The Bicycle Thread

wish i had a road bike, rode my friends Fuji bike... never wanted one sooo bad before! :frown:
i've done 70 miles on my Specialized Crosstrail Hybrid but I can see my self ZOOMING on that Fuji

Just something light. Got back into it after seeing some kids GoPro thru the streets of NY. I was inspired. So in LA or where ever I bring this guy

The Roubaix SL4 is a really solid deal. I see that they retailed at 3000-3300. Got some good reviews, stacking up pretty high against comparable endurance road bikes. Slam that stem and make that thing yours!

Maybe I'm a little biased, but skip the CAAD, keep looking for a EVO hi-mod. (I've previously owned a CAAD9 btw).

My latest set-up. SuperSix EVO Hi-Mod Durace with Zipp 303s, Giant SLR integrated stem/handlebars.

Here's my Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/549840
Did you just paint a swoosh on to those Giro Empire shoes? Looks really slick, although personally I wouldn't want the Giro logo on there at the same time. I was thinking about getting a pair of those but want to get some other things first, specifically a carbon wheelset.

The swoosh is just a simple vinyl sticker. Does the trick for $4 since we won't be seeing any Nike cycling shoes anytime soon. The Giro logo is there, but subtle enough in the reflective silver colorway IMO.

The swoosh is just a simple vinyl sticker. Does the trick for $4 since we won't be seeing any Nike cycling shoes anytime soon. The Giro logo is there, but subtle enough in the reflective silver colorway IMO.

http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/2191486/width/200/height/400[IMG][/quote]

Man, I wish Nike made cycling gear so bad. :{ . They did back in the Lance days, but Lance :{ . Just ain't profitable enough for Nike.

Adidas makes some good cycling gear though.

I mean Nascar is more popular than Biking. So is Golf. But cycling is actually one of those sports that anyone, at any age, in almost any condition can actually get into and stay in! You can go watch a race and touch a rider during a pass by. So damn cool. That's why I love it. You see riders at 55 years old on teams killing it. Awesome stuff.

Last edited:
Recently started riding the Langster again (in Oregon now) and lol gravel/rocks are gonna get me killed. The max tire width I think is 25c on the Langster, barely. Will there be a difference from 23c to 25c? Or will I be forced to go something that allows wider tires for comfort/safety?

I don't recall feeling a difference going from 23 to 25, but when I upgraded my ride and was forced to go back to 23 because of frame clearance, I definitely felt the decrease in comfort and cornering. Now 28 is the new 25 and I'm envious.

I definitely felt a difference on 25s. I'm considering 28s though - wouldn't get them on this bike but I'm about to commission something new for a special birthday coming up and I'm thinking about making sure there's space for 28s.

Did the west side hgwy for the first time like 2 weeks ago. A little bumpy at times but overall great trial

Bought this Leader 725TR last year, Powder coated it white and ghosted the Leader decal

Kept the Aerospoke that came with it even though its basically heavy and useless lol it is aesthetically pleasing to look at

Everything else I added along the way that I found a deal on..aero carbon seat post, leader I806 carbon fork, Fizik Arione saddle, Aventon LA30 wheels

Figure I'll start upgrading the crank set and a better front wheel set eventually.

Bought this Leader 725TR last year, Powder coated it white and ghosted the Leader decal

Kept the Aerospoke that came with it even though its basically heavy and useless lol it is aesthetically pleasing to look at

Everything else I added along the way that I found a deal on..aero carbon seat post, leader I806 carbon fork, Fizik Arione saddle, Aventon LA30 wheels

Figure I'll start upgrading the crank set and a better front wheel set eventually.
Nice bike. I always wanted this frame...But when I started getting back in riding bikes, I got lazy. 
mean.gif

I want to ride my bike to work, but I figured, why if there's a shuttle that drops me off for free lol.

I think I'm going to start saving up for a new bike. Def gonna up my budget.

Last edited:

Nice bike. I always wanted this frame...But when I started getting back in riding bikes, I got lazy. 
mean.gif

I want to ride my bike to work, but I figured, why if there's a shuttle that drops me off for free lol.
725TRs arent crazy expensive for just the frame. Cenelli's Mash/ Biachi Super Pista's go for way more. The Leader site now has a built 735 with carbon aero seat post and fork for a bit over $500. just gotta get everything else (wheel set, saddle, handle bars etc..) 

Ride to work though on the nice days, its a change of pace from the usual commute lol

725TRs arent crazy expensive for just the frame. Cenelli's Mash/ Biachi Super Pista's go for way more. The Leader site now has a built 735 with carbon aero seat post and fork for a bit over $500. just gotta get everything else (wheel set, saddle, handle bars etc..) 

Ride to work though on the nice days, its a change of pace from the usual commute lol
That's not too bad. I'll have to look into. I just need to make sure that my next bike purchase/build is something I'll truly be happy with and that I stay within budget. lol

That's not too bad. I'll have to look into. I just need to make sure that my next bike purchase/build is something I'll truly be happy with and that I stay within budget. lol
and thats the toughest part, stick to your budget because there always something lighter, stronger etc... it can get out of hand. Part of the reason I only added the parts i got a good deal on that i couldnt pass. Seat post was 40, fork 85, saddle 60

I went with the 06' DMP color way, figure it would look clean like a tux haha 

and thats the toughest part, stick to your budget because there always something lighter, stronger etc... it can get out of hand. Part of the reason I only added the parts i got a good deal on that i couldnt pass. Seat post was 40, fork 85, saddle 60

I went with the 06' DMP color way, figure it would look clean like a tux haha 
lol do you have any suggestions on where I should start looking for frames or even completes? 

Back
Top Bottom