The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

Fair enough, AG. Can't refute that weakness, but Chad Pennington had a pretty good career. Cousins is out of the McCoy mold. Thing I like about Colt the most is heart, leadership, grit, and competitiveness. Don't wanna beat home the point, but Tebow did show intangibles can matter more than we initially thought in the NFL.

I think you are. Dilfer/Johnson are exceptions. Now, go ahead and raddle off the last 10 quarterbacks who won a ring? Colt doesn't fit the mold of those guys.

Parity exists in the NFL, but it has it's breaking point. Again, let's go through the latest Super Bowl teams. Patriots, Giants, Steelers, Colts Packers, etc...These teams are ALWAYS in it. Parity doesn't win you a Championship in the NFL.

I'm sorry, but lightening in a bottle for one seasons run isn't enough for me build around you.

I think it has drastically less to do with Colt than it is Colt McCoy's arm strength. Shumur is a terrible OC. I'm reminded of the following story that I saw NFL Network's Michael Lombardi relay during a show & was posted later on ProFootballTalk last fall. Story below & link here.

Browns offense getting reputation for predictability
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 5, 2011, 11:12 AM EDT

Mike Holmgren and Pat Shurmur were supposed to bring a new era of offensive efficiency to Cleveland.

Instead, Colt McCoy has regressed this year and the offense is worse than it was than when Eric Mangini was the head coach. Michael Lombardi of NFL.com gives a great example of Cleveland’s predictability.

Lombardi says each week, he calls a former coach on the phone and plays a game with him.

“I tell my friend the personnel group, the formation, where the ball is located on the field and what hash mark and describe the motion — if there is any — and ask him to tell me the exact play that will be run. He is correct about 95 percent of the time. No lie.

“The Browns are so integrated into the West Coast system that their predictability is becoming legendary around the league,

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Fair enough, AG. Can't refute that weakness, but Chad Pennington had a pretty good career. Cousins is out of the McCoy mold. Thing I like about Colt the most is heart, leadership, grit, and competitiveness. Don't wanna beat home the point, but Tebow did show intangibles can matter more than we initially thought in the NFL.

100% agree on those attributes for Colt. Also, intangibles have always mattered. We just haven't seen someone rely so heavily on them.

Sorry, man. Not trying to pick on you. Just enjoy my QB talk.
laugh.gif

it should be telling that you can only name 2 noodle-armed QBs that have had "pretty good careers" (Garcia & Pennington)

History says those kinda QBs do not fair well in the NFL

Pennington had a shoulder condition. at one point he did have an average arm.

As one of the few Browns fans here i watched just about every game... Colts not bad... neither was Derek Anderson tho and he had all the arm in the world... its gunna take more than being "ok" or even "good" to win in Cleveland... we need a QB that thrives under the leadership role and knows how to win. Colt can do all that we ask him to but at the end of the day hes jus not dynamic enough and his physical flaws allow the D to cheat too much too often.

Hopefully Weeden can be that guy for awhile...

heres hopin we get fleener... we could have a MEANNN playaction attack poundin T Rich behind Thomas then hittin fleener/cribs vertically when the time is right
pimp.gif

No worries, Paul. Love my football talk especially when others disagree, makes the argument more lively. Gunna, I could honestly see a Garcia-type career for Colt. He has the mobility and guts.

I prefer Hill, Jeffery, Pead, Quick, and LeMichael but as long as we get a solid receiver, running back, and linebacker tonight I'll be happy. 

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

JD, any 4-3 team in need of a Will LB should target David.

I would take that.
Quick, quickly off the board in the second round. 

I know he's noodle-armed and has physical limitations but I believe in Kellen Moore for whatever reason. As a spot-starter type I think he'll be good and find a way to stick around the league for a while. Accuracy matters and he doesn't make dumb mistakes, that's what you want from that a backup QB.

Back
Top Bottom