The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cleveland Cavaliers and Turner Sports will bring a free fan event and viewing party to downtown Cleveland’s Gateway District.

The Cleveland Cavaliers will tipoff the most anticipated season in the team’s history on Thursday night October 30th when they host the New York Knicks as part of TNT’s national broadcast of NBA Opening Week.

To commemorate the evening, Turner Sports and the Cavs will host a free fan event outside Quicken Loans Arena that will feature a musical performance by hip-hop recording artist Kendrick Lamar, as well as appearances by the Cavalier Girls dance team, the Scream Team hip-hop troupe and more. Once the Cavs game begins, the event will serve as a viewing party for fans with the TNT broadcast featured on the massive video boards that will be set up in the space.

The free event will be open to the public beginning at 4:00 p.m. in the Huron (Stark) parking lot (directly across the street from The Q). Turner Sports will feature footage from the event and Kendrick Lamar’s performance, within the hour-long TNT NBA Tip-Off presented by AutoTrader.com. With a special guest appearance by Kevin Hart and NBA TV’s Inside Stuff host Kristen Ledlow, the special will air at 7:00 p.m. ET before TNT’s coverage of the Cavaliers vs. Knicks game tips off at 8:00 p.m. ET.

Top Dawg Entertainment recording artist Kendrick Lamar’s latest single “i” is featured in Turner Sports’ promotional campaign highlighting the tip off of the 2014-15 NBA regular season, with a 30-second video currently available at NBA.com.

:wow:

This sounds dope

I mean the ESPN Kobe Bryant story is all pretty obvious I think we all know the whole "Kobe the ultimate competitor" nonsense would get old when he couldn't back it up.

I don't know why anyone would dispute what the ESPN article says.

*shrugs*

Last edited:
I mean the ESPN Kobe Bryant story is all pretty obvious I think we all know the whole "Kobe the ultimate competitor" nonsense would get old when he couldn't back it up.

I don't know why anyone would dispute what the ESPN article says.

*shrugs*
what does it say? ive seen articles about no one wants to play with kobe, the lakers are the worst in the league and it's his fault, and all types of other random ish everywhere. and kobe being the ultimate competitor was nonsense? not sure what the ultimate competitor is but if there is a such thing, it probably is kobe.

what does it say? ive seen articles about no one wants to play with kobe, the lakers are the worst in the league and it's his fault, and all types of other random ish everywhere. and kobe being the ultimate competitor was nonsense? not sure what the ultimate competitor is but if there is a such thing, it probably is kobe.

Eh "ultimate competitor" implies you would do anything to win, thats not really the case with kobe, Kobe would do anything think so that he is the REASON for winning.

and becuase of that he's hostile to other great players.

Kobe is more like the ultimate capitalist, Bird/Magic are competitors, they do what it takes to win, Kobe does what it takes for personal glory and that becomes more and more obvious the older he gets.

Last edited:
Eh "ultimate competitor" implies you would do anything to win, thats not really the case with kobe, Kobe would do anything think so that he is the REASON for winning.

and becuase of that he's hostile to other great players.

Kobe is more like the ultimate capitalist, Bird/Magic are competitors, they do what it takes to win, Kobe does what it takes for personal glory and that becomes more and more obvious the older he gets.

Agreed

SiriusXM NBA Radio ‏@SiriusXMNBA · 24m24 minutes ago
.@Isaiah_Thomas on PHX vs SAC is “Guys like playing with each other that's probably the biggest difference." #NBARadioCampTour

Yikes. Tell us what you really think Lil' Zeke.

Eh "ultimate competitor" implies you would do anything to win, thats not really the case with kobe, Kobe would do anything think so that he is the REASON for winning
Truth

MJ was about winning at all costs. Hyper competitive disorder. His legacy was byproduct.

Kobe is about making Kobe look good first, his legacy and winning a byproduct.

Defines their difference. One is the real thing, the other is cover band version.

He wouldn't have signed that ridiculous contract if he was actually interested in competing for championships.

Dwight is a clown who I don't respect but his talent is undeniable. If Kobe wanted to win rings he would've found a way to make it work. Adapt your leadership style to that clown.

It's why PJ said MJ was the better leader. Players naturally wanted to fall in line to his alpha. His charisma was disarming. As organic as gravity.

Meanwhile through skill, obsessive hard work Kobe without the innate gifts of LeBron or Jordan attempts to convince teammates and perception he's this great leader. In reality he alienates himself from his teammates.

Kobe plays the game selfishly. And it's not just due to the shot selection or volume of FGA.

Still great but inferior ball player to LeBron and Jordan. In that essence I get why he's alienating and viewed as a basketball villain.

Can't knock the hustle and work ethic though. That's admirable.

Last edited:

.@Isaiah_Thomas on PHX vs SAC is “Guys like playing with each other that's probably the biggest difference." #NBARadioCampTour

@rck3sactown

nerd.gif
Apparently nobody on the Kings liked playing with Young Zeke 
laugh.gif

Varejao looks ready to go. He, Love, Bron, & Tristan off the bench are gonna pound people on the glass.

Combine that with the shooting, having the league's best player & 2 other capable 20 point scorers, I don't see how they don't make it out of the east barring injury.

they're still not a good defensive team though. they're also a pretty small team up front
Neither were nash's suns, or even last year's Heat. They merely have to be average, which shouldn't be an issue with Bron & Varejo as anchors.

