The Concept Of Carrying A Team: What Does It Mean To You?

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

IMO it has to result in the team getting somewhere in the playoffs finals or maybe even a winning record.

Iverson carried the Sixers to the Finals. Kobe never has.
eyes.gif

IMO it has to result in the team getting somewhere in the playoffs finals or maybe even a winning record.

eyes.gif

He didn't that year, but to say he never has is plain stupid.

He didn't that year, but to say he never has is plain stupid.

If you carry a team there has no be success that comes with it. A player putting up big numbers on a team with no wins isn't carrying a team imo.

If you carry a team there has no be success that comes with it. A player putting up big numbers on a team with no wins isn't carrying a team imo.

Dwyane Wade - Marquette
Carmelo Anthony - Syracuse
Stephen Curry - Davidson

Can't think of professional athletes. Jason Kidd as a Net?

Dwyane Wade - Marquette
Carmelo Anthony - Syracuse
Stephen Curry - Davidson

Can't think of professional athletes. Jason Kidd as a Net?

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

^How bout LeBron- Cavaliers

LeBron taking that Cavs team to the Finals is definitely the one that's most recent and popped into my mind.
That guy literally BEAT a team in the Pistons.  Of course he didn't absolutely do it alone but to say he had a lot of help would be ignorance.
That was definitely one of the better examples of the past 5 years.

To me the concept of carrying a team is when an individual player assumes an outstanding majority of the duties that are required to lead a group, or team, to victory.

Though it is amazing and very entertaining to watch someone carry a team, I still prefer a team I root for to be more balanced.
In my opinion as a fan, I am more at ease in believing in a team and not in just one player.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

^How bout LeBron- Cavaliers

LeBron taking that Cavs team to the Finals is definitely the one that's most recent and popped into my mind.
That guy literally BEAT a team in the Pistons.  Of course he didn't absolutely do it alone but to say he had a lot of help would be ignorance.
That was definitely one of the better examples of the past 5 years.

To me the concept of carrying a team is when an individual player assumes an outstanding majority of the duties that are required to lead a group, or team, to victory.

Though it is amazing and very entertaining to watch someone carry a team, I still prefer a team I root for to be more balanced.
In my opinion as a fan, I am more at ease in believing in a team and not in just one player.

making your teammates better
digging your team out of a hole
being the one your team goes to in must-have situations

making your teammates better
digging your team out of a hole
being the one your team goes to in must-have situations

Back
Top Bottom