The Combat Jack Show Thread

The Carl Banks(Giants) & April Walker(Walker Wear) interview was a lot better than I thought it would be.

So what are the best Combat Jack interviews?

I've tried with Combat Jack, but the **** is wack to me man. They get some great artists to show up but they suck as interviewers. Premium Pete and Dallas Penn are corny and annoying as ****. Combat Jack is funny here and there and does a decent job with the interviewing but hes still kinda lame. I feel like every interview that's been cool has been cool despite them dudes, not because of them. Too much serious pontification, corny jokes, overall wack ****. Cantdoit.gif. Maybe I should stick to Juan Epstein or even those Breakfast Club exteded interviews.

funny you knock their interviewing skills and then give props to Juan Epstein and the BC

#funnytoyaboy

half of juan epstein interviews is about them and Peter's ******* wife 

funny you knock their interviewing skills and then give props to Juan Epstein and the BC

#funnytoyaboy

:lol:

Not really, they just have personalities. And they're not super serious but they're super hip hop heads with real connections (Ciph at least from being around in the 90s) so it makes it so much better. It's funny and they know their stuff. Also would rather listen to The Champs interview most of these guests as well. Combat Jack just doesn't cut it for me.

Combat Jack>Juan Ep.

I like both, but Combat is more in depth and it's more about the guest.

Yeah Juan Ep definitely tends to be short, every interview they do they talk about doing a part 2 at the end. Still, I'd take a short Juan Ep over a Combat Jack with most guests.

Cipha is a super hip hop head? No, he's a DJ. One who doesn't even know about half the people they interview, nor does he care enough to listen to or research them. Sometimes I wonder if Cipha actually loves hip hop, and if it's just a job.

Yo, the JD where in the middle of the interview he called his wife :smh:

Met Dallas Penn at Sneaker Con this past weekend. Super real dude. Asked me to take a pic at that was a real humbling moment.

As for Juan Epp, I don't see how you call Combat lame but can deal with Cypha swearing he is funny (when he's not) and Peter acting like a spoiled child whenever the interview focuses on the artist (as it should) and then proceeds to go with his "but look what I can do" act. I only listen to them because they get the exclusive guests.

Cipha is a super hip hop head? No, he's a DJ. One who doesn't even know about half the people they interview, nor does he care enough to listen to or research them. Sometimes I wonder if Cipha actually loves hip hop, and if it's just a job.

You couldn't have listened to more than one episode.

:lol: They had a dope hour long interview and that's the only part you mentioned though.

It's cool though, difference of opinion. Combat Jack and them just don't have it to me. Like I said, Juan Ep, The Champs, and even Charlemagne (even though I seriously disagree with his racial politics lately) tend to be way better interviewers. I just check out Jack when they have interviews from random guests I can't find anywhere else (mega, etc.)

Man I just :smh: ...not the first time he pulled that **** either

You couldn't have listened to more than one episode.
:lol: They had a dope hour long interview and that's the only part you mentioned though.

And you must not know much about rap if you think Cipha sounds anything like a super hip hop head. I can hear it when he's talking about the music.

I've been criticizing them forever about how they make interviews about them and not about the guest half the time and waste too much time.

And you must not know much about rap if you think Cipha sounds anything like a super hip hop head. I can hear it when he's talking about the music.

I've been criticizing them forever about how they make interviews about them and not about the guest half the time and waste too much time.

This is why I cringe listening to most of the episodes. If they want to be interviewed they just need to do other podcasts and not waste our time.

Last edited:

that's what makes him so annoying...i haven't listened to the show in months...the same guests are on Combat at the same time and he's more chill

its cool Ciph gets to interview people he looks up to but he always comes off as a cornball while doing so...

i always mix up their names...i mean Rosenburg...he's the one that annoys me and I can hear all the spit in his mouth when he talks :x

Last edited:
To a degree I think Rosenberg is a wannabe, but you can tell he has passion for the music. Rosenberg is quick to tell you what he grew up listening too. Cipha? Sometimes I'm sure Rosenberg's faking it, but still. Cipha DJ'd for Lil Kim, A&R'd, produced and then worked at Fat Beats. He worked at Fat Beats and I don't think he even liked underground rap besides Doom. How can you not mention Disposable Arts in a Ace interview? He's talked about where he had a period of when he wasn't in to the music, but on the other hand you can't really tell when he ever was. If you listen to him talk about rap, and those that proceeded him tot he point they should be discouraged by the music today, like a Kid Capri, Clark Kent and Bobbito...it's like night and day. I'd describe it as listening to a dude talk about his wife. You can tell who is still as deeply in love as when they first met.