They're small up front? They don't have a single undersized player in the rotation. What are you talking about?

Last edited:
Truth

MJ was about winning at all costs. Hyper competitive disorder. His legacy was byproduct.

Kobe is about making Kobe look good first, his legacy and winning a byproduct.

Defines their difference. One is the real thing, the other is cover band version.

He wouldn't have signed that ridiculous contract if he was actually interested in competing for championships.

Dwight is a clown who I don't respect but his talent is undeniable. If Kobe wanted to win rings he would've found a way to make it work. Adapt your leadership style to that clown.

It's why PJ said MJ was the better leader. Players naturally wanted to fall in line to his alpha. His charisma was disarming. As organic as gravity.

Meanwhile through skill, obsessive hard work Kobe without the innate gifts of LeBron or Jordan attempts to convince teammates and perception he's this great leader. In reality he alienates himself from his teammates.

Kobe plays the game selfishly. And it's not just due to the shot selection or volume of FGA.

Still great but inferior ball player to LeBron and Jordan.

Completely get your viewpoint, but I disagree. I feel as though Jordan was the same way as Kobe. They both "Were ultimate competitors" who "wanted to win at all cost" but had some very selfish motives behind those desires. Jordan's primary motive for winning was to prove that a scoring champ could win a ring. We all like to romanticize Kobe and Jordan's "competitive nature" when in actuality it isn't all that pretty. However, there's another side to this as well. I doubt either of them would be the GOATS if they didn't have those burning selfish desires inside of them.

Make no mistake both of those guys Kobe and Jordan wanted to win because winning made them look good and validated how great of players they were. They didn't want to "win at all cost" and they wouldn't do anything to win...especially Kobe. The moment things got tough in LA he wanted to bail and was very close to leaving.

The Bit about MJ being a better leader I do agree with though. But the fact that you said Kobe plays the game selfishly and didn't mention that Jordan played the game pretty selfishly as well is showing some bias. Truthfully speaking, like I said they both are honestly incredibly talented, skilled, and selfish ballplayers and that's largely why they are who they are and are as successful as they are. Everything can't be all good. You're not going to be a 6x champ and a 10 time scoring champ and score over 30k points by not having extremely selfish motives.

Completely get your viewpoint, but I disagree. I feel as though Jordan was the same way as Kobe. They both "Were ultimate competitors" who "wanted to win at all cost" but had some very selfish motives behind those desires. Jordan's primary motive for winning was to prove that a scoring champ could win a ring. We all like to romanticize Kobe and Jordan's "competitive nature" when in actuality it isn't all that pretty. However, there's another side to this as well. I doubt either of them would be the GOATS if they didn't have those burning selfish desires inside of them.

Make no mistake both of those guys Kobe and Jordan wanted to win because winning made them look good and validated how great of players they were. They didn't want to "win at all cost" and they wouldn't do anything to win...especially Kobe. The moment things got tough in LA he wanted to bail and was very close to leaving.

The Bit about MJ being a better leader I do agree with though. But the fact that you said Kobe plays the game selfishly and didn't mention that Jordan played the game pretty selfishly as well is showing some bias. Truthfully speaking, like I said they both are honestly incredibly talented, skilled, and selfish ballplayers and that's largely why they are who they are and are as successful as they are. Everything can't be all good. You're not going to be a 6x champ and a 10 time scoring champ and score over 30k points by not having extremely selfish motives.
Jordan had things he wanted to prove but it never got in the way of the success of the team.

Where as Kobe has beefed with all time greats like Phil Jackson who at one point wanted to trade him for Jason Kidd. His beef with Shaq and Dwight Howard. His agenda gets in the way of winning.

Where there is smoke there is fire.

MJ didn't beef with his coach. He didn't beef with Pippen when he was beginning to peak from 94 to 96. He praised him.

MJ in 91 took a step back to accommodate an improving Pippen .

Just look at their 5 sixty plus scoring games. Besides that game against Dallas ... Kobe padded these high scoring games against garbage basketball teams and defenses.

That 81 point game defined his selfish nature. By the time he was in the 60s he had multiple defenders running at him and he made no attempt to use that attention to get teammates involved. The game was close to being in hand too. He just kept gunning. His teammates didn't even seem happy when he he did it. He ended up with what? 2 assists lol

Meanwhile MJs 5 sixty point games came against elite teams and quality defenses.

He didn't bully bad teams. He blasted on quality opponents to make a statement.

MJ has 8 50 point playoff games to Kobe's 1.

Jordan was required to score a lot of volume for Chicago to win. He also played off the ball more ... was more efficient and didn't take multiple years off on defense like Kobe to save his energy to produce the most fool's gold offensive production.

As I said both guys had things they wanted to prove. But Kobe is about Kobe and MJ wanted to win and embarrass opponents.

The higher the stakes the better he was. The best playoff / Finals performer all time. When the game is slower with more defensive attention MJs numbers actually got better.

Last edited:
Apparently nobody on the Kings liked playing with Young Zeke :lol:

Yeah, and we'll see how long he likes playing with the guys in Phoenix if he only ends up getting limited minutes behind Bledsoe, the Dragic Bros and Green.

Boogie going to send his young goon Sauga City Stauskas to handle his light work. :nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom