The Army Reserves

ive actually been talkin to my boy about going in. i have a 5 year old son and id be doing PT (10 weeks) and MP (12 weeks) training. I have him all the time, mom has him on the weekends.she not good people for him to be around. but ive been wanting to be a cop (swat) for the longest but in the bay theyve been laying people off for the last 4 years. its been real ugly. So this may be the route im taking.

Originally Posted by RLAK824

Originally Posted by arhymingape12

Like he said, once you get trained, you are hyped to go overseas. I'm in the National Guard, and I've had a wonderful experience. I've already been to Japan and Thailand fun as $!*@. And yes, you do get PAID

I don't know much about the national guard but is it similar to the army reserve ?

only thing different is National Guard serves for the State....and the Reserves are pretty much back-ups for Active Duty.....but from what i'm hearing National Guard and Reserves get deployed more than Active.

But thats what I hear

Originally Posted by RLAK824

Originally Posted by arhymingape12

Like he said, once you get trained, you are hyped to go overseas. I'm in the National Guard, and I've had a wonderful experience. I've already been to Japan and Thailand fun as $!*@. And yes, you do get PAID

I don't know much about the national guard but is it similar to the army reserve ?

only thing different is National Guard serves for the State....and the Reserves are pretty much back-ups for Active Duty.....but from what i'm hearing National Guard and Reserves get deployed more than Active.

But thats what I hear

Your risk of being shipped off increases when you enlist, compared to not being enlisted thats for sure.

Your risk of being shipped off increases when you enlist, compared to not being enlisted thats for sure.

You are enlisting in the reserves while the country is at war....... you do the math son.

You are enlisting in the reserves while the country is at war....... you do the math son.

If you are nervous about getting enlisted I don't think you should go do it. My friends have told me all the stories about how he knew a dude that got post traumatic stress.

If you are nervous about getting enlisted I don't think you should go do it. My friends have told me all the stories about how he knew a dude that got post traumatic stress.

Back
Top Bottom