Terminator 4: May 22nd 2009

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The fourth movie in the "Terminator" franchise will reach North American theaters on May 22, 2009, coinciding with the U.S. Memorial Day holiday weekend, distributor Warner Bros. said.

Christian Bale will star as rebel leader John Connor in "Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins," which is scheduled to begin production in the spring in New Mexico.

"Charlie's Angels" filmmaker McG will direct the movie, which is expected to be the first in a new "Terminator" trilogy.

The series, which originated in 1984 and made Arnold Schwarzenegger a star, centered on a robot from the future where machines wage war against humanity, whose goal was to kill Sarah Connor, the mother of the future leader of the human resistance. As the movies progressed, the son, played by Edward Furlong in 1991's "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" and Nick Stahl in 2003's "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines," took a more prominent role.

Sony Pictures will handle international distribution. Warner Bros. and Sony had a similar arrangement for "Terminator 3," which grossed $433 million worldwide, according to Box Office Mojo.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Hopefully Arnold comes out of retirement for this
http://www.reuters.com/article/filmNews/idUSN2628286120080226

Originally Posted by Officer Andre

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The fourth movie in the "Terminator" franchise will reach North American theaters on May 22, 2009, coinciding with the U.S. Memorial Day holiday weekend, distributor Warner Bros. said.

Christian Bale will star as rebel leader John Connor in "Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins," which is scheduled to begin production in the spring in New Mexico.

"Charlie's Angels" filmmaker McG will direct the movie, which is expected to be the first in a new "Terminator" trilogy.

The series, which originated in 1984 and made Arnold Schwarzenegger a star, centered on a robot from the future where machines wage war against humanity, whose goal was to kill Sarah Connor, the mother of the future leader of the human resistance. As the movies progressed, the son, played by Edward Furlong in 1991's "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" and Nick Stahl in 2003's "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines," took a more prominent role.

Sony Pictures will handle international distribution. Warner Bros. and Sony had a similar arrangement for "Terminator 3," which grossed $433 million worldwide, according to Box Office Mojo.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
Hopefully Arnold comes out of retirement for this
http://www.reuters.com/article/filmNews/idUSN2628286120080226

Not even Bale can save this movie.
smh.gif

And just to add, what's the point of the trilogy? I always felt that The Matrix Trilogy basically pickedup where The Terminator Trilogy ended. I mean, computers leading to the destruction of humans, machines (A.I.)taking over as the dominant "species" on earth, small group of resistance fighters, possibility of harmony in the end.. really, what is theTerminator Trilogy going to bring that the Matrix Trilogy didn't already touch on? Oh I forgot, $$$.

frown.gif
as a matrix diehard, i cringe when i read the words 'reloaded' and 'revolutions'. anyways, is arnold even allowed to contribute to thisfilm?

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

And just to add, what's the point of the trilogy? I always felt that The Matrix Trilogy basically picked up where The Terminator Trilogy ended. I mean, computers leading to the destruction of humans, machines (A.I.) taking over as the dominant "species" on earth, small group of resistance fighters, possibility of harmony in the end.. really, what is the Terminator Trilogy going to bring that the Matrix Trilogy didn't already touch on? Oh I forgot, $$$.

Not really. The Matrix is a never ending cycle of control. The machines were similar to slaves and were treated similar in that they had no rights becausethey were property. After the trial of B1-66ER, it was decided to eliminate the machines in fear of possible rebellion. The remaining machines flee to theMiddle East to create their own country in which they being to prosper and undermine the human economy. The world's governments get mad and declare war onthe machines.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

And just to add, what's the point of the trilogy? I always felt that The Matrix Trilogy basically picked up where The Terminator Trilogy ended. I mean, computers leading to the destruction of humans, machines (A.I.) taking over as the dominant "species" on earth, small group of resistance fighters, possibility of harmony in the end.. really, what is the Terminator Trilogy going to bring that the Matrix Trilogy didn't already touch on? Oh I forgot, $$$.

srsly.... hopefully it wont be +%@%

Unfortunately McG does not know how to put a movie together. Never saw We are Marshall but this man made the Charlie's Angels movies even worse than theirscripts called for with his obnoxious directing.

Originally Posted by the hater boxden

number 3 was bad
number 1 was bad
number 2 was
pimp.gif

You sir are a complete fool

1. was awesome

2. was dope

3. wasnt so bad, but it was the worst.

Im sort of excited to see how this trilogy will pan out, and see if all the stories the T100 said was accurate.

Is tha cyborg girl from tha tv show gonna be in it? she could get it sooo hard, I dont care if she's a robot

I have a lot of confidence in Christian Bale as an actor, but I'm not sure if even he can save this...
tired.gif

Only time will tell I guess...

T2 was classic. As for T3, it was a really really good movie. I thought it was a great addition. I don't know why its getting so much hate. Anyways,I'm a big Bale fan but this series was meant for Arnold as I see it. Still curious to see how it will turn out. Though I'm pretty disappointed theychose that director. Why not go back to Cameron? Mostow did I good job last time, why not chose him again?

I dunno I think T2 was so awesome that ANYTHING that followed it in the series would have seemed weak in comparison. I was also 10 years old when T2 dropped somaybe it's just nostalgia speaking for me. I didn't think Rise of the Machines was all that bad. With Bale attached to this I will check it out when itreleases.

never liked any terminator movie (yeah, flame on) but then again, I cannot stand arnold in any movie.

Back
Top Bottom