The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

How? Lebron believes in team work. Sacarfices to achieve dreams. Not selfishness. Too many prime years wasted by our Favorites trying to win it alone. You know how many years Mcgrady stuggled due to a bad cast? Vince? AI? KG? LOVE? Redd?
Agreed.

LeBron is the ultimate team oriented superstar. Too much is made about his not being a killer, as Kobe is supposed to be, yet Reggie Miller was a killer, and never won a chip.

I'd like to think that LeBron would serve himself well by being in the Dr.J mold, being loved, revered AND winning, as opposed to being hated and driving teammates up the wall. 

i def think they should shorten the season. Cut it down to 52-62, 82 is just too long. quality of the game would def pick up i believe.

but on the other end nobody will ever reach Kareem or other crazy records.

Lol at all the typical hate. No respect.

I agree with a lot of the article but at the same time those before him did the same thing.

This weak *** crap Lebron is doing ruins the competitiveness of the game. Let's join super teams to win, ask for changes to relax more and have more handed to him.

Spurs know how to find talent hell even Cuban has built better teams than the Lakers since Buss sr. does.

To place it all on Kobe is silly this management without Jeanie making the calls is atrocious.
Ironic that you would claim "lol typical hate and no respect" and then follow with the gem of "This weak crap LeBron ruins the competitiveness of the game"... it's not LeBron's fault he wasn't gifted supreme elite talent and HOF coaches his entire career like Bryant

Kobe one of the luckiest dudes to ever play in the NBA, and sure that's not his fault he was always surrounded by HOFers and the best coach to ever live, but who knows what he would have done if Bryant was in the same situation James was in. Knowing Bryant's win at all costs attitude, I wouldn't be surprised if he skipped town either after 7 years of ****** management

Last edited:
The lack in quality of games had nothing to do with how many games, it's the back to backs and blatant tanking

Last edited:
Just like no one really knows what Bron would have done if he entered the league in Kobe's situation. You can't have it both ways. Kobe, for as selfish as he is, has 5 rings. He's the only Robin to ever average 28 next to someone averaging 28. We get it, he COULD have gone about things differently but the way he did go about it was extremely successful and the Lakers current situation does not take away from that. Especially considering Kobe doesn't make the decisions, management does.

Agree with a lot but I see the Rubio part being a big deal because if he leaves then can Wiggins be the guy: late in the shot clock, two minutes to go this is HIS time to shine. And who will the next coach be? If they keep Rubio I can see either Billups, if he wants to coach, coach this team or maybe Mark Jackson? I think Flip would want a PG for Rubio but who is the coach that could maximize Wiggins talent. Only thing I'm sure is a decade from now he'll be a great defender and still have crazy bounce. Just shooting with him and Rubio are alarming red flags.

I would agree if we got Jabari, we all know what he is, Melo 2.0, now can he become a good defender battling KD in this division?

Bennett will have a solid bounce back I think then when Thad leaves he'll show more. I'll be patient with LaVine too. Then what can we get for the remaining vets going forward?

the nba season is already long, why the hell would we want to add another month?

I would be more for a increase in the length of the NBA season than a game reduction. The first round does need to go back to the best of five though. Theres no need for seven games there.

Lol at all the typical hate. No respect.

I agree with a lot of the article but at the same time those before him did the same thing.

This weak *** crap Lebron is doing ruins the competitiveness of the game. Let's join super teams to win, ask for changes to relax more and have more handed to him.

Spurs know how to find talent hell even Cuban has built better teams than the Lakers since Buss sr. does.

To place it all on Kobe is silly this management without Jeanie making the calls is atrocious.
Ironic that you would claim "lol typical hate and no respect" and then follow with the gem of "This weak crap LeBron ruins the competitiveness of the game"... it's not LeBron's fault he wasn't gifted supreme elite talent and HOF coaches his entire career like Bryant

Kobe one of the luckiest dudes to ever play in the NBA, and sure that's not his fault he was always surrounded by HOFers and the best coach to ever live, but who knows what he would have done if Bryant was in the same situation James was in. Knowing Bryant's win at all costs attitude, I wouldn't be surprised if he skipped town either after 7 years of ****** management
sure kobe has been lucky with teammates but name a legend with 4+ championships that didnt play for an all time great coach. you have guys like magic and bird playing on teams with 3-4 hall of famers, jordan had phil and pip, duncan's championship casts are as talented and accomplished as kobe's (at least for his last two). 

not everyone is drafted by a competent organization, sometimes a player will have to leave to find a team good enough to win a championship and thats what lebron did and there's nothing wrong with that. but for the past 5 years including this year lebron has played with more than enough talent that the "kobe is lucky and always had HOF teammates" argument doesnt mean much anymore. if they dont win this year thats 2/5 for lebron in years where he had a team good enough to win a championship and despite the hate that's still really impressive, thats better than 99.9% of what other players in the league can do. there is no one right way to play basketball, you can say things like "oh if i were in the nba i would want to play with lebron rather than kobe" but at the end of the day when playing on talented championship level teams both playstyles have produced the same amount of championships

Just like no one really knows what Bron would have done if he entered the league in Kobe's situation. You can't have it both ways. Kobe, for as selfish as he is, has 5 rings. He's the only Robin to ever average 28 next to someone averaging 28. We get it, he COULD have gone about things differently but the way he did go about it was extremely successful and the Lakers current situation does not take away from that. Especially considering Kobe doesn't make the decisions, management does.

Rock gif

If you suited it out more, you lessen back to back or eliminate them. Less games per day means we could actually watch more games. League pass fans would love that. Less channel changing.

No. Add a month to the season. Just increase the space between games

:lol:

bro the current season is already 9 months, way too damn long.

these dudes are crazy bruh

after a certain point you are just dying for playoffs to start. leave it how it is or shorten the season by about 10 games or something. extending would be idiotic and players wouldnt go for it, that cuts their vacation time as well.

honest question, does this happen every year? or is it just this year where people are starting to think that the current nba schedule is too hard and needs to be changed 

Just do what Tony Parker suggested, cut down the preseason to four games and use the extra week for the regular season.

honest question, does this happen every year? or is it just this year where people are starting to think that the current nba schedule is too hard and needs to be changed 

I can't remember serious discussions about cutting down the number of games prior to this season. I remember during the lockout seasons a couple odd comments from people saying that maybe shorter seasons are better, but nothing like the actual debate that seems to be taking place now.

Just do what Tony Parker suggested, cut down the preseason to four games and use the extra week for the regular season.

I agree with this. The preseason is definitely too long. Its cool that the NBA tries to hold preseason games in venues that don't usually get pro basketball games, but four games each spread out among all the teams is enough for that, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom