****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

And I'm talking about LaMelo skipping a grade. It ain't that hard to comprehend.
You're arguing with yourself fam.

I merely read the post above mines and asked about Lamelo's age/grade and you countered with: 
"what does that have to do with his dad actually making him do whatever you need to do to skip his 8th grade year so the brothers could play 1 full year of high school ball together"
When I literally didn't ask a SINGLE thing about what his dad "made him do". 

In my experience most kids in CA in Melo's situation do graduate high school at 17. 

In a graudating class of high schoolseniors, those with summer birthdays are more likely to be turning 18 that same summer than 19, unless it's a ninjahood situation. 

It's at the discretion of the parents and then ultimately the school district but most kids with summer birthdays apply for a waiver from their district so that they can begin first grade at 5yo instead of the CA state mandated 6yo. 

Kind of funny Lavar opted not to like most parents then had his kid skip eighth grade for basketball reasons. 

Last edited:
Lamelo was born August 22. Depending on the school district, he may have narrowly missed the cut-off for starting school with people a few months older than him and instead was placed with students mostly born after him, making him one of the older people in his class.

By skipping ahead a grade, he's now with people slightly older than him. Not really a big deal either way.

That's my understanding at least.
This. My birthday is August 26th and I made the cut. I graduated HS in May 2010 at 17 and was 3 weeks deep in college before I even turned 18. 

In my experience most kids in CA in Melo's situation do graduate high school at 17. 

In a graudating class of high schoolseniors, those with summer birthdays are more likely to be turning 18 that same summer than 19, unless it's a ninjahood situation. 

It's at the discretion of the parents and then ultimately the school district but most kids with summer birthdays apply for a waiver from their district so that they can begin first grade at 5yo instead of the CA state mandated 6yo. 

Kind of funny Lavar opted not to like most parents then had his kid skip eighth grade for basketball reasons. 

4csmjbjx36ms4d5.gif

Not a ninjahood situation, using basketball its more like a Lenny Cooke Situation, he would've been a 21 year old freshman if he actually went to St. Johns instead of going to NBA draft

And I'm talking about LaMelo skipping a grade. It ain't that hard to comprehend.

I merely read the post above mines and asked about Lamelo's age/grade and you countered with: 

"what does that have to do with his dad actually making him do whatever you need to do to skip his 8th grade year so the brothers could play 1 full year of high school ball together"

You're litteraly the only one that doesn't understand the simple concept, but carry on.

You're litteraly the only one that doesn't understand the simple concept, but carry on.
laugh.gif
 There is no concept. You asked me a question that literally had ZERO to do with my post. I didn't mention Lavar at all in my post. 

As evident....several posters CLEARLY understood what I asked and actually provided insight.

Move around. 

Last edited:

4csmjbjx36ms4d5.gif

Not a ninjahood situation, using basketball its more like a Lenny Cooke Situation, he would've been a 21 year old freshman if he actually went to St. Johns instead of going to NBA draft

What is a ninjahood situation as it pertains to this particular topic?

:lol: why in the hell are you going at son for nothing?

Right?! I guess my comprehension skills are lacking also, cause I have no idea why he's going at dude for no reason :lol:

Just say whatever point you were wanting to make bro, you don't have to get in a fake argument with someone to talk about what you wanna talk about :rofl:

Right?! I guess my comprehension skills are lacking also, cause I have no idea why he's going at dude for no reason :lol:

Just say whatever point you were wanting to make bro, you don't have to get in a fake argument with someone to talk about what you wanna talk about :rofl:

It ain't even an argument. I took dude's original question, "isn't that normal" as being dismissive of the relevance of melo's ability to his age and competition.

I read too much in to it.

My point was that he skipped a grade and dude saying his age and when his birthday is, I assumed he knew that august birthdays are very close to cut offs for when you start school.

Again, my bad.

4csmjbjx36ms4d5.gif

What is a ninjahood situation as it pertains to this particular topic?
I'm too lazy to give you the full story, but let's just say he had to retake high school

I'm too lazy to give you the full story, but let's just say he had to retake high school

You can hate, but he's also the most educated NTer just off the strength of being the world record holder for years spent in community college.

Anyway, you can also easily bypass the school age limit thing by going to a private school as a child. I went to a private elementary school when I first started because the local school wanted me to start a year later, so I graduated as a 17 year old and didn't turn 18 until halfway through my freshman year of college.

Not being 21 while all my friends were busy hitting up clubs or taking trips to Vegas on a weekly basis felt terrible :lol:

Last edited:
My kid bday in November, he's 5 and starts 1st grade in August.

Back
Top Bottom