The 25 Biggest First-Week Album Sales in Music History

^ they didn't start doing soundscan actual numbers until the early or mid 90s I think

^ Fam, your JT love teeters on scary.  

There wasn't any "best" from both those groups--all that **** was garbage.  Not even trying to be funny, but did dudes really listen to those groups back then?  If so, did you get clowned, or was it more of an in-the-closet, guilty pleasure thing?  

I guess I'm old or something b/c I just can't call it.  

There wasn't any "best" from both those groups--all that **** was garbage.  Not even trying to be funny, but did dudes really listen to those groups back then?  If so, did you get clowned, or was it more of an in-the-closet, guilty pleasure thing?  

I was chimning in on the thread if you haven't noticed from people discussing the same thing I don't see you going at them

The stuff was all over the radio and TRL, I didn't own Nsync or BSB albums but if you were in middle/high school it was a phenomenon

Not sure what your agenda is by your statements but it seems pretty insecure

JT and NSYNC are totally different, he grew in a legit pop/R&B star

Pretty sure dudes listening to Sade would "get clowned"

Surprised there's only one Em album on there

The Enimem Show should technically have an asterisk next to it

Vendors started selling early which prompted like 285k to count as his first week but the following week on official release it sold like 1.3 million copies

So that album would have pushed about 1.6 million in reality

Last edited:
GRODT came out on a Friday right.... so he sold that in a short week, as opposed to people who get a full week and drop on Tuesday :x

N'Sync :smokin

I still jam Girlfriend, bye bye bye, gone, etc...

No strings attached release was cray :smh:

Had no idea that new JT sold nearly a mil first week, that boy cold :x

alot of these arent great albums , goes to show

that hype >>>

norah jones though
pimp.gif

come away with me probably my all time favorite album

i hate the wave of copy cats that came after her though

i think feels like home only did 1 million first week because

of come away with me cleaning up at the grammy's

come away with me went diamond too i believe
Ms. Jones has an awesome voice and definitely doesn't seem to be concerned with numbers.

BTW i listen to the old BSB til this day.

its not ayo, i just like the meaning of some of the songs. people know i listen to it and no one says crap :lol:

Back
Top Bottom