I forgot what it was exactly, but once Cipha was describing his DJ'ing once and it was like he didn't even listen to the music. I was thinking, I'd never hire you for a party. Meanwhile Clark Kent was describing his two systems at home. So you know Clark practices and listens to the music in his spare time. Cipha listens to reggae :stoneface: I'm like dude could have you at least listened to blah blahs album before they came or familiarized yourself with their catalog.

I think that's why non-funny Cipha is doing the comedy thing.

Rosenberg used to annoy me during interviews, but now it's Cipha.

Last edited:
To a degree I think Rosenberg is a wannabe, but you can tell he has passion for the music. Rosenberg is quick to tell you what he grew up listening too. Cipha? Sometimes I'm sure Rosenberg's faking it, but still. Cipha DJ'd for Lil Kim, A&R'd, produced and then worked at Fat Beats. He worked at Fat Beats and I don't think he even liked underground rap besides Doom. How can you not mention Disposable Arts in a Ace interview? He's talked about where he had a period of when he wasn't in to the music, but on the other hand you can't really tell when he ever was. If you listen to him talk about rap, and those that proceeded him tot he point they should be discouraged by the music today, like a Kid Capri, Clark Kent and Bobbito...it's like night and day. I'd describe it as listening to a dude talk about his wife. You can tell who is still as deeply in love as when they first met.

I forgot what it was exactly, but once Cipha was describing his DJ'ing once and it was like he didn't even listen to the music. I was thinking, I'd never hire you for a party. Meanwhile Clark Kent was describing his two systems at home. So you know Clark practices and listens to the music in his spare time. Cipha listens to reggae :stoneface: I'm like dude could have you at least listened to blah blahs album before they came or familiarized yourself with their catalog.

I think that's why non-funny Cipha is doing the comedy thing.

Rosenberg used to annoy me during interviews, but now it's Cipha.

you're right on Ciph's background...i always confuse the two...Rosenburg is the annoying one...

The Big K.R.I.T. Episode 

King Remembered In Time makes his second Combat Jack Show appearance. On the eve of his 2nd Def Jam album Cadillactica, which drops November 11, 2014, K.R.I.T. talks about his growth as an artist, surviving his debut album "tanking", touring with Macklemore, separating his professional and private life, being called out on Kendrick Lamar's "Control" and why he's about to shake up the game as he claims the south as his kingdom. This time around, I'm doubling down on this Mississippi native.

big-krit-the-combat-jack-show.jpg

who was Combat throwing subliminal at (on twitter) about flaking on an interview 
nerd.gif

What did he say :nerd:

I wonder if Combat is trying to keep things short after the Ice T and Chuck D interviews.

The Krit interview was good.

I actually miss the music mixes. I didn't like DJ Ben worse DJ name ever, until Just Blaze joined. After that his mixes seemed to stop being a last minute after thought.

I wish they would have Krit come on after the album so they could go over the album. Stalley too. I think that would have given Stalley a better interview.

it was something to the effect of "I expect young rappers to flake on an interview but not a veteran"

What did he say :nerd:

I wonder if Combat is trying to keep things short after the Ice T and Chuck D interviews.

The Krit interview was good.

I actually miss the music mixes. I didn't like DJ Ben worse DJ name ever, until Just Blaze joined. After that his mixes seemed to stop being a last minute after thought.

I wish they would have Krit come on after the album so they could go over the album. Stalley too. I think that would have given Stalley a better interview.

The Benhameen mixes were dope, always put me onto some new underground joints. Those album review interviews need to happen more often, especially with cats he's not well versed on.

Back
Top Bottom