The Combat Jack Show Thread

Love the art but I've yet to catch it on tv. I can only stand so much of the curry Goat and Tom Brazy.

the content is there

you'll see
What content?

Joe just yells at Ak and belittles him 4 days out the week, while Nadeska looks like she doesn't even wanna be there

Ill give that show no more than a year before the show gets cancelled

And I actually like the show, its cool to listen to during work but its no where near as entertaining then Desus and Mero. 

I don't like Desus and Mero's comedy either but I feel like it authentic to them, something I can't say about the daily struggle.

Everybody got a damn podcast now :lol:

Speaking of that, and Desus and Mero, they also had a feature on Hannibal's podcast recently, The Handsome Rambler. Pretty funny

Everybody got a damn podcast now :lol:

Speaking of that, and Desus and Mero, they also had a feature on Hannibal's podcast recently, The Handsome Rambler. Pretty funny

I skipped that episode but I don't know anybody else that listens to Handsome Rambler, salute. :lol:

The last joint with Killer Mike is hilarious I didn't know Mike was that funny.

Yeah I found out about it off the random, was flipping through a GQ magazine while I was waiting at the barbershop and read about it :lol:

Only heard the Desus & Mero and Eric Andre eppisodes so far but I'll check that Killer Mike too

feel like I say this every week but I like what desus and mero do but it gets repetitive easily

their og pod being stopped was prolly the best thing to happen to them, it was getting redundant then

then being gone built a lil buzz

I can almost bet they'll delve into skits at some point, they should

also the tv show started off slow just like people have criticism for everyday struggle

I just feel everyday struggle is a better show out the gate with better topics as well

feel like I say this every week but I like what desus and mero do but it gets repetitive easily

their og pod being stopped was prolly the best thing to happen to them, it was getting redundant then

then being gone built a lil buzz

I can almost bet they'll delve into skits at some point, they should

also the tv show started off slow just like people have criticism for everyday struggle

I just feel everyday struggle is a better show out the gate with better topics as well

while on its face what desus & mero seem to be more similar than not to what 'the daily struggle' is; i feel like they are worlds apart...sure it just seems as the sole difference is the breadth & scale of topics is larger, as thus they don't get in depth on any one topic, so it may come off like flash cards with the topics. however, the show is entirely based around their commentary, personalities, how they play off of & relate to each other; the bodega boys show is specifically about how those 2 relate, the topics are almost beside the point, which is really just to get those guys talking about stuff...

all the parts of the complex show could potentially be interchangeable/replaceable, there the topics are meant to drive the show (which isn't to say that the personalities don't matter, just that the argument takes precedence); so to the extent the personalities aren't, don't seem to be, or don't treat each other as equals and the show wanders off into whatever budden want to get off his chest, the show kinda breaks down for me. if the arguments aren't taken seriously and/or the cast don't respect the other if even only for arguments sake, it makes the show harder to watch or becomes less about the topics & more about the personalities, which doesn't seem to be what they are trying for. i feel like they have been & will get better, though it still feels like they need a stronger personality in between joe & akademiks, that will actually interject when either is wrong or keep them on point; there are times when nadeska (sp?) just looks exasperated having to deal with budden...

Chris Stylez needs to go back to the drawing board and find some better guest.

Would love to hear an "investment banker" anonymous or "hedge fund insider" anonymous.

Word! There are other means of getting paper that we could get the inside scoop on, not just the street ****.

My man is on his "third season" of course it's gonna dry up a little lol
:rofl:

He is running out of ideas and or people to interview.

:rofl:
Bleek gotta podcast now w/ Jay's nephew Rel called Dusse Friday of course :lol:. Bleek a funny dude, doubt I tune in regularly tho.

Not sure I could listen to Bleek for an extended period of time.

while on its face what desus & mero seem to be more similar than not to what 'the daily struggle' is; i feel like they are worlds apart...sure it just seems as the sole difference is the breadth & scale of topics

thing is I agree with everything you typed

but I still prefer everyday struggle

sometimes concepts outway talent

everyday struggle just has a better concept for me

Everyday Struggle has gotten better. I didn't think I'd watch it but I don't think I've missed an episode. I think the length of the show helps too. Akademiks isn't too bad anymore. The broad still gotta go. She's weird as ****. She can't handle conversation or people raising their voice. Get this locked in the closet broad out of here.

Back
Top Bottom