indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I feel you with the stone face (nomo)...quite frankly, i am getting a tad bit tired of the way Uconn plays these game...close until the final minute. Theway that i see it, at some point the comeback is going to falter and it would be horrible if it occurred during BE.tournament or worse, NCAA tourney. Idefinitely miss the good ol' days when we just dismantled teams **sigh**

HOLY %%+# ANYONE WATCHING OU VS BAYLOR?

WOW

Baylor hits 2 FT 2 go up 3. OU comes down dude is fouled on the 3 point shot and he makes it for a 4 point play. baylor comes down going for the win and dudeis fouled on some wack %++ call and he miss's both FT.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

WOW

Baylor hits 2 FT 2 go up 3. OU comes down dude is fouled on the 3 point shot and he makes it for a 4 point play. baylor comes down going for the win and dude is fouled on some wack %++ call and he miss's both FT.
eek.gif

Curtis Jerrels was not clutch at all.
indifferent.gif

Bruce kid should think about stop playing

EDIT-
I totally forgot

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

WOW

Baylor hits 2 FT 2 go up 3. OU comes down dude is fouled on the 3 point shot and he makes it for a 4 point play. baylor comes down going for the win and dude is fouled on some wack %++ call and he miss's both FT.
eek.gif

Curtis Jerrels was not clutch at all.
indifferent.gif

Bruce kid should seriously think about killing himself before someone else does.

Probably not the best thing to say about a Baylor basketball player...
nerd.gif

I didn't see the game but Jerrells has a tendency to try and win games but under performing a lot of the time. He hasn't made good decisions at the endof games at all.

Blake Griffin with 29 and 15...
laugh.gif

Damned Baylor...
smh.gif
Makin me look like an idiot hyping them up so damn much a month ago... Boy, they really need 4 of these last 5. Or 3, at the very least,with a good showing in the BigXii tourney.

I leave, Depaul up 11, come back...Uconn wins
We're not going anywhere
laugh.gif
. Even during Depaul'srun I never felt nervous. Kinda figured UConn would get it together at some point. If you watched this game then you have to come to realize that Hasheem isthe most effective big man in the big east when you take into account what he does on both ends of the court. One more year of learning how to positionhimself better for rebounds and more polish on the offensive end and he's good to go in my books. He's already the best interior defender in thecountry.

Still not havin Roy hand that title over yet...
laugh.gif
...especially when headto head he outplayed him.

If he get's stronger and has some post moves, he'll be incredible. Not good or very good, he'll be great. Thankfully, for my case, I think he'sgone after this season

Taking a quote
[font=Arial,Helvetica][font=Arial,Helvetica]It's good to win 10 in a row. Close wins over Cincy, USF, and Depaul make you gutsy.

It's bad to be good all season. Close wins over Syracuse, Villanova, and West Virginia make you lucky.
[/font]
[/font]

that said...

I like Uconn's chances to run the BE table ...if anyone is gona do it

Still not havin Roy hand that title over yet
I'll take Hasheem over Roy simply because Hasheem will never have an off night on the defensive end. He'll always get his defensively andanything offensively is a plus. You never see Roy dominate defensively like Hasheem does. I'd rate their athleticism as being on par yet Hasheem has 2less years of college basketball minus a couple more years of organized ball yet Hasheem, IMO, is a notch or 2 ahead of Roy defensively.

That head to head stuff means nothing because Hasheem's not a head to head guy. Offensively he's not a consistent go to guy right now. What he doesis control the paint the same way Oden did last year. For all the hype people gave Roy before the season started he has done nothing to justify any of thathype. He doesn't dominate the ball, he's passive, and acts like a stiff half the game. Defensively he's good but not what you'd expect from aseasoned 7 fter. He has talent in certain areas and intangibles that make him good but he doesn't do anything great at the college level.

Big men I'd take over him in no particular order:
Kevin Love
Hasheem Thabeet
Tyler Hansbrough (hurts me to even type his name
sick.gif
)
DJ White
Joey Dorsey
Harangody
sick.gif

Darnell Jackson
Ole boy puttin' up serious numbers for Rider
James Gist
Ryan Andersen

And that's just off the top of the dome without really thinking about it.

IDK...

I just view Roy differently then other people, I guess because I've seen him for 4 years and seen the improvement over time.

I'd put...

Love
Thompson
Hansbrough

as the only guys who play the 5 over him right now.

Our guards suck at gettin him the ball, and honestly, almost seem to have self internal jealousy when it comes to Roy...it's strange...

against Providence JT3 made Roy the #1 option and he got 15 shots. And he came through.

He's not dominant this year, but he is anchoring a very good defense ...he's not at all the shot blocker Thabeet is, Roy just gets his from being7'2. But his impact, albeit not as much, is still there.

