The Combat Jack Show Thread

Man Kevin Hart getting sensitive as hell. He swear everybody is jealous of him. These comedians clown each other all the time.

If you say it once, it may just be jokes. If you keep saying it, it's how you really feel.

Mike Epps is no different than Faizon and Dave Chappelle. Only Faizon is real about his. Mike Epps is masking it as just jokes.

And people with the comments at Kevin is because they are jealous. Because they feel they're funnier and should be getting his roles or be just as popular.

Nah I can't rock with that. These comedians clown each other all time. Kevin Hart ain't the only one. Michael Blackson clowns everybody but Kevin got sensitive about that too. If it was just him maybe but it's not.

Mike Epps has had great success, he has no reason to be jealous. Faizon talking about Dave sounded like some personal **** though.

He wasn’t lying tho :lol: Kevin Hart really not that funny to me and I’m one of the few ppl who liked Soul Plane. Besides that and Paper Soldiers I’ve never messed with him

He just cracked the white ppl code. I love Dave but he did as well

Kevin Hart is funnier than Mike Epps.

Nah I can't rock with that. These comedians clown each other all time. Kevin Hart ain't the only one. Michael Blackson clowns everybody but Kevin got sensitive about that too. If it was just him maybe but it's not.

Mike Epps has had great success, he has no reason to be jealous. Faizon talking about Dave sounded like some personal **** though.

Mike Epps isn't joking. Kevin Hart knows he's not joking.

Go look at Mike Epps in Uncle Drew and tell me he doesn't have a reason to be jealous.

Kevin Hart's brand of comedian is safe and silly. He's never gonna push any lines, talk about racism, **** like that.

I liked 2 of his stand-ups but after that his material is weak and his movies are corny. I liked that movie he did with Regina Hall but that's about it. Mike Epps is way better than him on screen.

The thing about comedy is that stuff is so subjective that it's pointless to even use blanket statements in saying who is and isn't funny. Comedians going at each other is sillier to me than when certain music artists go at one another. For every person that agrees with Mike in saying Kevin isn't funny, there's one who believes Kevin to be the funniest person around. The inverse is also true. These dudes going back and forth is corny.

Sidebar: Mike Epps isn't funny to me at all. I've sat through some of his stand ups, thinking maybe it just hadn't clicked. But nah. Son just meh as hell in my book. :lol:

Kevin Hart's brand of comedian is safe and silly. He's never gonna push any lines, talk about racism, **** like that.

I liked 2 of his stand-ups but after that his material is weak and his movies are corny. I liked that movie he did with Regina Hall but that's about it. Mike Epps is way better than him on screen.

but Mike Epps isn't that. He's not Chris Rock or Dave Chappelle.

Mike Epps is a safe comedian who just doesn't have as much cross over appeal

This is true. But comedy is so fundamentally subjective that comedians bickering about who is/isn’t funny, or what does/doesn’t constitute as funny... is just corny. :lol:

Epps has fans, Kev has fans. Mike looks corny for repeatedly saying Kev’s not funny (as that’s the energy he could put toward to bettering his craft and furthering his career), and Kevin looks corny for continuously focusing on the people who don’t rock with him (since that’s energy that could be spent focusing on the fans who appreciates his work).

Last edited:
This is true. But comedy is so fundamentally subjective that comedians bickering about who is/isn’t funny, or what does/doesn’t constitute as funny... is just corny. :lol:

Epps has fans, Kev has fans. Mike looks corny for repeatedly saying Kev’s not funny (as that’s the energy he could put toward to bettering his craft and furthering his career), and Kevin looks corny for continuously focusing on the people who don’t rock with him (since that’s energy that could be spent focusing on the fans who appreciates his work).

Yeah the **** is weird considering these dudes have known each other for a long time

I do think the crossover **** messes with these dudes heads tho because while it’s easy to say “my success isn’t stopping you from succeeding” it seem like only a few black comedians can really be actualized simultaneously. I still haven’t figured out if this is moreso on the fans, the nature of the industry or an equal blame for both.

For comparison I think female rappers kinda have the same thing going on in their space.

but Mike Epps isn't that. He's not Chris Rock or Dave Chappelle.

Mike Epps is a safe comedian who just doesn't have as much cross over appeal
I ain't saying Mike Epps is Dave or Chris but he way funnier than Kevin. The Friday movies, All About Benjamin's, Hangover. You might not like him but he has memorable roles. None of Kevin Hart's movie stuff last long except Paper Soilders. His movies do numbers cuz they're cheesy and nice then people forget.

And comedians do need to have mainstream love. You can build a core following and travel the country for years and make great money. That mainstream love don't last long.

something honestly
had to have happened behind the scenes
between them 2
kev does seem to have a big ego now though

I ain't saying Mike Epps is Dave or Chris but he way funnier than Kevin. The Friday movies, All About Benjamin's, Hangover. You might not like him but he has memorable roles. None of Kevin Hart's movie stuff last long except Paper Soilders. His movies do numbers cuz they're cheesy and nice then people forget.

And comedians do need to have mainstream love. You can build a core following and travel the country for years and make great money. That mainstream love don't last long.

That's a movie role. Something written for him.

If I'm watching a Kevin Hart stand up versus Mike Epps, I'm laughing more from Kevin's.

Comedians run in extremely tight knit circles in LA. It's like a fraternity...yet they're all scratching and clawing for the same opportunities. They've all seen each other's highs and lows. There's always going to be drama and whoever the "top dog" is will always be the subject of ire from some of the other comedians. Just like str8drop str8drop said, it's the same for female rappers.

The sad and scary thing is...it's the Hollywood "machine" that has set up this "messiah" like complex where they anoint 1 guy, and there's alot of politics that go in to that. So there's an element of guys thinking they're better and are just offering honest critique...but it's more jealousy that the machine didn't put them in that spot. The ones that are content with what they have and don't want to be in that spot because of all that comes with it...probably aren't thinking about Kevin Hart.

I'd love to see a Kevin Hart roast where all these dudes are in a room with him and he has the chance to hit back with jokes. All this crying about "ya'll jealous" of me is weak..even if it's true. But...I'm not sure if he has THIS in him:

Back
Top Bottom