The Combat Jack Show Thread

What would that code be? How is this more successful or profitable than Take Care/NWTS/IYRTITL which were full of hits but also pretty critically acclaimed/universally regarded as his best work? Same for most albums (GRODT, Blueprint, College Dropout, Graduation, etc.) from 2000-2015 that people put on “top ten rap albums” lists. People always speak as if it has to be one or the other
I think he would have to strangely slow his output to do this. He has been dropping say least a project a year for a while now.

As others have said he pretty much lives a life of partying, smashing young thotties and enjoying his money to the fullest (not mad at him it's a good life). Homie is also hella rich.

I think the fans want either more relatable raps (in respect to his age) or at least lyrical content/ flows that push the culture forward.

Instead Drake insinuated this would be a return to his older sound and content only to deliver a project of the sound that most of his fans like the least. **** is befuddling.

1696727904750.jpeg

Yeah, I mean obviously what Charleston said there, was out of line and extreme. But if you listen to the interview, he really talking about change and how it could’ve been affected. And even acknowledges how we all sell out in a way, on a daily basis. So this is not about moral high ground etc…

But Deion for real had the ball in his hands to do something even greater than he’s done already. And who better equipped, than a ***** that’s been HIM. And blazed paths from the jump.

This breakdown solid too.

I get Deion, and what he doing. Just would’ve liked to see him stick it out at JSU for a longer term, and really see the program start to change/perception etc. Cuz if you build it, they’ll come. And he’s evidence of that.

Colorado/NCAA pulled a power move. Keep picking off the top talents (black players).

It’s really crazy when you start thinking about how schools like Morgan, Texas Western etc…were dominating the PWI’s in the 60s & 70s

Then integration and look now. There is a scene in the Pistol Pete movie (FIRE btw, although whitewashed), where Press Maravich comes to the conclusion after going to a black school across the tracks (and they dunking and 360ing and all that :lol:)…that if they’re going to compete in the future, they have to integrate. Not out of any love…but to keep his job.

1:03:00 minute mark:

The basketball scenes in this movie are fire btw.

JSU simply wasn't prepared for what Deion was bringing.

Now Joe can stop being phony with him now. He ain't giving you no interview so all the dancing around your real opinions can stop.

Last edited:
:rofl: I’m laughing @ the fact Drake really called Parks Mark Zuckerberg. I can’t wait for the response now

All this **** might make me listen to this Drake album

reality is drake been spinning joe since he first came to nyc back in like 07 or 08

had joe thinking they bouta drop some songs together and he’s done that with women and the podcast

boys forget drake is an actor at the end of the day

Drake is only successful because we live in a coddled, soft, fake and phony era. Simple and plain.

His fans have the same sucker mentality that he does. People who probably had identity crisis their entire lives or rebelled against their parents wishes.

This is the PERFECT era for people like him. This is why he flourishes. People who lack accountability or can’t take constructive criticism, look at the landscape. Look at the mentality of your average 20, or 30 something year old person, they act exactly like Drake or exhibit 75% of his traits.

Drake is only successful because we live in a coddled, soft, fake and phony era. Simple and plain.

His fans have the same sucker mentality that he does. People who probably had identity crisis their entire lives or rebelled against their parents wishes.

This is the PERFECT era for people like him. This is why he flourishes. People who lack accountability or can’t take constructive criticism, look at the landscape. Look at the mentality of your average 20, or 30 something year old person, they act exactly like Drake or exhibit 75% of his traits.

hyperbole much? due to those things only??

🤔 hip-hop (and arguably people in general) aren’t really that accepting of criticism publicly no matter how constructive, this is why most artists (and people) are reticent to even give truly honest, unfiltered opinions about other artists (in public) that isn’t praise; else be called a ‘hater;’ this isn’t a new phenomenon, if maybe more on front street. if anything the ‘culture’ of untempered public criticism, is a relatively new phenomenon owing to the rise of the internet & blogging and now podcasts & social media.

never been a big drake fan but it’s disingenuous to not acknowledge dude is immensely talented, that is partially why folk can be disappointed in these lackluster efforts he puts out. apart from him just staying in the people’s faces consistently pretty much yearly with music be it his own albums/music or w/strategic features, he does manage to stay somewhat tapped in to memes of popular culture…for better & worse drake really seems like he is paying attention to the audience to an extent his contemporary peers, in terms of stature, don’t seem to care to; him responding in the comments is an exemplar manifestation of this difference

:rofl: I’m laughing @ the fact Drake really called Parks Mark Zuckerberg. I can’t wait for the response now

All this **** might make me listen to this Drake album

Nothing really needs to be said after this

It would be more funny if he said something about Ice, because Parks was actually the one who was most fond of the project. He won't say anything on Wednesday's pod, because it's also about relationships for him.

well wednesdays pod should be interesting

IMG_0765.jpeg

so glad Joe can’t hide behind being cool with drake after this message

ever since drake said he’d come to the pod joe fell in line

This one of the rare instances where they both right .