Offensively, he's probably the 2nd best passing big man behind Love on that list. When things go through Roy, it looks and goes a whole lot better.He's capable of hitting a 15 footer now, just whatever we're attempting to do against the 2-3 isn't resulting in it

He is passive, or at least seems to be with the way our guards go about playing against a zone defense.

If Roy got to see man defense, he would murder...unfortunately, we never see that anymore. If I had to guess over the past 2 years when Roy got the ball on theblock 1 on 1, probably 85% of the time, he's scored or got fouled.

He shoots 60% from the field, but only gets 9 shots a game.

He needs to take some blame for that by not being as assertive as needed, but a lot of it has come down to guard play and coaching this year...
the last 3 halves started to go in the right direction of making him the focal point though.

It's been more of guard play that has held him back rather than himself.

with Harangody, Roy's the reason I give him no respect, because Roy manhandles him and that team.

Again, I'm a big supporter of Thabeet, and he'll surpass Roy fairly easily if he keeps improving.....but right now, I'd still take Roy.
Of course, it's different with the way I see it, because Thabeet would not fit in this system (and a few other guys), at all

Man... I just saw the Baylor/OU highlights... It has been a ROUGH couple of games for Aaron Bruce. Dude went Chris Webber against the Horns, then fouled the3pt shooter tonight. Cost the Bears the game BOTH times.
smh.gif
What happened to this dude? He's nowhere near the guy that averaged damn near 20 points as afreshman way back when... His numbers have been stuck in reverse ever since.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

After beating Gonzaga last month, MempHis coach John Calipari (19) proclaimed that the Tigers are "going to go from being Tennessee's team to being America's team." Since then, the Tigers have accumulated more victories. And more baggage.

Which got The Minutes thinking that it's time to put this to a popular vote. Do you, my fellow Americans, wish to declare as Your Team a group that includes the following:

• Pierre Niles (20), a backup center who, according to the MempHis Commercial Appeal, owns the blue-sleeved hand seen slapping a UAB fan in the stands in the picture at the top of this story. Debris-throwing UAB fans should be embarrassed by their postgame behavior toward the Tigers -- but if you don't run across the court to get into the faces of those fools, as the Commercial Appeal reported Niles, Shawn Taggart (21) and Jeff Robinson (22) did, you stand much less chance of being goaded into slapping anyone. But judging from Niles' body (6-foot-8, 310 pounds) and body of work (eight points this season), altercations might be his strong suit. (Meanwhile, Conference USA reacted with trademark sluggishness, failing to complete its review of the fracas as of noon Tuesday. A spokeswoman said the league is "still gathering information" on the Niles slap, more than 60 hours after it occurred. Meanwhile, Memphis has announced no discipline of its own against Niles.)

Is Memphis America's team? If so, does that make John Calipari commander in chief?

• Taggart and Robinson, who don't just get their kicks by taunting UAB fans. They also have September 2007 arrests for inciting a riot outside a Beale Street night spot called the Plush Club on their résumés. Neither missed any game time because of the incident.

• Don't forget Joey Dorsey (23), the spectacularly athletic MempHis center who police say also was involved in that September Plush Club incident, though he was not arrested. After that one, Calipari said Dorsey was down to his last strike to stay on the team. And it takes some work to reach last-strike territory with Cal.

• Robert Dozier (24), MempHis' third-leading scorer, is alleged to have smacked a former girlfriend twice with his open hand earlier this month. (Hence the misspelled UAB sign.) He allegedly did this at 3:30 a.m. outside the very same Plush Club, which Calipari reportedly had declared off-limits to the Tigers after the September inciting-a-riot thing. Dozier's punishment: He sat out one game, against vaunted SMU (8-15). Now, the ex-girlfriend comes with some baggage of her own, including previously asking for and receiving protective orders. She has not pressed charges against Dozier over the incident.

• Andre Allen (25), backup point guard, was arrested in 2005 on charges of soliciting a prostitute.

Then there is the coach, whose lone trip to a Final Four, in 1996 at Massachusetts, has been vacated from the NCAA record books for rules violations that occurred on his watch.

And that's just the current roster. You might recall that former Tigers Jeremy Hunt, Kareem Cooper and Sean Banks had multiple off-court incidents of their own under Calipari. Forgive The Minutes for forgetting any others.

The polls are now open, America. Vote your conscience.

