The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
waiting to see these wizards 
pimp.gif

Joke right?
You act like that's an atrocious thing to say ...

MJ at 38 / 39 years old in the 2002 season prior to his knee injury was putting up 25 / 6 / 5.  His FG% suffered because without his legs at that age, back to backs it's hard to sustain the energy for jumpers.  But I mean he was doing all this purely on savy, intelligence, skill, footwork, and craftiness.  Against guy's half his age.  

The next season at 40 years old, bad knees, limited minutes he put up 20/5/5 type numbers.  It decreased his career averages, but that's impressive in context.  Kobe looks great here in spurts, in scrimmages, etc.  But we don't know how he'll hold up with 2 games in 3 nights, back to backs, for a full 82 game season grind.

He's 36, which is 2.5 years younger than Wizards Jordan.  So he might fare a little bit better.  But I don't think it's ridiculous to make the comparison that post achilles / knee injury Kobe is more akin to "Floor Jordan" as he was in Washington.

Last edited:
Kobe is playing like Wizards era Jordan. Over under 41% shooting from the field this year?
He'll be well above 41%

43% at least

He's going to still force it a ton and take his team completely out of rhythm but he has never shot below 41%

The Lakers man, too bad they don't play in the east. They would compete for a spot out there

@AlphaAF I saved quoting or reading your explanation for now, It is atrocious to say.
Also forgot to mention, pace was slower in the late 90's and early 2000s.  There wasn't the freedom of movement act by the rule book to allow perimeter players easier paths to the basket, and more foul calls to pad stats as we've seen since the 2006 season.  

Defensive Ratings in the late 90s, and early 2000s reached record lows.  As did FG% as a result.  Kobe might shoot a marginal better percentage now than MJ did at 3 years older, in a more physical, slower paced league.  But given context, current Kobe is very much comparable to Wizards Floor Jordan.  

MJ also wasn't flying to Germany for "experimental plasma" surgeries to help his knees either.  Cough A-Rod Cough.  Context matters.  It's not blasphemous to make this comparison between the two.  Both former extroidinary athletes, with versatile offensive games, relying near exclusively on footwork, and skill.

Plus we all know Kobe's not competing for rings anymore, he's only playing to gun to pass MJ on the all-time scoring list, and maybe eventually over Kareem.  His FG% will not be his usual 45% fair.

Last edited:
I am convinced that NBA players are just constantly trolling.

The outfits these dudes wear... the trolling is just too obvious.

Bron and his hair is as well. Like dude what the **** :lol:

Jordan Hill on that LeBron diet. Dude got skinny as hell :lol:

I swear on Media Day they asked him what he did differently this summer and I kid you not, he said "I didh a loth of thangs differant, I stopped takin' drugs and I stopped drankin alcohol" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:

A South Beach bling king from Ohio might be partly to blame for the Heatles break up, and for not only LeBron James going back to Cleveland, but also Mike Miller and James Jones joining the Cavaliers as well.

Haider Zafar of Ohio, who allegedly conned Miller, Jones and Rashard Lewis out of millions in 2013, is expected to plead guilty to multiple wire fraud charges, according to court documents filed on Wednesday in Columbus, Ohio. The Heat amnestied Miller in 2013, but not before a Heat employee introduced Miller, Jones and Lewis to Zafar, who then swindled them to the tune of $7.5 million, according to a grand jury indictment.

So what does this have to do with LeBron going back to Cleveland? Well, let's just say the whole mess didn't help Miami's chances of keeping last year's team together.

It's well known at this point that the Heat angered LeBron by amnestying Miller not long after Miller helped the Heat repeat as NBA champions in 2013. Miller said earlier this week in Cleveland that LeBron thought the move "was an unnecessary change." That's Miller being nice, of course. Really what probably made LeBron most angry is that the Heat amnestied one of his best friends to save money and then squabbled with Miller over money a South Beach bling king stole from Miller and then, in an odd twist, gave to the Heat.

It's a bizarre tale, and one that certainly infuriates Miller, Jones and Lewis. It's probably not a coincidence then that all three of those players no longer play for the Heat.

The alleged con man, Zafar, posed as a successful businessman in 2013, and promised to invest money for the three former Heat players. Instead, he took the money and purchased a package of floor seats to Heat games for $1 million. In Miami, the term "South Beach bling king" is used to describe what everyone else in the country would simply call "the biggest d-bag imaginable on Planet Earth." Bling kings rent Ferraris and Lamborghinis, throw money around nightclubs, text on 95, drink Moet Chandon, race boats through manatee zones, and, when the Heat was going to The Finals every year, all the bling kings tried to be seen courtside at AmericanAirlines Arena.

Well, apparently at least one former Heat executive couldn't resist all that damn charm.

Stephen Weber, who used to be the Heat's executive vice president of sales, was just a smitten kitten for Zafar and his liberal consumption of Moet Chandon out of plastic flutes at Heat games. And what sales executive wouldn't love that guy? Guys who blow large sums of cash are good for business, right?

So, Zafar wanted to meet some Heat players and pull the ol' Nigerian prince bit. Weber set up the meetings between Zafar and Heat players, and apparently vouched for Zafar as well. According to Miller's attorney at the time, Weber told Miller that Zafar "was the real deal."

Of course, when lawyers get involved, stuff gets ugly. Long after Miller, Jones and Lewis figured out the game, Miller's attorney leaked news that Miller was thinking about suing the Heat. Zafar used $700,000 of Miller's money to buy the tickets and Miller wanted the Heat to give the money back. When the Heat and Miller couldn't agree on a settlement, tensions frayed even further.

LeBron, of course, knew about all of this last season.

http://blogs.herald.com/miami_heat/...-lebron-james-era-in-miami.html#storylink=cpy
LOL. I love this.

It's fitting that some douchebag fraud *** clown Miami Heat fan planted the seeds for the team's eventual demise. And of course it came from him trying to stunt with floor seats and most likely leaving early in the 4th Q.

No country for you ******.
Tommy is a national treasure.
pimp.gif

Yea the one from media day, caught me off guard too :lol:

Where's that pic of the entire clippers roster having a session in Amsterdam :nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom