The (Bootleg) Jordan 1 Wars

Please excuse the dusty *** bag but they’ve been in the attic section for years.

A1B9FF54-3CFE-41FE-9CC3-4EEE9626C6F4.jpeg
BFA5EDA5-E6CD-4FE2-8BBD-26A3FB05A07B.jpeg
276D6F52-738C-44D4-A4EA-5DAA70C1BEA7.jpeg
A742F552-D5BE-4CD0-AF52-B8D035083320.jpeg
DCB9C3BD-93E3-4423-87A8-1DE22BF7401C.jpeg
C473C55E-3D09-4DFB-B5D4-168CDB8F3E88.jpeg

They need to bring that Nike box design on the top back

They need to bring that Nike box design on the top back

I thought they already had with the return of those old school Cortez retros that had alternate Nike logos before they settled on the swoosh. I’ll say this though, the old boxes are kinda too small and really fragile.

there are so many IG brands that resell chinese clothing and accessories at a huge markup.

"Cold Laundry" is the biggest offender,
50 dollar Taobao and korean jackets for 180 euros. :lol:

its a good hustle, if you can get it.... so many people just buy stuff off instagram ads,
if you get a good photographer, some nice looking models, and good art direction you can pass off cheap korean fashions as luxury

my thing is, yea KIY has some cool colors but how can you pay $275. You can get actual Jordan’s for that on goat and stock X

there are so many IG brands that resell chinese clothing and accessories at a huge markup.

"Cold Laundry" is the biggest offender,
50 dollar Taobao and korean jackets for 180 euros. :lol:

its a good hustle, if you can get it.... so many people just buy stuff off instagram ads,
if you get a good photographer, some nice looking models, and good art direction you can pass off cheap korean fashions as luxury
Not gonna lie my mom used to buy knockoff bags from ladies then she got wise and started selling her own. It’s so easy but people are just lazy/don’t know

Yea, def. I'm in that camp that "real" Jordans started with the 3.

Jordan 1 just looked like too many of the Nikes of the time, the only thing that made it stand out was the color blocking.
Honestly, Air Jordans happened to copy or resemble some feature from other Nike models during that era.

Jordan 3 midsole and Air Revolution midsole
Jordan 4 midsole and flight 89 midsole
Jordan 5 midsole and Air trainer sc II midsole
Jordan 7 and Air Huarache
Jordan 8 and Air raids

Edit

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, Air Jordans happened to copy or resemble some feature from other Nike models during that era.

Jordan 5 midsole and Air trainer sc midsole
Jordan 8 and Air raids
But they didn't look anything like any of these shoes. They stood out and always looked like the most futuristic shoe on the market.

I'd have to look at all of the release and design dates for these shoes. Tinker designed all of them, I think. I would think that he designed the Jordan before most of them because it was more important.

The Air Jordan 6 pretty much had a Huarache-type bootie too, it often goes overlooked.

Jordan 8 and Air raids

Edit
Jordan 9 with the Barkley’s

it was the jordan 10 that started to be completely unique from all other shoes

I disagree.

I've always thought that AJ1s should be Jordan brand's version of the chuck taylor or the AF1.

It's a classic, it's easy to wear, and they should drop it everywhere, at all times, and in every color.
I agree with this but I also agree that it’s played out right now. It’s white vans were back in 2006 or whatever that year was. Everyone has a pair on

Wonder if any of these knockoffs have glitter issues. Maybe that's an authentic 1 feature 🤷‍♂️

I really wish they'd mass produce the hell out of 1s. That'd kill all the hypebeast and resellers real quick. Imagine being able to walk in to a store and buy a pair of Chicago or Bred 1s whenever you needed a new pair.

This review

the cheap quality of the insole at 12:25 and the squeezing of the outsole at 13:00 💀💀

What kind of hype beasts are buying these?

totally different then Collegium etc who actually have a high quality shoe - inspiration vs a blatant copy - and a terribly made copy at that.

Jordan 8 and Air raids

Edit
Did some looking, I can't find any trainers with a Jordan 5 midsole.

But they do have some take-down flights that look like the AJ 5.

rhude bit better. was gonna buy them b4 ng's were confirmed:
1624455983278.png

1624456045097.png

Wouldn’t it be cheaper to get the actual shoes Rhude was trying to copy? The Nike “Big Nike” model isn’t that expensive. I remember the white/grey and white/red colorway hitting Marshalls/ROSS/Burlington for $39.99 a few years back.

Back
Top Bottom