the first cool grey xi release?

how crazy was the first cool grey xi release I was at the barber shop and they said that was the craziest release ever was it like this everywhere or just here in atlanta ?

Not sure about everywhere else, but in Atlanta the hype was crazy. I remember a guy came out of Walters bragging about getting his pair. Next thing u know about 5 guys jumped him and start asking the crowd who wanted buy his pair.

here in charlotte it was crazy, i was young but me and my dad sat in line for almost 4 hours, luckily i was able to get them since my foot was still small, at the footlocker across town, people were getting robbed and shot for there pairs as they were walking to there cars. people at my school were getting jumped for them on there way home and even during school. i to this day dont understand the reasoning for this shoe to be so hyped up and the craze behind it. during that time there were so many other shoes releasing that if i knew then what i know now then i would have picked up other shoes

In that video, they look like they smelled so good.

Niketown Chicago though.
pimp.gif

I didn't get these, my mom got me the 17's that next year.

Originally Posted by Mac4167

i to this day dont understand the reasoning for this shoe to be so hyped up and the craze behind it. during that time there were so many other shoes releasing that if i knew then what i know now then i would have picked up other shoes
Same here.

ahhh, back when LS c/w's were decent

I remember that release, it wasnt as big as the blk/red release but it was hyped. Good times
pimp.gif

Thanks for that vid dtb.

It made me reminis alot. Lol

A whole total different population of sneakerheads these days.
Most of them just put them on right there, not like people these days who just stare at them and never wear them.

It's funny how dude in the video was trying on the cool greys with fake xis on.
laugh.gif

I remember being in middle school when these came out. Everyone and they mama had these. I tried getting them that monday and everyone was sold out.

I wouldn't dare get a pair now. Just because I have yet to find a pair as icey as the pairs in the video.

Good thing that come out later this year.

dang i didnt even wear js bacc then i don't think these are the best 11s. Xjordanhead i never knew why people do that the saturday they come out im at the mall looking for a fit to bang them that same day

Originally Posted by Mercenary X

It's amazing how things have dramatically changed since 2001.

Finally! Someone who is actually old enough to remember that this is the year that changed everything. Internet nerds actually think that all this started back in '99. I can vouch, that many of the retros from '99-2000 that are now worth a bundle were slept on. These things did not sell out like they would today.

Originally Posted by marcelwuzhere

they should retro the 16 and the cool grey at the same time.

This is a very good idea. I speak for myself here, I would only want the XVI. But it would be a great way to commemorate 2001. Maybe next year we can get a 10 year anniversary of one of the best years in JB retro history.

The release got in the newspaper where I was back then.  Such a nice shoe.  Can't wait to own a brand new pair again.

Originally Posted by Cadwallader

Originally Posted by Mercenary X

It's amazing how things have dramatically changed since 2001.

Finally! Someone who is actually old enough to remember that this is the year that changed everything. Internet nerds actually think that all this started back in '99. I can vouch, that many of the retros from '99-2000 that are now worth a bundle were slept on. These things did not sell out like they would today.

Originally Posted by marcelwuzhere

they should retro the 16 and the cool grey at the same time.

This is a very good idea. I speak for myself here, I would only want the XVI. But it would be a great way to commemorate 2001. Maybe next year we can get a 10 year anniversary of one of the best years in JB retro history.

yeah things didnt sell out like today i remember i seen OG steel X's n XIII's on sale....ill say 01-02 was wen the hype started rising

Back
Top Bottom