LOL, figured that slap had to belong to a player.

who ever said they were "America' Team"? is it jus becuase thier undefeated? them dude dont care about none of that
as far as these "incidents":
dont know much about P. Niles slappin dude...may be true
Taggert and Robinson didnt start the incident with the fans, them dudes were ready to rush da floor. tigers were celebrating mid-court and were about to runoff and theses dudes came on the court ready to scrap
as far as Dorsey... dude was over-drunk at da club that nite, tried to holla some dude's chik and was bout 2 get jumped...he was just holdin his own
That broad lied on Dozier...like she has about other dudes she's tried to get locked up....
i knew this type of crap would happen...the better they get, the more bs they try to dig up
although i would love for the tigers to go all the way undefeated,
i hope they beat the !+%% outa UT and lose at least one game goin into the tourney just to get the monkey off thier backs
tired.gif

'Down year' for UK may be looking up

This is about as down as it gets for University of Kentucky basketball.

Without the intervention of a Higher Power (and by that, I mean the NCAA), this is about as depleted a roster as you'll see on the home bench in Rupp Arena, about as rough a season. And that's no disrespect to a team that is playing as hard as anybody. It's just reality.

Toward the end of last night's victory over Georgia, ESPN play-by-play man Brad Nessler started talking about the Bulldogs' lack of depth.

You know, it wasn't exactly the 1996 Wildcats on the other bench. UK got three points off the bench in its 61-55 victory. On Saturday at Louisiana State, Wildcats coach Billy Gillispie didn't even use his bench, playing the same five guys the whole second half.

No, this is about as down as it gets, whether you're talking overall talent or overall numbers.

And yet …

UK still is 8-3 in the Southeastern Conference, the third-best record in the league.

The teams ahead of the Wildcats, Vanderbilt and Tennessee, lost in Rupp Arena, where UK now has won five straight.

Vandy, Vols and Cats

It may be a down year in Lexington, but here's the message that UK players are getting every day in practice.

"Coach is telling us every day how we're the best team in the SEC, along with Vanderbilt and Tennessee," freshman Patrick Patterson said. "He says the Mississippi State game we should have won, the Florida game we should have won. But he said put those games behind us and keep concentrating a game at a time and worry about the next opponent."

After watching the losses to Gardner-Webb and San Diego, who predicted that UK would still be on the lead lap in the SEC? Or even close to it?

The Wildcats are benefiting, certainly, from a conference that isn't as tough as it has been. But they've also navigated that conference at far from optimum conditions. Jodie Meeks remains on the shelf. Derrick Jasper won't be 100 percent all season.

After watching them for the second time last night, Georgia coach Dennis Felton summed up well what the Wildcats do have.

"They might not have as much depth as they'd like," Felton said. "But Ramel (Bradley) and Joe (Crawford) are as good a backcourt as you have in the country, and Patrick Patterson is ready to make an impact on an NBA team right now. He's a monster. He's NBA-ready, so he's hard for college players to handle. So they have three go-to players."

'Fight like crazy' against Hogs

They also now have a chance to make a major statement. Saturday's home game against Arkansas may be the most important yet this season.

This is not a UK team that is going to impress anyone by saying, "Look at our resume." It is a UK team that has a chance to make its case by saying, "Look at us now."

Gillispie knows, and said so last night, that some things still have to happen for UK to get that hearing. The Wildcats have too many stretches of offensive passivity. Patterson goes too long without touching the ball. Crawford goes too long without getting good looks.

It's still a long shot.

"We're going to fight like crazy on Saturday against one of the top two or three most talented teams -- if not the most talented team -- in the conference, and by far the most experienced team in the conference," Gillispie said. ". . . We're going to have to play much better than we did tonight."

Sure, it's a down season for the Wildcats. But the SEC leaders are learning that where UK is concerned, even in a down year, the blue object in their rear-view mirror may be closer than it appears.

dont know much about P. Niles slappin dude...may be true

Taggert and Robinson didnt start the incident with the fans, them dudes were ready to rush da floor. tigers were celebrating mid-court and were about to run off and theses dudes came on the court ready to scrap

as far as Dorsey... dude was over-drunk at da club that nite, tried to holla some dude's chik and was bout 2 get jumped...he was just holdin his own

That broad lied on Dozier...like she has about other dudes she's tried to get locked up....
You act like most of these aren't legitimate problems... Dorsey getting in a fight at the bar isn't any different than guys like McFaddenor Ken Hamlin, who also got some negative press...

Whether or not the girl lied to Dozier isn't the issue. A man has no business smacking around a girl. Period. If you're actually trying to defend that,well...
smh.gif

The whole getting into it with fans thing was just stupid. Go to the locker room and move on. Just because fans are yelling at you doesn't mean you gottarun over and slap dude upside his head...

If you're saying what I think you are, you're acting like people are trying to bring Memphis down and find every reason to dog them... But it'sjust not the case. Their own stupid mistakes get their names brought up in a negative light. People aren't fishing for excuses here.

According to ESPN, last night was Kelvin Sampson's last game. Sad...how you gonna cheat again after you just been caught? Bill Beli-who?

Back
Top Bottom