TENNIS: OFFICIAL US OPEN 2011 THREAD! hawt.

^ Yeah, we can laugh about Caro's cramping now, but I remember watching that live on TV at the time and it was a pretty scary situation for her. I certainly felt for her.

Anyway, seems like the weather for the next few days is pretty grim. The thing is, Rafa, Murray and Roddick (as well as others) are still in their 4th round match, while they've scheduled the Fed/Tsonga and Djoker/Tipsy QF matches for Thursday night. How is that fair for the 4th round guys???

^US Open's not about being fair, it's all about the bottom line for them. Just like how they tried to rush some games in yesterday with all four men's round of 16 matches when it was clear that it was wet outside. They will do their damndest to try to squeeze the Final into Sunday to maximize viewership, even if it means 4 straight days of matches for one at least one unlucky dude on the men's side
eyes.gif

^US Open's not about being fair, it's all about the bottom line for them. Just like how they tried to rush some games in yesterday with all four men's round of 16 matches when it was clear that it was wet outside. They will do their damndest to try to squeeze the Final into Sunday to maximize viewership, even if it means 4 straight days of matches for one at least one unlucky dude on the men's side
eyes.gif

Looks like it's gonna be the 4th straight Monday-final too.

eek.gif
laugh.gif

It was only a matter of time....

Looks like it's gonna be the 4th straight Monday-final too.

eek.gif
laugh.gif

It was only a matter of time....

This whole rain situation is understandable somewhat but why can't they get some court coverings so that they don't have to spend 45 minutes drying the court every time it rains?

This whole rain situation is understandable somewhat but why can't they get some court coverings so that they don't have to spend 45 minutes drying the court every time it rains?

had tickets to last night's quarterfinals...was told can't go today at all and they can't be exchanged or refunded

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

had tickets to last night's quarterfinals...was told can't go today at all and they can't be exchanged or refunded

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Was hoping to catch some of this yesterday on my day off, but the rain.

Pulling for Roddick, as usual.

Was hoping to catch some of this yesterday on my day off, but the rain.

Pulling for Roddick, as usual.

"Roddick v Ferrer match suspended due to water at the back of the court..."??? WTH.

"Roddick v Ferrer match suspended due to water at the back of the court..."??? WTH.

US Open facilities don't own any blowers?

one dry wall blower would dry any water up in like 20 minutes

US Open facilities don't own any blowers?

one dry wall blower would dry any water up in like 20 minutes

it's water rising up from underneath the court, resulting in a bubble and now a crack

match might be moved to another court

it's water rising up from underneath the court, resulting in a bubble and now a crack

match might be moved to another court

Back
Top Bottom