The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

laugh.gif

I said Donovan Warren was closer to Joe Haden than most people think at a particular time.  Looking back, it was probably the dumbest #@#* I've said in my NT career.

donovan-warren.jpg

Keep in mind Joe was getting top 6-7 talk and I didn't think his career at Florida warranted that compared to the guys that have gone that high at corner in the past (and still really don't).

D-War was a consensus 3rd rounder at the time.  He was a freshman All American and then played w/ the worst defensive talent in the history of Michigan's program.

He was better than Leon Hall his first 2 years in Ann Arbor.

A few years later, Haden is a top 5 or so corner in the NFL and Warren went undrafted after running a 4.7 at the combine.

I learned a lot from that situation.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Statis22

If Eli had the career he's had up to date currently but in another city besides NY how would he be perceived?

About the same? Maybe how we look at Cutler now?

Eli Manning is a winner. And he is clutch.
He doesn't get the respect he deserves from around the league for various reasons. The Manning name, his doofy look at time, but the fact is in his first handful of years in the NFL, he has already won a Super Bowl by beating the team that wasn't suppose to lose, and won the MVP in that game. That playoff run by Eli was legendary, he beat Dallas and Green Bay to get to the SB.

He is a great QB, and in the words of T.O "that's my quarterback"

Originally Posted by Jay02

Does anyone know what Russel Wilsons deal is out of Wisconsin?

I know he got drafted by the Colorado Rockies. But the reason he went to Wisconsin to play another year was for his dad an ex NFL player who died recently. Is he going in the draft? Can he go in the draft even though he got drafted by the Rockies? Does he have NFL talent? I think so.

He's got the arm, he's accurate, he's got speed. The only knock on him is that he's only 5'11. Same problem with Kellen Moore. None of this matters though if hes going to the MLB. I just havent heard $!#% about what hes doing after this year.
The problem w/ Russy is that he is 5'11.

The problem w/ Kellen Moore is that he is 5'11 and doesn't have a strong arm.
Give me Sanu, Broyles, Floyd all over Jeffery
Really?

Something that should work in Russell Wilson's favor is the fact that his offensive line is huge. They have the size of an NFL offensive line and his height doesn't seem to be an issue.

Russell Wilson is just silky smooth and very smart. I'm sure teams will be skeptical because of his height, but if he decides to go the NFL route, I think the Pro's heavily outweigh the Con's and he should prove to be a very good NFL Q.

What kind of potential do you guys see out of Arkansas' QB Tyler Wilson?

I think he has a bright future

Very bright. Liked him the first time I seen him last year when he came in for Mallet against Auburn, I believe.

The offense didn't skip a beat initially and he had a great command of the offense. I think he's someone to watch out for, no doubt.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Something that should work in Russell Wilson's favor is the fact that his offensive line is huge. They have the size of an NFL offensive line and his height doesn't seem to be an issue.

Russell Wilson is just silky smooth and very smart. I'm sure teams will be skeptical because of his height, but if he decides to go the NFL route, I think the Pro's heavily outweigh the Con's and he should prove to be a very good NFL Q.

Thats what I was thinking as well. I think it was the Nebraska game they showed the sizes of UW's OLine and compared it with the Packers OLine. The Badgers line was much bigger than the Packers. He doesnt seem to be having any problems with the height of the OLine.

Throwing/seeing over a large O-Line is rarely the problem. It's getting balls batted down at the LOS w/ a low release point.

A lot of Russy's throws are off play-action or roll-outs.

He is silky smooth, but the height concerns are legitimate, IMO.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Very bright. Liked him the first time I seen him last year when he came in for Mallet against Auburn, I believe.

The offense didn't skip a beat initially and he had a great command of the offense. I think he's someone to watch out for, no doubt.
yea he threw for 320 yds in that game

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by CP1708

I want to get sort of a list of where team needs are and what they will address for sure at some point EARLY in the draft.  For instance

QB
Miami
Denver
Seattle
Indy
KC
San Fran???

COULD all go QB early. 

Oline
Bears
Lions
Steelers
NYG --LB #2
Ravens???
Cowboys???

Defense
NE both picks
GB  (Safety)
Philly (LB)
Houston (DT)   WR#2

Weapons
Jax
Clev
Cincy  (RB)
Jets???

BPA
Bills
Vikings

No 1st round
Oak
N.O.
Atl

What do you guys think for the other teams?  Are there any teams that MUST take an o-lineman?  Or HAVE to go all defense early?  Should there be another team on the QB list? 
Once we have all the teams, I'll clean it all up and drop it in the OP for safekeeping. 
We could also have a BPA (Best Player Available) type category, for a team like Minnesota, they could go WR, O-Line, or even secondary, LB, whatever.  Simply put, BPA when they pick.  Make sense?  
Updated

My biggest fear with Barkley is Sanchez and Leinart......see where I'm goin with that? 
ohwell.gif
  I like the kid, have since the Ohio St game his freshman year, but his lineage worries me greatly. 

You could put us in the "weapons" category. I think we'll be looking at a playmaker with that pick unless Burfict or a CB we really like is available.

I want to get sort of a list of where team needs are and what they will address for sure at some point EARLY in the draft.  For instance

QB
Miami
Denver
Seattle
Indy
KC
San Fran???

COULD all go QB early. 

Oline
Bears
Lions
Steelers
NYG --LB #2
Ravens???
Cowboys???

Defense
NE both picks
GB  (Safety)
Philly (LB)
Houston (DT)   WR#2

Weapons
Jax
Clev
Cincy  (RB)
Tampa
STL
Jets???

BPA
Bills
Vikings
SD

No 1st round
Oak
N.O.
Atl

What do you guys think for the other teams?  Are there any teams that MUST take an o-lineman?  Or HAVE to go all defense early?  Should there be another team on the QB list? 
Once we have all the teams, I'll clean it all up and drop it in the OP for safekeeping. 
We could also have a BPA (Best Player Available) type category, for a team like Minnesota, they could go WR, O-Line, or even secondary, LB, whatever.  Simply put, BPA when they pick.  Make sense?  
Updated

Need 4 more teams, Arizona, Washington, Carolina, and Tennessee. 

I'm guessing Arizona needs BPA, Carolina needs weapons, or BPA, Tenn I'm leaning.....OL???  Washington, do they go QB round 1?  Go after Griffin or possibly Foles or Tannehille?  What do you guys think on these 4?  
nerd.gif

Landry Jones with a HUGE game today. Now Luck vs Barkley. And I would LOVE to get one of the Stanford TE's to go with whichever QB we take.

the Colts look like the worst team in the NFL at the midway point.. They will prolly draft Luck..The question I want to know is what they will they with Manning

I did the Marshall/UAB game, this dude Vinny Curry with 3 more forced fumbles, a sack, 2 tackles for loss and a tackle that was simply crazy, stopped a running back with full momentum heading into the end zone picked him up and threw him backwards FROM BEHIND!!!! Unreal play. I know the talent level isn't elite at UAB, but that's a full day, and he played just a little over half the game.
laugh.gif

Tommy Streeter is going to be 1st Round pick, you can take that to the bank.

Back
Top Bottom