I think I’m one of the very few fans of Drakes music in this thread but I can even say the rap songs aren’t good on here . This the first album I preferred the r&b over the rap .He needs to be making more “Away from Homes” and less IDGAF.

But I do love the last couple sentences ****tin on joes pockets . Joe ****s on middle America and “broke” people all the time so good to see somebody do that to him lol. I’m sure that made him more upset than anything else drake said . Can’t talk that money talk with everybody .

This one of the rare instances where they both right .

I think I’m one of the very few fans of Drakes music in this thread but I can even say the rap songs aren’t good on here . This the first album I preferred the r&b over the rap .He needs to be making more “Away from Homes” and less IDGAF.

But I do love the last couple sentences ****tin on joes pockets . Joe ****s on middle America and “broke” people all the time so good to see somebody do that to him lol. I’m sure that made him more upset than anything else drake said . Can’t talk that money talk with everybody .

Joe is a millionaire and refers to Aubrey as the golden child. You think he doesn’t know that Aubrey has way more money than him? He wrote a paragraph and had a tantrum like a child, if anything I think Joe smiled because it proved his point and got people checking his podcast for the next couple weeks.

It's kinda weird, He seems to lead on the popular black male media personalities hoping for an interview, Joe, Charla, Elliot etc then he starts some beef with them instead, then runs to a safe space with some unknown white chick. Kinda *****made, time to take the gloves off.

What beef did he start with Elliot? Elliot got mad that Drake did the interview with that white girl instead of him, then proceeded to tweet about how Drake’s interviews have been “mid” :lol:.

Joe is a millionaire and refers to Aubrey as the golden child. You think he doesn’t know that Aubrey has way more money than him? He wrote a paragraph and had a tantrum like a child, if anything I think Joe smiled because it proved his point and got people checking his podcast for the next couple weeks.
I think Joe is insecure about funds above all else and his go to is to pocket watch and **** on people’s income , homes , cars , etc. example Gillie window , Charlemagne dress, etc.

So I’m sure the modest home , etc bothered him.

people also fail to realize that drake was never making music for us, we were never the target audience

we enjoyed it more back then but that’s due to what his audience preferred then vs now

people get confused with drakes age cause if you’re on nt you’re either round the same age as drake or older but he’s not making music for 40 year old men and never will

I said this same thing in the gratitude Jordan 11 thread about Jordan not making shoes for 50 year olds

when you know the game it’s hard to be disappointed

I would’ve been more surprised if I really liked the last album

drake took alotta style from joe, phonte, kanye and a couple others and never really reached back to show love all outta fear of being outshined or exposed

drake take my whole style and all the women im after then go hang out with lil yachty while ignoring me with all the money in the world id prolly be a lil bitter bout it too

that’s what it’s really about

drake doesn’t really show love

The Drake’s, Lil Wayne’s, Futures, etc can’t make mature music past 35+ years of age because they spent sooooo much time trying to appeal to teens and young adults.

2chainz is probably the only dude who was successful for a while in that type of lane, probably because during his re-invention, people forgot his playa circle days.

The Rick Ross’, Pusha T’s Benny the butchers’ , J. Cole’s, T.I.’s, etc have had longevity after age 35 because they ALWAYS made mature music and had a balance.

Drake had a decent balance of substance at one point in his career but he’s full grown stuck at 25 years old now.

Rick Ross is 47 years old and still ill with it. J. Cole is 38, Benny 38, etc because those dudes don’t chase styles. They CREATE IT

I think Joe is insecure about funds above all else and his go to is to pocket watch and **** on people’s income , homes , cars , etc. example Gillie window , Charlemagne dress, etc.

So I’m sure the modest home , etc bothered him.

I think you’re mixing up jokes with reality. Joe was the same guy that turned down big deals for his podcast and ended his show with Complex. If he was that insecure about money, he would ***** himself out and take whatever he could.

We know Aubrey has a bigger bank and is a bigger star. Just like we know Aubrey sold more albums than Pusha. Record sales and money talk isn’t impacting either of these men.

Drake has been copying these young cats and trying to “hop on” every young newcomers wave that he neglected his own creativity. Now he’s stuck.

10 years of wave hopping has finally put the nail in the coffin. Thank God

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
Drake suffering the same fate Lil Wayne suffered, he just 5 years older than Wayne, when it happened.

Wayne reached this level at 30/31 in about 2012.

Drake’s 35 so yup, same trajectory

People got older and realized Wayne wasn’t saying anything profound and Old Yeller’d his a*** :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom