THE GALAXY NEXUS BY GOOGLE & SAMSUNG (What you know and need to know on PG.1) *UPDATE 3.1* 11/4

most of you might know this already but still:

To run the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwhich emulator:

1. Download the SDK: http://bit.ly/1IsNM2
2. Extract the Zip to a folder on your desktop
3. Click SDK Manager.exe
4. Put a check in the box for Android 4.0, click Install Packages on bottom right
5. Go back into the Android folder on your desktop, open AVD Manager.exe
6. Click New
7. Give it a name, change the target to Android 4.0
8. Click Create AVD
9. Hit Start, wait five minutes

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

How big is the actual screen? Also why did they stick with 5MP? I know more pixel doesn't equal better but atleast did they update the f to 2.2 or 2.4 (something close to iPhone 4S or Galaxy S II?).

Did you see the quality and speed of the pictures it took?  It looks great to me, especially in low light.  And the video quality is crazy.
its only 5mp but it has a new sensor 

Originally Posted by gil23

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Man why won't Google get some better designers? For real...
30t6p3b.gif

This thing looks atrocious.

And that video had a bit too much lag for me.
17f15eef5d29ae0cc1f690900885ad0795d7add_r.gif
What are you guys talking about?
I dont even OWN an iPhone...and i'm just commenting on the device.

Since when did all comments have to be PRO android? I was looking forward to seeing what they released actually. 

The UI looks weak and the device performance was lacking even on the demo. 

Am I not supposed to say that? 

I should add though, that data usage app is really robust and touch to beam is dope. 

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

I feel that with a decent amount of info being left out that ICS was some what rushed or maybe just the phone.

Methinks that the delay to "honor Steve Jobs" instead of unveiling at CTIA was Sammy/Goog stripping the OS of additions that were added but they didn't think were worth litigating with Apple across the world over.  It's obvious that Samsung is on a roll and Apple feels that the lawsuits are the best method of fighting their competition.  And I'm not an Apple or Android fanboy, just stating facts.  If Apple were going to sue Samsung for "slavishly copying" it sure as hell should've been on the first rendition of the Galaxy S as opposed to the GS2.

Who knows what the potential for ICS could be without Samsung/Google tiptoeing around the fear of Apple lawsuits. 

I love the addition of being able to "flick/swipe" things away, much like Cards in WebOS.  Brilliant feature.

30t6p3b.gif

Since when did all comments have to be PRO android? I was looking forward to seeing what they released actually. 

I should add though, that data usage app is really robust and touch to beam is dope. 

Just wondering what phone you have.

Hopefully the photo leaked of Verizon's version of the Nexus is accurate. It basically looks the same but with the standard 4G LTE symbol on the back. I really hope isn't too much more thinker than the one displayed at the conference just because of the LTE radios.

So disappointed that this not coming to sprint
30t6p3b.gif
...hopefully something good comes out by the summer time 

In all honesty, ICS is a great upgrade. Visuals...well, they'll need some time to grow on me...but as for the hardware, I like the "look" of the Galaxy S II far more. More square/angular.

Peace

Originally Posted by d e beatup

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

I feel that with a decent amount of info being left out that ICS was some what rushed or maybe just the phone.

Methinks that the delay to "honor Steve Jobs" instead of unveiling at CTIA was Sammy/Goog stripping the OS of additions that were added but they didn't think were worth litigating with Apple across the world over.  It's obvious that Samsung is on a roll and Apple feels that the lawsuits are the best method of fighting their competition.  And I'm not an Apple or Android fanboy, just stating facts.  If Apple were going to sue Samsung for "slavishly copying" it sure as hell should've been on the first rendition of the Galaxy S as opposed to the GS2.

Who knows what the potential for ICS could be without Samsung/Google tiptoeing around the fear of Apple lawsuits. 
I don't think it has anything to do with Apple...I mean simple info as what carriers it's going to be on. Worry that ICS might have been rush has been around for sometime. The errors during the presentation is what I'm concerned with...whether is was the phone, the OS, etc. And for lawsuits from what we saw, there was really isn't anything Apple could sue over yet, the phone isn't and OS aren't actually out yet. It would be hard to sue over something you just saw visual and claim patent infringement. 

