The College Basketball Post

VJ King is nice.

Justin Jackson too.

Seventh is a serious athlete.

I'm up and down on Thon Maker but he has a huge ceiling.

Sucks Giles got injured, easily the most talented player in his class.

Saw Thon Maker, wasn't super impressed, he's a young 7 footer so potential, but he's not playing with his national team either which is super dumb.

Giles I missed I hear good things about him.

Saw Seveth, athelte not a basketball player, not passing judgment yet but again, wait and see.

Justin Jackson is Canadian so I've seen him a ton, and if I'm being honest he's got that "permanent potential" feel. I have to start seeing major production from him next year, no more excuses.

Jamal Murray is better than him and will likely be a better college player.

I was up and down on maker as well, but he looks like he has the frame to put on some weight and be decent around the rim. Good athleticism, with solid defensive instincts and a soft touch.

I think the 2016 class is deeper than the 2013 one.

Plus my son Jashaun Agosto . Big contributer to a team that finished top 20 in the country.

Dedric Lawson will be really good, I saw him play this season. I've read good things about Jayson Tatum, I hope he considers UF.

Late but I just saw some footage from the Hoop Summit practices. Who is that kid from Ukraine? Son looks official.

Just need the Twins to follow suit :smokin ... Honestly, I wouldn't be mad if Dakari decleared for the draft at this point. I know he's not ready but that front court is going to be STACKED next season. If he does come back I think Lee is the odd man out of the rotation.

Last edited:
Cal had visits with Harry Giles yesterday,and Jason Tatum today..Hearing Kenny Payne has interest in replacing Tyndall at Southern Miss...Gahhh we hemorrhaging assistant coaches lol....I don't blame Payne though after getting into some trouble he lost his assistant coach title he was made "special assistant" to Cal and he had to take a pay cut....

UK's frontcourt next year is just ridiculous...

Tim Floyd looks like he's going to be the next coach at Missouri.

Wow, Tim Floyd and Mizzou seem like such a perfect match. Scumbaggery to the fullest.

The same guy who wouldn't release Issac Hamilton after signing leaves the year after. **** the NCAA :smh:

Wow, Tim Floyd and Mizzou seem like such a perfect match. Scumbaggery to the fullest.

The same guy who wouldn't release Issac Hamilton after signing leaves the year after. **** the NCAA
mean.gif
Majority of Mizzou fans don't like it...I'm like uhh go look at who Floyd got to Iowa State and USC...

Majority of Mizzou fans don't like it...I'm like uhh go look at who Floyd got to Iowa State and USC...
Uh, look at how he left USC is probably the better way to look at this. Can't understand how a high major with money to spend could seriously hire Floyd in 2014.

Towns stretch 5. :pimp:

Yea more outside shooting would be nice but you can't have everything. I would have tried to find a transfer who could fit that roll but I don't even know the scholly situation now.

All I know is Towns/Lyles/WCS/Poythress. :x

Every team is getting out rebounder and the rim is getting protected.

This upcoming Kentucky team will dissapoint y'all. Don't look at rankings. This is a team that will struggle. Much like the last 2 years.

I honestly think this kentucky team wasn't really that good. Just feel they got hot at the right time. No hate, just my perception.

Towns stretch 5. :pimp:

Yea more outside shooting would be nice but you can't have everything. I would have tried to find a transfer who could fit that roll but I don't even know the scholly situation now.

All I know is Towns/Lyles/WCS/Poythress. :x

Every team is getting out rebounder and the rim is getting protected.

Add Lyles in as a stretch 4 with a decent mid range game and it's all good :smokin

This upcoming Kentucky team will dissapoint y'all. Don't look at rankings. This is a team that will struggle. Much like the last 2 years.

I honestly think this kentucky team wasn't really that good. Just feel they got hot at the right time. No hate, just my perception.

Of course a team full of freshmen and lack of leadership at key positions gonna struggle. Once Cal tweeked Andrew's game and got him to buy into being a PG first, you saw the results.

Not that good this year? Look at the start of the season and look at the end. Isn't March Madness about getting hot at the right time? They beat an undefeated team, defending champ, last year's winner up, a top tier team in Wisconsin, and lost to another team who had an amazing run as well. A couple of free throws down the stretch fall for them and we're not even having this discussion. It's like UK has to go undefeated or the season was a disappointment to most.

If the twins come back next season along with the their incoming class plus WCS, AP, Lee, and DJ, I'm not sure how anyone can say this team will struggle.

Add Lyles in as a stretch 4 with a decent mid range game and it's all good :smokin
Of course a team full of freshmen and lack of leadership at key positions gonna struggle. Once Cal tweeked Andrew's game and got him to buy into being a PG first, you saw the results.

Not that good this year? Look at the start of the season and look at the end. Isn't March Madness about getting hot at the right time? They beat an undefeated team, defending champ, last year's winner up, a top tier team in Wisconsin, and lost to another team who had an amazing run as well. A couple of free throws down the stretch fall for them and we're not even having this discussion. It's like UK has to go undefeated or the season was a disappointment to most.

If the twins come back next season along with the their incoming class plus WCS, AP, Lee, and DJ, I'm not sure how anyone can say this team will struggle.

This is the truth. Folks trying to hold a bunch of freshmen to some unobtainable standard for the sold purpose of being able to say they underachieved.

There will be growing pains as players learn to adjust to the speed and strength of college players, learn how they can best contribute to the team and improve on advanced basketball skills.

26 wins is what I expect.

This is the truth. Folks trying to hold a bunch of freshmen to some unobtainable standard for the sold purpose of being able to say they underachieved.

There will be growing pains as players learn to adjust to the speed and strength of college players, learn how they can best contribute to the team and improve on advanced basketball skills.

26 wins is what I expect.

Everybody wants to see another AD-MKG type of team again. People forget Darius Miller was a senior and a glue guy on that team plus TJ and Lamb took their game to another level as sophomores. That team doesn't get enough credit for how special they were. They brought into the "team first" mentality day 1. That's rare, especially from a team full of 5 star recruits.

That 2012 UK team is one of the best ever in CBB, anybody reasonable doesnt expect another team like that for a long time.

Their two best players went #1 & 2 in the draft and one of them is already a superstar level talent.

Jones is contributing on a playoff team and Miller/Lamb/Teague still floating around the league.

That team just had too much talent, plus they really did let Cal coach the **** out of them, nobody really got that many shots, it was whoever had the mismatch.

Dakari bike.

Lets hope he figures out how to run without his knees knocking at the end of 4 years with Cal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom