The Earl Sweatshirt album is gonna be a problem...

roll.gif

if the buzz was big you wouldn't have to bump the thread...people would be discussing it in here already.
I can't really continue this tomfoolery with you. Someone's gotta bump the thread...anyway...

Thing about this guy is that yeah, he does this dark-rap/mood-rap thing that isn't exactly THE HOTTEST THING in the streetz right now. To me what makes it so potent is that he does it SO INCREDIBLY WELL that an Earl song really has become his and his alone. Super Rich Kids on the Frank album was already a dark song but think about how much more dark that song becomes once Earl pops up. Nobody is doing what Earl is doing on Earl's level. Plus the fact that he's the age he is leaves so much room for artistic growth. 

yall dudes must be from cali NO ONE around my way (florida/south) even knows earl and I havent seen one person round here who supports or bumps OF

must be a west coast/hipster NYC thing

9/10 people dont even know Frank Ocean is apart of OF

Frank is the ONLY dude outta OF that will have longevity

Ya'll been screaming this for 2 years now and yet they still sell out shows both in the states and overseas.

Regardless of how much you dislike them...they have a cult following.

i think most people know earl isnt about to do numbers...

im still gonna check it out, i have pretty low hopes for it but i truly hope its good

lol at the longevity discussion when Tyler just dropped his 3rd major label album with no mixtapes in between.

People let their OF hatred get in the way of facts.

lol at the longevity discussion when Tyler just dropped his 3rd major label album with no mixtapes in between.

Holla at me in 15 years when Frank is still singing at the Grammys while Tyler is going on 40 years old hanging out at Supreme talking about the good ole days :rolleyes

just cause you selling out shows doesnt mean nothing! just cause u got a colt following doesnt mean anything either cause if that was the case Riff Raff and Lil B would be the next Hov and Ye!

for crying out Jake Miller selling out shows I guess he buzzing big too :lol:

I have yet to see these guys sell out a arena they stay doin them 1,000-8,000 venues

n I have nothing against OF by all means I love to see young brothers get money but lets not go over board and act like they poppin everywhere

Last edited:
I saw a kid in the mall yesterday wearing an OF shirt with matching OF socks.

I can't tell you how bad I wanted to give him the ol' Chris Jericho running bulldog.

Holla at me in 15 years when Frank is still singing at the Grammys while Tyler is going on 40 years old hanging out at Supreme talking about the good ole days :rolleyes

just cause you selling out shows doesnt mean nothing! just cause u got a colt following doesnt mean anything either cause if that was the case Riff Raff and Lil B would be the next Hov and Ye!

for crying out Jake Miller selling out shows I guess he buzzing big too :lol:

I have yet to see these guys sell out a arena they stay doin them 1,000-8,000 venues

n I have nothing against OF by all means I love to see young brothers get money but lets not go over board and act like they poppin everywhere

:lol: only a handful of artists reach this level of popularity.

lol at selling out shows not meaning anything. if you a musician, it means everything. being able to make your money when the label stops pushing you is everything.

Of gon of. Hipsters favorite rappers. Outside of frank the average person doesn't know they exist

3 albums bro?

:lol:

sheer quantity of albums is a talking point when we start talking 5..6..7 and that artist is still relevant and prospering in the game.

I can't really continue this tomfoolery with you. Someone's gotta bump the thread...anyway...

Thing about this guy is that yeah, he does this dark-rap/mood-rap thing that isn't exactly THE HOTTEST THING in the streetz right now. To me what makes it so potent is that he does it SO INCREDIBLY WELL that an Earl song really has become his and his alone. Super Rich Kids on the Frank album was already a dark song but think about how much more dark that song becomes once Earl pops up. Nobody is doing what Earl is doing on Earl's level. Plus the fact that he's the age he is leaves so much room for artistic growth. 
Gotta agree with Nique. If it had buzz or people were excited for it more people would be posting. Look at the Weeknd thread.

To me that verse wasnt dark at all(Poppin xan and batting people's mailboxes in their dad's jag.). A song about rich kids doing dumb ishh doesnt sound dark to me. 

Will download. Sounds like a good sleeping aid.

Legit baffled at how anyone like the whole monotonous flow etc.

Gotta agree with Nique. If it had buzz or people were excited for it more people would be posting. Look at the Weeknd thread.

To me that verse wasnt dark at all(Poppin xan and batting people's mailboxes in their dad's jag.). A song about rich kids doing dumb ishh doesnt sound dark to me. 
Super Rich Kids is dark as **** IMO, I think that's the whole point of the song.

Earl is obviously doing a niche thing that will be very difficult to translate into mainstream success. However, that doesn't mean there isn't a space for rappers like him in hip hop, especially when they do it as well as Earl does.

As far as the buzz...look it's definitely true that the majority of Earl's buzz comes from the internet and a specific demographic. But this is where buzz blossoms these days, and IMO the buzz for the Earl album is as high as any other rap release left this year.

:rofl: I went to the Mac Miller space migration tour mainly to see Chance, and texted my friend about Earl being there..... he responds "Good luck staying awake"

When I didn't respond he texted me again, "Oh you must have fallen asleep watching Earl."

I'm bringin this thread back cause the buzz is too strong and the tracks are too good.

Don't really *** with OF no more but I am heavy anticipating this weird-*** album

:lol:

buzz so strong you have to bump the thread?

View media item 218785

1 of my favorite gifs being put to EXCELLENT usage right here :lol: :lol:

He makes Loon and old school Mase sound like Vinnie Paz and Meek Mill rapping in the middle of football stadium

Last edited:

If we're using Nike Talk to gauge someone's buzz...then Joe Budden should have had a platinum plaque sometime around 2008.

Back
Top Bottom