Originally Posted by cubanref

30t6p3b.gif
Well, that's may not be true,  

Samsung Galaxy Nexus page shows it's coming to 7 carriers, including Sprint! Hope it's not a misprint!

http://www.samsung.com/us/register/galaxynexus/
Hopefully this is true! The phone is
pimp.gif
  but I'm def not leaving for Verizon
30t6p3b.gif
at those plan prices 

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Just wondering what phone you have.
ya rly

I'm still using my Nex S right now. I've thought about upgrading to the Sensation a while ago but I didn't think it was worth it after looking at the Galaxy II.

...and this one comes along
laugh.gif
damn.

in other news, Samsung keeps on taking Ls around the world vs Apple
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
  There's new lawsuits every week.

30t6p3b.gif
Well, that's may not be true,  

Samsung Galaxy Nexus page shows it's coming to 7 carriers, including Sprint! Hope it's not a misprint!

http://www.samsung.com/us/register/galaxynexus/
Hopefully this is true! The phone is
pimp.gif
  but I'm def not leaving for Verizon
30t6p3b.gif
at those plan prices 

And you don't have too, i was looking in Source Code of the sign-up page and i found this line of code

i class="full_li info"
input type="checkbox" name="cb_optin1" id="cb_optin1" class="check" checked="checked" value="N"
P class="checkbox" id="cb_optin1_desc" I would like receive special email offers and Nexus S 4G Galaxy Nexus information from Sprint Samsung

so in what network would sprint get this phone if only an LTE and HSPA+ version was announced?

Verizon Galaxy Nexus (SCH-i515) Image Found On Samsung’s Registration Site
by Chris Chavez on October 20th, 2011 at 3:40 am

VERIZON-Samsung-Galaxy-Nexus-550x193.jpg

After doing some snooping around Samsung’s Galaxy Nexus signup page, one of our readers found this image of the device with an interesting URL. Once again, we have the Samsung SCH-i515 showing its face, this time linked directly to the Galaxy Nexus image and Verizon, all in the same Samsung URL. Sounds pretty official, right?
There have been some rumors floating around (even after all the leaks and hints) that the Galaxy Nexus (Droid Prime?) may not actually arrive on Verizon. Even if the device doesn’t launch exclusively for the #1 carrier in the US, this is at least a clear indication that the Verizon version of the device was always part of Samsung’s plan. Just a matter of time before Verizon makes the Galaxy Nexus official.
Thanks, Sodiq!

I'm the snopper btw
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Sprint will be getting LTE by next year, but to answer your question i don't know what version sprint will be getting it in.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

After doing some snooping around Samsung’s Galaxy Nexus signup page, one of our readers found this image of the device with an interesting URL. Once again, we have the Samsung SCH-i515 showing its face, this time linked directly to the Galaxy Nexus image and Verizon, all in the same Samsung URL. Sounds pretty official, right?
There have been some rumors floating around (even after all the leaks and hints) that the Galaxy Nexus (Droid Prime?) may not actually arrive on Verizon. Even if the device doesn’t launch exclusively for the #1 carrier in the US, this is at least a clear indication that the Verizon version of the device was always part of Samsung’s plan. Just a matter of time before Verizon makes the Galaxy Nexus official.
Thanks, Sodiq!

I'm the snopper btw
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Sprint will be getting LTE by next year, but to answer your question i don't know what version sprint will be getting it.
Haha nice
frown.gif
 hopefully I can hold out until it drops on Sprint

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Thanks, Sodiq!

I'm the snopper btw
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Sprint will be getting LTE by next year, but to answer your question i don't know what version sprint will be getting it in.
Explain the "versions" to me fore a sec...  I have sprint and I want this phone, whats the deal for me?

30t6p3b.gif

Putty, what don't you like about the design?

Back
Top Bottom