The Bicycle Thread

I am saving up to get one built at Valencia Cyclery. Two of my cousins got theirs done there -- around 1400 and 1900 respectively. They look like fixies but apparently they have something called an internal hub. Does anyone have more insight on these types of bikes or have any experience getting a bike custom made?.  I live in SF so any other cycleries worthy of mention? BTW those LOW frames are really nice.

internal hub just means that the gears are hidden inside the hub.

there are tons of great bike shops in the city. Valencia is a good one, box dog bikes is also a great shop.

I've put together all the bikes I've had in the last 6 or so years. I personally like collecting quality parts and putting it together myself.

if you have any questions or anything feel free to shoot me a pm

Anyone ever spray paint a frame without taking off the fork and cranks? My cousins is trying to put painters tape and bags over them.

I've seen people do it. It never comes out that great. Why not just take it apart, it's not that hard.

My two babies. Specialized Tarmac & Bianchi Pista

He doesn't have a crank puller. I told him to just take it to a shop but they said $150-$220 :smh:

Anyway, what's a bike shop that will do a nice matte black job for a 59cm road bike just the frame not the fork?

I kinda chipped the hell out of his frame so I owe him haha

you can get a crank puller for like $15-20

where are you located? paint jobs are never really cheap

Anyway, what's a bike shop that will do a nice matte black job for a 59cm road bike just the frame not the fork?

I kinda chipped the hell out of his frame so I owe him haha

Take it to a car body shop. I used to do it when I bought and sold frames. I would buy the paint and let them sand it, prime it and paint it.

I was rocking with these two bikes last summer. First was this Road Bike, got tired of it fast so I'm currently selling it at the moment

Then I wanted to ride fixed & I ended up finding a old frame near my house. I put some parts on it but I stop riding it because its too big

I'm now getting a smaller frame so I can start riding this summer

I was rocking with these two bikes last summer. First was this Road Bike, got tired of it fast so I'm currently selling it at the moment

Then I wanted to ride fixed & I ended up finding a old frame near my house. I put some parts on it but I stop riding it because its too big

I'm now getting a smaller frame so I can start riding this summer

too dope

^ don't take this the wrong way, but take that chain guard off :lol:

your best bet for both is probably Craigslist. Although, if you've never had an aerospoke, those things are heavy as F**k and not worth the money imo.

Last edited:
^When folks were getting me into mountain biking, they would always recommend getting a Kona as they are super solid and on the more affordable side. I couldn't rock with a bike called "Stinky" so I opted for a specialized. :lol:

Check out MTBR.com. They got good reviews on damn near every bike and component to come out in the last decade.

Last edited:
so what's some light good rims

If you're looking for something that looks good at a decent price just get some velocity deep Vs. get the front laced radially and it'll look clean.

I was thinking of buying a Bianchi Pista Via Brera? Anyone have any insight? Or should I just look for a used Pista instead? Just would like a bike to ride around with friends in.

I was thinking of buying a Bianchi Pista Via Brera? Anyone have any insight? Or should I just look for a used Pista instead? Just would like a bike to ride around with friends in.

bianchi pista is a great starter bike man. Nothing wrong with goin used if its just a single speed. you can get one for under 300 easy. Also I don't know where you're from but if you live in a bike heavy place its not a bad idea to find a super beat older bike at a garage sale and just scrap everything but the frame. buy the parts you want at the local bike shop, doesn't get too spendy for a single speed. just my 2 cents

Back
Top Bottom