The ankle padding, or lack thereof, in the 2011 Retro III and fit.

balloonoboy

Banned
I know I wasn't the only one taken aback but how greatly the overall fit of the 2011 IIIs was drastically different from that of the 2001 and CDP IIIs. Don't get me wrong, the comfort and cushioning are still there, but we fell in love with the whole shoe and that fit is so synonomous with the footprint of the shoe. I honestly have no idea with JB decided to skimp on the ankle padding from the recent iterations of the IIIs. It would have made everything so much more real and...nostalgic.

Unfortunately, we all know that nostalgia and JB no longer go hand-in-hand, save for the XI. But with the III being arguably the greatest shoe of all time, the least they could do was properly pad the ankle.

I can't be the only one that feels this way. Maybe I shouldn't let me feelings and emotions get to me when referring to a shoe. But it's so much more than that. So much more.

I know I wasn't the only one taken aback but how greatly the overall fit of the 2011 IIIs was drastically different from that of the 2001 and CDP IIIs. Don't get me wrong, the comfort and cushioning are still there, but we fell in love with the whole shoe and that fit is so synonomous with the footprint of the shoe. I honestly have no idea with JB decided to skimp on the ankle padding from the recent iterations of the IIIs. It would have made everything so much more real and...nostalgic.

Unfortunately, we all know that nostalgia and JB no longer go hand-in-hand, save for the XI. But with the III being arguably the greatest shoe of all time, the least they could do was properly pad the ankle.

I can't be the only one that feels this way. Maybe I shouldn't let me feelings and emotions get to me when referring to a shoe. But it's so much more than that. So much more.

Ive allready damn near worn mine down just tryin to rock em a bit more thannormal-cant wait to cop those low quality black/cements

Ive allready damn near worn mine down just tryin to rock em a bit more thannormal-cant wait to cop those low quality black/cements

The 09 true blues felt more comfortable than the 11's. for me at least

Not the 3's but i have the 04 black and red 13's and the 2011 playoff 13's and the fit and padding is completely different.  My black and reds are a size 12 and fit good.  The playoffs are a size 11.5 and fit a little big and you can tell the difference when you put each one on.  its like they completely removed any extra material on the shoe and its just leather and a sole. 

Not the 3's but i have the 04 black and red 13's and the 2011 playoff 13's and the fit and padding is completely different.  My black and reds are a size 12 and fit good.  The playoffs are a size 11.5 and fit a little big and you can tell the difference when you put each one on.  its like they completely removed any extra material on the shoe and its just leather and a sole. 

Originally Posted by j4ck

The 09's are more comfortable and less prone to creasing.  I don't understand the drastic change in quality in such a short amount of time.  

Originally Posted by j4ck

The 09's are more comfortable and less prone to creasing.  I don't understand the drastic change in quality in such a short amount of time.  

Originally Posted by JJ Jumpman 23

profit over customer satisfaction.

He just said what everything that JB thinks
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

my bred 13s feel like they got a whole damn pillow shoved in there for padding i mean those are perfect from 04 this new crap in the 13s is nothing these are 2 completely diffrent shoes and that is the reason i hate JB og jordans i dont hate and i dont hate jordan for doing it either he put out quality yall should go hunt for it if not by the recent crap and line my mans pockets hhaa ill just search for the quality

my bred 13s feel like they got a whole damn pillow shoved in there for padding i mean those are perfect from 04 this new crap in the 13s is nothing these are 2 completely diffrent shoes and that is the reason i hate JB og jordans i dont hate and i dont hate jordan for doing it either he put out quality yall should go hunt for it if not by the recent crap and line my mans pockets hhaa ill just search for the quality

Back
Top Bottom