The Combat Jack Show Thread

funny thing is he talks about how people joke on him for it all the time

my boy knows and still plays the game

And as I've grown older...I've grown to appreciate Ja Rule more.

Real *****

Same here, I met him back in 2013, shortly after he got out of jail. Real chill, laid back dude. One thing I remember is dude had a firm *** grip. Random :lol:

I can't stand Elliott Wilson he is beyond annoying, but Rap Radar has some dope interviews.

I agree with that. Organized Noize episode is coming soon!

I've been listened to a few of The Cipher episodes(Paris, K-Def, 45 King, Rakim). It's next level nerd. Juan Ep without the corniness, but straight interview and very nerdy. It's not something to listen to every week, but they have a wide variety of guest(underground, old school, producers) where they'll probably have someone you like. The interruptions playing the music took some getting used to, but it's pretty educational.

I never knew 45 King did Heed The Word Of A Brother

Same here, I met him back in 2013, shortly after he got out of jail. Real chill, laid back dude. One thing I remember is dude had a firm *** grip. Random :lol:

Coincidence

It's like NORE is interviewing himself half the time, and NORE is the best interviewee in the game.:lol:

NORE telling stories every week? Sign me up.

Last edited:
That Mike Tyson story Kiss told...

He just walked up to Eve and said "I would **** the **** outta you"

:lol: :rofl:

Last edited:
That Mike Tyson story Kiss told...

He just walked up to Eve and said "I would **** the **** outta you"

:lol: :rofl:

When Kiss said "we looked at Eve and said you just gonna have to hold that one" I f'ing lost it. No one gonna start **** with Iron Mike. :rofl:

:rofl:

That **** would be 8 hours...

And I'd listen to the whole thing in one sitting.:lol:

This might be what causes the first case of a person dying of laughter. :lol:

How can someone not like Combat's interview style? Its like he's cross examining the guest, ask them a string of questions them an over arching question that helps you get an idea of the character of the guest. I say that to say that the Kierna Mayo episode was really really good.

The Lennox and Mike stories :lol:

How can someone not like Combat's interview style? Its like he's cross examining the guest, ask them a string of questions them an over arching question that helps you get an idea of the character of the guest. I say that to say that the Kierna Mayo episode was really really good.

It was? I didn't listen. I had no interest in her.

He often cuts off guest and tries to finish their thoughts. That can become annoying. But for the most part he's ok.

Kierna Mayo episode was really really good.

I second this, combat has a way of making interesting interviews out of people and eras i usually wouldn't care for, simply because he knows a lot about whoever he's interviewing and although he does cut them off from time to time he also allows them to elaborate on time periods & allowing them to paint the picture of whatever era their talking about.

Ja having a 50k drug budget :lol:

Suge going up to Def Jam telling 'em "Ja is coming with me" :lol:

It's funny how direct and on some movie **** Suge was

I remember seeing Eiht being interviewed by Vlad and he was saying a bunch of cars blocked off the street in both directions and he Suge walked up to him just to say it was just music with him and Quik and it wasn't real beef.

I'm trying to hold off on Nore interviews and listen when I have slow days
But maaaan I wanna listen to the ja interview :lol:
Should I hold off for 2 more weeks
That way I have 3 straight interviews to listen to on my road trip to SoCal
Or just say eff it and listen now
Cause I listened to the joe interview on my way back from SoCal that weekend
And damn near crashed laughing at the dmx stories and other stuff

Listen, man. The podcast is too good to let it sit.

You can usually catch me on the N train crying my eyes out on my way to and from work.
laugh.gif

I'm trying to hold off on Nore interviews and listen when I have slow days
But maaaan I wanna listen to the ja interview :lol:
Should I hold off for 2 more weeks
That way I have 3 straight interviews to listen to on my road trip to SoCal
Or just say eff it and listen now
Cause I listened to the joe interview on my way back from SoCal that weekend
And damn near crashed laughing at the dmx stories and other stuff

Do it. Peer pressure.

There is no way I could hold off on listening to the NORE podcast. I was literally checking for it from the moment I heard he would have one.

That Ja and Jada interview was funny as hell. Its cool to see all these old hip stories come out.

Ja drug budget was wild. I can't believe Def Jam just let him do it.

Back
Top Bottom