The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

Originally Posted by thetruth03

Unlike most, i actually like Tannehill as a prospect. He's got a quick release and can make throws in tight windows. And he's got feet. Someone embed the LSU vs. Texas A&M game featuring tannehill. There's a lot to like although he made some big mistakes as well.
ADIDAS likes him too, just signed him to an endorsement deal.

Oh, I'm happy again now. I can watch in peace.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by peter80warrick

would rather pay for my own shoes than to have an adidas or reebok sponsorship
adi prob gave dude mad bread or its that baylor connection

Saw one of the draft prognosticators say this was a deep receiver class, but I just don't see it. I see a whole bunch of Troy Williamsons, David Terrells, & Carols Rogers.

Gunna Get It-
They need to draft a WR since they traded a way Marshall. Mike Sherman was Tannehill's coach at A&M so I wonder if they make a play for him since they need a QB & they have extra picks by way of the Marshall trade. If the Fins pass on him, it would speak volumes on his so called potential (IMO)...

Damn I can't wait till the draft...

addidas/reebok yuck....Figures Tannehill signs with them...

I get Reebok, but what's wrong w. adidas?  

*edit*

Speaking of companies, I had no clue that UA was in the bidding for the NFL apparrell/jersey liscense (sp?).  The rise of this company has been nothing short of amazing. 

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Do the Dolphins plan on drafting a WR in the 1st two-three rounds?
We assume so, but no way to be sure.  I personally mocked Streeter/Toon to Miami with their back to back 3rds.  I don't know if Miami will actually go that early tho. 

I've heard/read/seen some talk about guys later in the 4th-5th rounds, like a Fuller since he played for Sherman, Lavon Brazil, guys like that.  Philbin came from the GB way of taking any WR in the mid rounds and coaching them up.  Certainly Miami will need an Aaron Rodgers to help with that, that will take time obviously. 
laugh.gif

They have a stable full of average guys already.  Bess in the slot, Hartline should be a 4 not a 2, Clyde Gates was a 4th rounder last year, just signed Legedu this week, then we have some young guys they hope will come up.  Bunch of average as you can see.  So I don't know if they'll take multiple WR's or just take one decent one.  We have plenty of holes, so it ain't like WR is the only spot we need to fill. 

DoubleJs07 wrote:
peter80warrick wrote:

*edit*

Speaking of companies, I had no clue that UA was in the bidding for the NFL apparrell/jersey liscense (sp?).  The rise of this company has been nothing short of amazing. 

Didn't even see peter80warrick's comment, but I definitely agree. All the new addidas stuff looks so gimmicky & so 90's lookin'. Do they have to slap the 3 stripes on everything? They have no concept of subtltey...

UA has come a long way pretty fast but I still won't rock their stuff. Strictly Nike for me. I saw this warning on UA's website for their men's v-neck tee, "WARNING! This product will melt when exposed to extreme heat or open flames, posing a risk of serious injury where melted product comes into contact with skin!" Link to product here. I now polyester in general is more flammable than cotton but if you legally need to post such a warning on your products, you got problems....

As far as I'm concerned, no company should be able to oufit any league besides Nike. End of story. 

I wish the best for Philbin. He's paid his dues & experienced a lot of success these last several years. I hope he doesn't become the latest coordinator to prove he's not a good HC. 

Speaking of weed, OSU lineman Mike Adams tested positive for the icky sticky at the combine...Wonder how that will effect his draft status...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

*edit*

I wouldn't touch the Reebok brand with a 50ft pole, but Adidas is an easy take. 
As far as UA I get why they have to offer shoes, but I am just not a fan right now.

Its not even the lack of signatures or anything like that the designs are either bland  or too crazy.

cant believe the draft is less than a week away.. really curious to see what we do

Does anyone else feel like this years draft is disappointing relative to the 2011 NFL Draft?

I mean last year, we had hot players like Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert..

cam-newton-eye-candy-400x295.jpeg

blaine-gabbert-blog-2.jpg

this year we have Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III...
sick.gif

dm_111028_ncf_andrew_luck.jpg

111230015521-robert-griffin-iii-heisman-story-top.jpg

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Does anyone else feel like this years draft is disappointing relative to the 2011 NFL Draft?

I mean last year, we had hot players like Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert..

this year we have Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III...
sick.gif
Are you referring to Gabbert being good looking when you say hot? Because he was one of the worst QBs I've ever seen play. In addition, I've never seen a QB that afraid to take a hit. Dude has no business playing in the NFL. Good thing the NFL has a rookie wage scale now to lessen the blow in making horrible first round draft decisions. Jacksonville GM gene smith just can't admit he made a mistake by sticking with this nitwit...I feel for MJD. He's been a great RB the last several years on some very bad teams. Steve Jackson in St. Louis too, but they might be on the rise somewhat. 

Draft will be here soon & I can't wait. I wonder how may teams will try to trade up. I keep thinking RGIII is going to break out & start singing Hey Ya in interviews...

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

What happens if Gabbert takes huge steps this season?
I think a lot of guys in the league would flinch when you consider that o line.
Actually, the Jag o-line is ok. The only thing they really need is a new L OT. Although Kalil is out of their reach (don't see them trading up to get him), they may be able to get someone like Stanford's Jonathan Martin in the second round. They will probably target another WR though...

It will be interesting to see what Mike Mularkey will be able to do with Gabbert. He's a solid OC & not sure he would've taken the job (leaving a solid team on the rise like the Falcons) if he didn't think he could improve Gabbert (at least I think). So seeing what Gabbert can do in 2012 will be interesting to see.

Back
Top Bottom