The End of an Era. Dallas Mavericks VS New Orleans Hornets Gm 5 7 EST

absolutely pathetic
smh.gif

can't get a call? first three game of the series yall shot more free throws than us... only reason yall won game 3 was because the free throw differential

Originally Posted by iShMiKeYaHeArD

can't get a call? first three game of the series yall shot more free throws than us... only reason yall won game 3 was because the free throw differential

There was only one game where there was a big discrepancy, and that WAS game three. But if you're going to complain about calls, go ahead. Only thingis that Dirk's been aggressive, as has Bass. I'm not saying there aren't times when the Hornets aren't getting calls, I'm just pointing outthat with the combined efforts of our poor transition defense, our perimeter defense, and the fact that we aren't getting to the line as much as we can,we're not in good shape.

yea josh howard has totally disappeared this series.. and dallas defense is non-existent... every time they try to double West has a mismatch downlow

Wow, I cant believe the Mavs are going out in the first round once again.

Theres gonna have to be some serious changes in the off season.

It comes down to this...

Dallas is simply getting beat by a quicker and more athletic team. Trading Harris and Diop zapped this team of a serious quick/athletic PG and a fairlyathletic big in Diop. That's gotten exposed in these 5 games. The Mavs try to double, and just aren't quick enough to recover and rotate to the rightguys. The doubles also don't come quick enough, and Chris Paul or Pargo just split the defense and can do whatever they want from there... Tyson Chandlerhas dominated the boards for no reason other than he's just flat out more athletic than Dampier or whoever is guarding him. There's been COUNTLESStimes where someone on Dallas has had position on him for a rebound, and he just out-jumps whoever it is and slaps the ball to mid-court.

This Dallas team just isn't athletic enough to match up. The Hornets are quicker and more athletic at literally every single position.

On a side note, Devlin and Dunleavy have to be the worst commentary team ever assembled. Dudes are a snooze-fest.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by 24 K B 8

Trade Dirk if you really wanna get anywhere next year....
Yeah, because Dirk has been the problem...
laugh.gif
That'sjust ******ed.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
That's just ******ed.

I swear I lose my mind when people say to trade DIRK. The franchise. Wow.

laugh.gif
That's just ******ed.

Dirk is not the problem....It's what surrounds Dirk that is the problem, they have the shooter in Jet and the slasher in Josh. But Kidd needs the ballin his hands just as much as Dirk thus creating an offensive philosophy that just doesn't fit. Add to the fact that they get NOTHING from the Center spot,and spotty play from the Bench......

I swear I lose my mind when people say to trade DIRK. The franchise. Wow.
Eh, I don't mind it anymore... But when you say "Trade Dirk if you want to get anywhere NEXT YEAR", it's like what the +#$! areyou talking about? Trade Dirk = Rebuild. You won't be getting anywhere next year, except the Lottery.

and yeah i agree..dirk gets way too much heat for no reason. dude has been clutch plenty of times for all the times he hasn't came through. some peoplehave real selective attention in evaluating dirk it's just hilarious
laugh.gif

It comes down to this...

Dallas is simply getting beat by a quicker and more athletic team. Trading Harris and Diop zapped this team of a serious quick/athletic PG and a fairly athletic big in Diop. That's gotten exposed in these 5 games. The Mavs try to double, and just aren't quick enough to recover and rotate to the right guys. The doubles also don't come quick enough, and Chris Paul or Pargo just split the defense and can do whatever they want from there... Tyson Chandler has dominated the boards for no reason other than he's just flat out more athletic than Dampier or whoever is guarding him. There's been COUNTLESS times where someone on Dallas has had position on him for a rebound, and he just out-jumps whoever it is and slaps the ball to mid-court.

This Dallas team just isn't athletic enough to match up. The Hornets are quicker and more athletic at literally every single position.

On a side note, Devlin and Dunleavy have to be the worst commentary team ever assembled. Dudes are a snooze-fest.
sick.gif

Unfortunately, this is what a lot of people were saying when the trade was in the works.

Kidd > Devin, but, on a whole, you don't really lose that much if the Mavericks have Devin. Kidd might be a better floor leader, but, speed kills atthe PG position. It's an asset. And Devin can hit jumpers and take charges.

Diop was the Mavericks best defender. A quick footed 7 footer.

All in all, fire Avery. Trade Josh for an athletic wing.

Back
Top Bottom