The age old question: Real Sneakers vs. Fake Sneakers

so authentic

Banned
Just got through watching some vids on these. Here's a good example:

I understand the view from a collectors standpoint that they want the real thing, but when dudes start acting like people who wear fakes around here are like less of a person than the next man.
smh.gif
  its a damn pair of shoes.

Discuss.

i understand fakes for people who cant afford the real ones or have too many pairs of shoes to buy to afford the real ones....but its the dudes who have the money & go buy fakes & stunt like they the new hotness or some *++.....like i had on my mars iv & while over a cousins house he says i got those too & he pulled out some bootleg green,blk/yellow iv smh x100000000

like i said if you got 5 pairs to buy before your self & mouths to feed on a small budget then 2 for $50 is the best option but not if you have no kids, no bills, no real worries but you think your "fresh" with you "gucci" bookbag, & some dark green & red III's like where they do that.... & its always the ones with the fakes that have the nerve to say to me ....."you aint got these yet".... & i reply yeh i know, i dont shop at the gas station for anything past gas & chips fool

I dont agree wit the "I buy fakes cuz i cant afford the real ones" B.S. Fakes still cost money at the end of the day. The 50-80 dollars u spent on those fakes coulda went to some converse, vans, shell heads or whatever and u would still be wearing real shoes. I dont care about it as much as i did when i was younger cuz its not my feet. Now i just look, smh and keep it moving.

L7OSER wrote:

I dont agree wit the "I buy fakes cuz i cant afford the real ones" B.S. Fakes still cost money at the end of
the day. I dont care about it as much as i did when i was
younger cuz its not my feet. Now i just look, smh and keep it moving.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

I'd prolly smash

but I wouldnt tell anybody

pssh, if i exchange more then "hi and bye" words with you and you roll up on me in some fake jordans imma let u know about

it....politely.

Who cares? How does it affect you what OTHER people are wearing? Go police Canal Street then. From Jordans, to Gucci, to rhinestones, as long as you live on this planet, people will be wearing something that looks like something else.

Stop being a snob.

It's not really the shoes that bother me, its the people wearing them acting like they're "sneaker heads", posting pics, and they have nothing but fakes.
But the older i get it bothers me less. Unless youre fronting, then I'll tell you why you suck at life.

Originally Posted by moundraised23

L7OSER wrote:

I dont agree wit the "I buy fakes cuz i cant afford the real ones" B.S. Fakes still cost money at the end of
the day. I dont care about it as much as i did when i was
younger cuz its not my feet. Now i just look, smh and keep it moving.
This. 
What I don't like is the people who buy fakes and try to floss like they're legit.

Originally Posted by L7OSER

I dont agree wit the "I buy fakes cuz i cant afford the real ones" B.S. Fakes still cost money at the end of the day. The 50-80 dollars u spent on those fakes coulda went to some converse, vans, shell heads or whatever and u would still be wearing real shoes. I dont care about it as much as i did when i was younger cuz its not my feet. Now i just look, smh and keep it moving.

seriously, you can cop some jordans from ebay or nordstrom rack for the same price as fakes. Some people just try too hard to get something exclusive, even if they cant afford it

I don't care

But DO NOT front like you got a legit pair, make an %$! out of yourself when we all know your #!%+ aint real

she wants more youtube hits.. smh @ me for even contributing by watching the video when she didn't make ANY solid points.

i mind fakes because there's no need to be supporting such an industry, that includes sneakers & handbags. if you can't afford it, then why not purchase something that's a little more within your budget? @ the end of the day, most of them don't particularly care about what others may think so wtfrenchtoast

As I've gotten older I've realized to just don't worry about the next person. Some people can't afford the real thing.

BUT..

There are also those out there that just don't know any better..and I wouldn't tell them unless THEY engaged a conversation about kicks first.

I really don't give a damn if someone chooses to wear variants (
laugh.gif
that word cracks me up for some reason).
I'M not wearing them and I'M certainly not spending my money on them soooo.........

not all nikes/jordans are $150+ there are alot that dont even break $100. Fakes can cost anywhere from 60-100? why settle on fakes when you can afford the legit stuff?

I don't worry about what the next person is or isn't wearing, but if your wearing something at least let it be real/authentic.  For me, I don't like FRAUDS, so if your rocking something that fraudulent/fake, in essence that make you a FRAUD.  If you want Jordan, Gucci, LV, or something along those lines at least save up and pay for the REAL thing.  No need to walk around perpetrating.

let's be real, I can understand people wearing fake jordans under some circumstances but i still don't see the point in it. I just get a nice
laugh.gif
when i see people wearing them and move on. Wearing fake gucci louis higher end stuff is ridiculous because let's be honest wearing things like gucci is a status symbol it's not like they look aesthetically nicer then any other clothing it's all about the logo so wearing fake gucci your trying to fake people that your doin it big when your not. shrug

i always thought most people who bought fakes, mainly got them to match some other piece of clothing(because they make every model in wild color combos) or were just ignorant about the sneaker market.  and it's mostly jordans and AF1's that i see being copied.

many people who wear sneakers don't take the time to research them.  not everyone is a sneaker nerd like most of us(NTers).  and i use the word "nerd" in the most positive way.

nerd- meaning anyone who has above average knowledge on any particular topic. 

in recent years, the quality of fakes has gone up and the quality of authentics, (Nike especially) has gone down.  they are now both made with equally crappy materials.  Nike cares
more about profits; not it's workers, customers or even their shoes. 

if the quality of nike's was up to par with their retail prices than people who make fakes would be forced to up their game or retire.

protest Nike, not people who wear fakes.

its funny when I see dudes hooping in fakes i just sit back and wait for the sole to pop off while attempting a crossover

Back
Top Bottom