The Combat Jack Show Thread

You seem to personally hate both cipha and rosenberg, so I assume that's why you find the banter to be so unacceptable. But the show was built on that tho, the interviews were only added in after the show had built a core audience, but ciph and rosenberg talking **** with an occasional guest and a group of reoccurring characters is the what the show is. I'm a fan but you seem not to be, agree to disagree I suppose.

Rap radar is wack tho, too dry. Juan ep is the best medium between dry *** rap radar and the stupidity of drink champs imo. To each his own tho

Juan Ep, where they make half the interview about them?

Prodigy and Nore were recently in the same and room, but I doubt that ever happens.

God damn, Combat really interrupts every 10 seconds.:x

The All Hip Hop one? How is that?
Eh, Combat was too charged up. Dude was jumping in for details at every opportunity, or cutting in to make a joke and laugh obnoxiously loud.

It was decent, but Combat be going way too much.

Sidenote: I can't defend Juan Ep. They really take a good 20 minutes sometimes to talk about their week while the artist is there. They're interviews just aren't good and they rarely get big interviews anymore. I didn't really realize until they had some actual competition.

Rosenberg is pretty corny and Ciph almost wears the fact that he doesn't **** with newer music or that he didn't research the artist before the interview as a badge of honor. Oh, and I don't really find his brand of comedy very funny.

Last edited:
Shouldn't come as too much of a surprise to folks. Tax has two prior felonies, one of em I believe was a conviction for a violent offense. It was well known that he was at Irving that night. I don't believe there's any way the cops ever took their eye off of him or ruled him out as a suspect. More than likely they've been gathering evidence and testimony ("snitching") from people that were in attendance that night, which can be very time consuming. Gotta see how this plays out. Depending on if he's charged, and what he's charged with, dude could be looking at serious time. :smh:

it was only a matter of time

they prolly let em linger in hopes he'd say or do something more incriminating

Taxstone arrested over that Troy Ave Irving Plaza shooting

http://pix11.com/2017/01/16/ny-hip-...in-connection-to-fatal-irving-plaza-shooting/

Also, cosign Rosenherb being a cornball. I remember The Combat Jack show put together a Hit Squad concert back in 2012 and they had Rosenberg come out- dude was booed like crazy. Booed so bad that Combat had to defend him.

People think Rosenberg is a herb, but yall rock with Combat Jack tho? That dude been a PURE cornball :lol:, but hey, to each his own man. But Juan ep definitely been slacking on the newer episodes, they're pretty hit or miss now. And they don't get great artists consistently like they used to, plus they get a little too into the old timers circuit which with all due respect just aren't that interesting in most cases. Their time might've passed but who knows, between Rap Radar, Juan Ep, Combat, Waste of Time and Drink Champs I don't think any one of those has really established themselves at the top spot, they all have their pros and cons.

As far as Tax tho, what's his charge? From everything that's been rumored he didn't have the gun, didn't pull the trigger, and didn't even start the confrontation (Troy Ave approached him), so what are they about to charge him with? Unless it's on some **** like association with a felon or something like that, I don't see how they're gonna convict him of anything serious.

People think Rosenberg is a herb, but yall rock with Combat Jack tho? That dude been a PURE cornball
laugh.gif
, but hey, to each his own man.
Like I said before, I was more of a Combat Jack show fan when there was a bigger crew- Dallas Penn, Premium Pete, Just Blaze, etc. They had great banter and great interviews. Combat gives great interviews in general although his on-air personality needs work.

They may have pulled his DNA from one of the guns and pinned a possession charge on him. Considering he's a two time felon, I don't think it's looking too good.

Juan ep is good if you wanna hear super fan, nerd talk or deep history

if you know the history and wanna see different sides of guests personalities then drink champs is the move

if you wanna hear purely bout the hosts than combat and rap radar is the look

nores biggest problem is he has a time limit in his own head how long you're supposed to talk and nobody else knows the limit lol

if you know the history and wanna see different sides of guests personalities then drink champs is the move

nores biggest problem is he has a time limit in his own head how long you're supposed to talk and nobody else knows the limit lol
Accurate. 

:lol:

But yeah, pretty accurate

I think Combat is the better show. Ciph would rather be doing comedy. I appreciate Pete cuz he's a true fan and it was cool to listen to him interview ppl he came up on or loooked up to.

DC has a cool lane but I just can't take Nore. All the drunkenness really can take away from what would otherwise be a great interview. Nore has the peer relationship with his guests the others don't but that **** is too clownish for me.

It's The Real is cool but idk who their guests are half the time and while real knowledgeable about hip hop they're corny and annoying at times.

Does NY have that 3 strike law for felons or is that only Cali?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom