The Combat Jack Show Thread

It's always funny when I see people speak on Joe as a "failure". Yea he didn't have the most commercially successful rap career, but it was still pretty solid. His "success" as a rapper is why he even had a fanbase to begin with when he first started podcasting.

They're 100s of rappers who came out during Joe's era who would LOVE to be in his position right now.

That’s a fact. ****, he exceeded expectations a lil bit…considering the type of rapper he really is, and the songs he wanted to put out.

****, you could look at this XXL freshman class…and see 5 out of 6 *****s who immediately had much bigger rap careers, and immediate access to opportunities and money that budden never had

3 dudes who came in with a SCORCHING 50 cent-interscope.

Another dude who came in with a SCORCHING Ludacris, and had plenty MAJOR hits right out the gate.

Juelz who came in with a scorching Camron/Dipset and Rocafela death jam backing. All these platinum artist would give those plaques away to have the forsight and sheer hustle That Budden has.

Dude is living better than they and him EVER did. And you could say this is the perfect time in his life to have that.

Just noticed Ryan Clark took over all of Brandon's traps 😭
1724383713301.png

1724383742873.png

I saw some dummy say Joe wasn’t popular or had hits. Dawg, there are tooooo many idiots in this world at this point. It’s sad.

Popularity is FLEETING. I wish people would understand that. Popularity for a couple months or years does not equate to long term

:lol:

Joe built a grassroots movement with his Mood Muzik series. Still was spitting while doing collabs with Tsu Surf.

When it’s “in” you. You always gone find a way to eat. Yung Miami is a dunce. You can’t box with god. I know it’s a cliche term but people are really dumb out here

I didn't have any problems with what LL said. Def Jam had 15 years before X and Jay came. A lot of people just aren't familiar with the foundation from T La Rock to Onyx that helped them be significant and for that name to mean something.

Those gold and platinum albums from LL, Beasties, Slick Rick and PE allowed for them to be around to now.

You can't put Erykah Badu over Smokey Robinson for Motown and what he meant, because you're a fan of Erykah.

I didn't have any problems with what LL said. Def Jam had 15 years before X and Jay came. A lot of people just aren't familiar with the foundation from T La Rock to Onyx that helped them be significant and for that name to mean something.

Those gold and platinum albums from LL, Beasties, Slick Rick and PE allowed for them to be around to now.

You can't put Erykah Badu over Smokey Robinson for Motown and what he meant, because you're a fan of Erykah.

They need to drop this episode already.

I saw some dummy say Joe wasn’t popular or had hits. Dawg, there are tooooo many idiots in this world at this point. It’s sad.

Popularity is FLEETING. I wish people would understand that. Popularity for a couple months or years does not equate to long term

:lol:

Joe built a grassroots movement with his Mood Muzik series. Still was spitting while doing collabs with Tsu Surf.

When it’s “in” you. You always gone find a way to eat. Yung Miami is a dunce. You can’t box with god. I know it’s a cliche term but people are really dumb out here
Even though he only had 1 monster hit, he still has other lowercase "hits" .

Clubbin
Put it down
NBA

Can’t wait to watch this. I respect LL and think he’s a legend but his albums were always ehhh. I feel like he tried to go the Jay and DMX route with GOAT (my favorite LL album) but he couldn’t do it.

Even though he only had 1 monster hit, he still has other lowercase "hits" .

Clubbin
Put it down
NBA

He had hits, classic mixtapes, started the online forum and interacting with your fans, started Love and Hip Hop and was the first to talk about battling depression and anxiety. It’s ****in wild how much of hip hop has been Influenced by Joe.

I liked this interview. Self and his partner didn’t know much about Fresh or Cash Money but I liked what Mannie was saying. Talking about Baby and Wayne not knowing Jay when they received the Ha Remix. Not listening to current music because it’s so bad.

Cash Money got something in the works? They have been making their rounds lately. Didn't hear them promoting anything on the BC interview. Unless I missed it.

On top of that we don't look at X and Hov as "Def Jam". They're Ruff Ryders and Rocafella.

Can’t wait to watch this. I respect LL and think he’s a legend but his albums were always ehhh. I feel like he tried to go the Jay and DMX route with GOAT (my favorite LL album) but he couldn’t do it.

I looked at LL the way I look at Drake for the most part, but I liked more of his songs. I was never big on music designed for chicks. That Boyz 2 Men song :sick:

BAD is his best project

and really wasn't big on the post 50 LL. The post Jay/X was bad enough. I was confused why he was talking tough all of a sudden after 20 years. He was authentic, but I never felt the need for him to tell us his dealing with people in the streets. I was confused. Most of the 80's rappers had dealings in the streets. It was mid life crisis rap.

When JT was in jail, a couple of Yung Miami features/songs are credit as City Girls but as a duo they had a way more successful rap career than Joe Budden.

That being said she still got wat she deserved 4 that

Back
Top Bottom