The Combat Jack Show Thread

a blinkin a blinkin CALLED it weeks ago :smh:

:lol:

:lol:

It went better than expected. I commend Tariq on calling Schulz on the verbal gymnastics schtick because no one ever does. Schulz was literally saying stuff like "standard deviation" and drawing percentages from no where... all to essentially say that he doesn't believe white supremacists organizations have infiltrated police forces around the country. :stoneface:

I think people just take schultz's tone as winning

just because he's relentlessly stupid doesn't change facts

I think y'all are expecting too much from Tariq. His arguments been flimsy too.

There were so many times where he missed the opportunity to school Schulz, but he didn't come prepared. Then he started talking about the 'negro bed wench mentality' and went completely off into the deep end.

Tariq ain't too different than Schulz honestly. Just different ends of the spectrum.

THANK YOU

Bless ya'll who can listen to Andrew cuz I can't do it. I take racism too serious for someone who constantly goes on the way he does. He doesn't want to learn he wants to win. I go back and forth on how I feel about Charlemagne often but I'm leaning towards disliking him for even being on a platform with someone like Schulz.

statistics don't tell stories, they are simply numbers and that's what Schulz doesn't get. Yes, there ma be more homicides by gun in the inner city but that doesn't tell the story of why. When Tariq was asking for names, the reason why Schulz couldn't think of any off hand is because of the narrative we hear on the daily about black people. This is what statistics do not tell.

I think y'all are expecting too much from Tariq. His arguments been flimsy too.

There were so many times where he missed the opportunity to school Schulz, but he didn't come prepared. Then he started talking about the 'negro bed wench mentality' and went completely off into the deep end.

Tariq ain't too different than Schulz honestly. Just different ends of the spectrum.

THANK YOU

Bless ya'll who can listen to Andrew cuz I can't do it. I take racism too serious for someone who constantly goes on the way he does. He doesn't want to learn he wants to win. I go back and forth on how I feel about Charlemagne often but I'm leaning towards disliking him for even being on a platform with someone like Schulz.

Agree with that last part. CTG is a funny style dude having friends like him.

How did you dudes even get through the first half to get to the Tariq interview?

I haven't listened to every episode, but from what I get out of them is, you have a black guy and a white guy. But they don't talk about white people at all, but it's two people talking about black problems, the week in black ******* and condemning black people. Shultz shouldn't have a seat at the table much less being allowed to be involved in that discussion. Why are you speaking about who is a more important figure in the black community or does more?

there was nothing tariq coulve done different

he couldn't even get a word in

there was no conversation

the best example is tax and tariq, they had a perfect dynamic

also schultz kept saying there is white supremacy but any time any example was given it was shot down

the real question is what does schultz view as white supremacy?

Last edited:
How did you dudes even get through the first half to get to the Tariq interview?

I haven't listened to every episode, but from what I get out of them is, you have a black guy and a white guy. But they don't talk about white people at all, but it's two people talking about black problems, the week in black ******* and condemning black people. Shultz shouldn't have a seat at the table much less being allowed to be involved in that discussion. Why are you speaking about who is a more important figure in the black community or does more?

So true. This is why I can't **** with Charlemagne AT ALL

Hahaha, it's cool fellas. Not saying they aren't talented because they are, that style of comedy isn't easy. It's just not for me.

Nah, those dudes do not amuse me at all. I've tried several times.

You wylin but I guess the art only for a selected few and mostly only people from NY would understand most they jokes and get it, maybe even people from the tri state.

people put way too much emphasis on ny

comedy is universal

some people just don't like their rapid fire style of comedy which is fine

it's not my favorite style either but I like the show

I always felt tax was funnier but now i gotta listen to old eps only smh

Tax was funny at times but I only listened to his show when he had a guest I was interested in which wasn't often

w​hat i like about Desus and Mero is that you can tell they're both really smart dudes that have an intelligent irreverence.  They don't have to beat you over the head with trying to prove they're smart

whereas to me personally Tax and even Charlemagne use irreverence as a cover for ignorance

The name Brilliant Idiots just gives dudes leeway to say stupid **** and occasionally stumble up on a decent point

Back
Top Bottom