The Combat Jack Show Thread

I really don't like Akademiks but he's perfect for the role. He represents your typical rap fan under the age of 25. A ****** nerd just talking dumb **** so he's perfect.

Budden's role works for him but I feel like they're telling him or he's doing it on his own. He's yelling and getting extra worked up. "Acting"

The broad on the show is very hard to look at.

I'm mainly speaking on the era where the mixtape punchline rapper trend started that Budden and Fab were a big part of, which is around 2002 and after I'd say, post Blueprint 2.

And yeah there were definitely alot of good projects in the late 90s early 2000's tho, but even still those were mainly from dudes who I'd consider 90s rappers (Jay, Nas, Outkast, Roots, Common, Sigel, Cam, DMX, Mobb Deep, MF Doom, Dre,Meth & Red, Pun, Lauryn Hill, M.O.P, Gangstarr, AZ, Mos Def, Kweli, UGK, Cee-lo, Ghostface, De La, Ja etc.), mixed in with a couple new guys (Ye, 50, T.I., Freeway, Clipse, Luda, Nelly, I'm probably forgetting a couple). Go back and look at the best albums of 2003 and 2004 and take the 90's artists out, it ain't that poppin tbh.
What mixtapes/artists were you rockin with at the time
I meant deeper in terms of quantity of good artists and music, not the subject matter. And tbh I never rocked with the mood muzik series, couple tracks here and there but that's it.

Negative, a lot of good underground projects came out then, Little Brother Cannibal Ox, MF Doom, Murs, Non Phixion, Jedi Mind Tricks.....

Doom was the **** but he's a 90s dude, Murs 3:16 had some tracks and walk like a man was crazy first time I heard it, Murs as a whole was just cool tho imo, the listening was very meh and overrated, did not rock with The Cold Vein in the least bit, never got into Non Phixion or Jedi Mind Tricks

tenor.gif

Joe comes off real corny here......think this was supposed to be the first episode or trial run.

***** fronting on Kodak Black....and lumping him in with Yachty :smh:

:lol: I promise you I tried, but those tired 9th Wonder beats where every one sounds just like the last one :x, sorry bruh not for me. And then people at the time were comparing them to ATCQ with a straight face :x :smh: :lol:.

Phonte was always nice though, and The Minstrel Show was an improvement, definitely had some tracks

Joe Budden aka Semantics Man

joe lowkey the black schultz minus the racism

That's his "thing" now, going for that Skip Bayless personality role :lol:

Agreed on all points. I can't deal with his whole arguing schtick at this point, just annoying

Joe swear he's the smartest in the room. And from the one ep I watched Joe is extra, but he does seem to amp it up for the camera, he did say he wanted to be an actor. :lol: it's funny he gave himself OG/Real ***** status, ****** posed to stamp you with that. :lol:

Akademiks a clown too, but I wish him luck on having to deal with Joe on a daily basis. :lol: Rory and them put up with his antics and his random screaming because that's their boy.

I wonder what a complex check is like now, because I had a friend working there at one point, and she said Desus and Mero and Combat and them were getting "crumbs."

New It's The Real with DJ Kay Slay. I know a lot of folks on here think ITR is corny, but this episode was pretty damn good. Kay Slay's stories were dope and he fit the format of their show pretty damn well. At this point, ITR and Juan Epstein have essentially replaced Combat Jack for me. 

Do NORE and AZ have beef or something? Why didn't NORE get AZ on drink champs yet?

Schulz ain't Schulz without the racism, b.:lol:

Exactly

joe lowkey the black schultz minus the racism

Very bad comparison. Schulz is on another level.

Joe Budden aka Semantics Man

Yep

Do NORE and AZ have beef or something? Why didn't NORE get AZ on drink champs yet?

I was wondering that also. Especially when I heard Ali Vegas mention Half and AZ having problems

I guess it will finally happen with Doe or Die 2 ever happens.

AZ doesn't do interviews though.

First hour into this Clark Kent DC episode, so far so good. I like how Clark doesn't let NORE or EFN derail the interview. Mayor playing the background, that's what's up. Mayor with his over anxious Bronx accent is too much, he needs to relax.

Best parts are Clark hearing an 11 year old Rakim rap and Clark trying to sign Nas to Atlantic.

Sidenote, RIP Charlie Murphy. He would have been a great DC guest. He probably has tons of stories like the Rick James and Prince ones.

Wasn't AZ on Combat Jack Show a couple of times? NORE and AZ probably got some 1/2 Puerto Rican and 1/2 Dominican problems or some ****.

I think once

I thought about AZ when Nore mentioned Fab as being the best half latino

It's AZ

Definitely RIP to Charlie. He would have been an amazing 3 hour podcast interview. Dude has stories that go back to the 70s.

Sidenote: :rofl: @ Rory telling Joe to stop yelling and Joe agreeing. He definitely won't stop, though.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom