The Chronic's impact on hip hop...

right, like I know hella singles from the album but the ALBUM itself? :lol: Nah....

Spotify! Stop trippin'! I wonder if it's on google play....

Spotify isn't getting it, forgot where I read it a while back. It's exclusive to some other service. Just get it from best buy. It's only ten bucks.

Spotify is so wack IMO.  Convenient sure but there's so many glaring omissions from their catalog.

The Chronic basically made the word ***** acceptable in rap, much to the dismay of C. Delores Tucker lol

I feel The Chronic 2001>The Chronic and im 27.. Song for song its just a better album.
I think people get caught up in the nostalgia or the paying homage steez when it come to thingz like this.. Dre improved as an artist, and producer in those 7 years he didn't fall off.. The production, the features, the entire concept of the album was a perfected/better version of The Chronic.

Still Dre :smokin :smokin
The Next Episode :smokin :smokin: :smokin :smokin

Last edited:
This album was...... is......... and will always be a must have if you love HIP HOP PERIOD

Doggystyle>2001>Chronic imo

But don't take me serious. I was born and raised in Los Angeles and for the most part aside from a couple albums I've hated West Coast rap.

The Chronic changed the way sampling was done.

Dre made everything sound so crisp too. :smh: Also, a lot of you dudes aren't old enough to be aware of the racial tension that was about to spark off a national race war and martial law. This album is basically a live from ground zero report of that very tense time. Dudes were living right in the thick of it and recording the album as the riots were popping off and you can feel the tension in the music.

This album is more than music, it's a time capsule.

There was an EXCELLENT documentary done on this a couple of years ago. I'll try to find it.

EDIT 1: Still trying to find the documentary, but in the meantime, peep this article that agrees with what I'm saying...

EDIT 2: Billboard Magazine's 20 year later review.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/r...e-chronic-at-20-classic-track-by-track-review

Last edited:
^ good looking Brolic

pimp.gif

repped

Last edited:
Doggystyle>2001>Chronic imo

But don't take me serious. I was born and raised in Los Angeles and for the most part aside from a couple albums I've hated West Coast rap.

Damn. Born and raised in Houston, but I was basically raised on West Coast music. Remember riding in the back seat in my dad's Maxima listening to the Chronic on cassette. Love west coast ****. Especially Eiht, CMW, and Dre.

The Chronic changed the way sampling was done.

Dre made everything sound so crisp too. :smh: Also, a lot of you dudes aren't old enough to be aware of the racial tension that was about to spark off a national race war and martial law. This album is basically a live from ground zero report of that very tense time. Dudes were living right in the thick of it and recording the album as the riots were popping off and you can feel the tension in the music.

This album is more than music, it's a time capsule.

There was an EXCELLENT documentary done on this a couple of years ago. I'll try to find it.

EDIT 1: Still trying to find the documentary, but in the meantime, peep this article that agrees with what I'm saying...

EDIT 2: Billboard Magazine's 20 year later review.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/r...e-chronic-at-20-classic-track-by-track-review

Repped. Please don't forget to post that doc too.

I've watched that documentary so many times, def a good watch, check it out if you haven't

Last edited:
Saying 2001>Chronic is like saying Stillmatic>Illmatic. Yeah the beats might sound better and hit harder right now. Early-Mid 90's beats sound outdated, but they're classics and will go down in history as game changing music. Like a previous poster said, if you weren't at least a teenager when they dropped, you can't really appreciate

Damn. Born and raised in Houston, but I was basically raised on West Coast music. Remember riding in the back seat in my dad's Maxima listening to the Chronic on cassette. Love west coast ****. Especially Eiht, CMW, and Dre.

I just never got into like that. I've always been a fan of either East Coast, Midwest, or Down South music just never the west.

The artists I liked from the West had their own sound or blueprint like their music didn't have that stereotypical West Coast Sound. I guess thats why I loved Pac so much.

Back
Top Bottom