The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
D Jordan could be so much better than he is. Underachiever in my book. Still a really good player tho. Top 5 dunker meh.

I think he's on the right trajectory and is good at what he does. Next step is becoming an elite 1 on 1 post defender, and shooting 50% from the line.

He maxes out his potential doing that.

I think he's on the right trajectory and is good at what he does. Next step is becoming an elite 1 on 1 post defender, and shooting 50% from the line.

He maxes out his potential doing that.
His max potential in my opinion is through the roof. He could dominate the game as Shaq did if he could just get some kind of offensive game besides a dunk. Shaq had the jump hook. And killed people with it. Shaq had spin moves. D Jordan just needs to work on FT shooting tho and his offensive moves, and better defending. Shaq and Wilt were both 50% FT shooters. D Jordan has all the goods to be the best Center in the league. Just not the all around game yet.

Last edited:
jordan will never dominate the game or be the best center in basketball. he's basically at his ceiling. could become more refined offensively, but he's never gonna get buckets like boogie or dwert. he's a defensive big that is decent enough on offense to not be a liability—aside from his foul shooting.

Marc Gasol should not be a better player than DJ is. But he is.

Everyone just isn't born with touch man. Defensive and rebounding players have existed forever. That's like saying Dennis Rodman would have been the greatest wing ever if he'd worked on his jumper and handle. Strengths and Weakneses. Everyone has them. Shaq truly wasn't even as good as he should have been due to him being lazy. Crazy as that sounds.

Marc Gasol is a 7'1 Center that busted his a** to get in shape. He's not exactly starting from nowhere.

:wow: :wow:

Gasol's offensive skills been light years ahead of DJ though .. DJ just became a legit factor on the court 2 years ago, his first 4-5 years were meh at best.
And DJ has superior athletic ability to Marc. And why hasn't DJ been learned how to do anything besides dunk? Is it because he's not physically capable or something?

Everyone just isn't born with touch man. Defensive and rebounding players have existed forever. That's like saying Dennis Rodman would have been the greatest wing ever if he'd worked on his jumper and handle. Strengths and Weakneses. Everyone has them. Shaq truly wasn't even as good as he should have been due to him being lazy. Crazy as that sounds.

Marc Gasol is a 7'1 Center that busted his a** to get in shape. He's not exactly starting from nowhere.
Or could that just be endurance where Shaq comes up short. Dunno if I'd call that lazy. Endurance is a skill. That's what Phil Jackson said was the biggest difference between Wilt and Shaq was that Wilt never got tired.

:wow: :wow:

Gasol's offensive skills been light years ahead of DJ though .. DJ just became a legit factor on the court 2 years ago, his first 4-5 years were meh at best.
And DJ has superior athletic ability to Marc. And why hasn't DJ been learned how to do anything besides dunk? Is it because he's not physically capable or something?

:lol: he just really started consistently dunking too .. do you remember him at A&M and his early years with the Clips? Dude was on that Kendrick Perkins path :x ... He may be able too develop a post move eventually but I wouldn't count on it.

It's almost similar to how we think Dwight can be much more of a factor on the offensive end, but at this point, he is who he is.

bosh 
mean.gif

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo  
Jason Richardson is only player left on 76ers since Sam Hinkie became team's GM in May 2013. Other 14 were traded, waived, hit free agency.

:lol: he just really started consistently dunking too .. do you remember him at A&M and his early years with the Clips? Dude was on that Kendrick Perkins path :x ... He may be able too develop a post move eventually but I wouldn't count on it.

It's almost similar to how we think Dwight can be much more of a factor on the offensive end, but at this point, he is who he is.
Very good comparision with Dwight. Repped. Who we thought was gonna get it but never did. Maybe DJ will improve more. Maybe he won't. I just personally believe he could be better and be the best Center in the league.

Last edited:
DJ is all athleticism, barely any skills around the rim. He has a few hooks and a semi turn-around but besides that, he relies heavily on his athleticism to score. He's got time to work out on the skill part and FTs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom