Teams who choked the most in Sports thread

In retrospect, I respect those Bills teams a lot. We'll never see that type of run again in the NFL. 
I argue that all the time. I argue that that's till one of the GOAT teams, and just like GOAT athlete discussion, championships come up.

So like an isolated SB win by say the Bucs, that's supposed to trump 4 straight SB appearances? I can't see that.
You mean you would take four straight Super Bowl losses over winning one Super Bowl and not getting close again?

Crazy. I would never give up a chance to win a title.
Not saying I would take it.

Actually, nah, I'd rather... if I could pick my career to either be competitive every year and actually make it 4 straight times and lose, or win it all 1 time and never be a championship contender any other year of my career, I'd choose the latter.

But I'm saying, the decision wouldn't be easy. Contend, EVERY year? And actually get to the big game, 4 straight times?! That's, man, that would be one hell of an experience.

Last edited:
As for my teams:

Indians 1995 and 1997 :frown:

Cavs - none. Lost to better teams. Maybe that Magic series.

Browns - The Drive
THE fumble.

43-8

broncos2.jpg

Last edited:
Do the Braves count since they won the WS?

1996 - win 96 games lose the WS
1997 - win 102 games lose the NLCS
1998 - win 106 games lose the NLCS
1999 - win 103 games get swept in the WS
2000 - win 95 games get swept in the NLDS
2001 - win 88 games lose in the NLCS
2002 - win 101 games lose in the NLDS
2003 - win 101 games lose in the NLDS
2004 - win 96 games lose in the NLDS
2005 - win 90 games lose in the NLDS

That's an average of 97.8 wins, 2 WS losses, 3 NLCS losses and 5 first round losses.
JESU CRISTO!!! 
eek.gif

For the braves a few of their teams stand out to me

91 blew a 3-2 lead to the twins

93 lost 4-2 to a phillies team they should've beat

96 blew that 2-0 lead to the Yankees and a 6-0 lead with the chance to go up 3-1

97 and 98 4-2 loses to the marlins and padres who they were fully capable of beating.

99 swept 4-0 to the Yankees. I doubt they were capable of beating the 99 Yankees but they could've at least made it close.

03 were responsible for the cubs first and only playoff series win since 1908. Lost game 5 at home.

04 were responsible for the Astros first ever playoff series win. Lost game 5 at home.

How exactly did the Bills choke? They were underdogs in 3 out of 4 SB's

The Norwood kick, I guess I could see that

Last edited:
How exactly did the Bills choke? They were underdogs in 3 out of 4 SB's

The Norwood kick, I guess I could see that

I don't think people mean that they choked like they had a big lead and gave it up.

They mean that the Bills made the SB 4 times... IN A ROW.

Some teams haven't been in a SB once or twice let alone 4.... and they were in 4 STRAIGHT.

and DIDN'T WIN ONE OF THEM!

thats crazy man.

The Bills choked in the fact that they had 4 opportunities to win the big game and failed to do so every time.

underdogs or not thats just ridiculous.

I forgot what year it was but AC Milan v. Liverpool.

Milan were up 3-0 and end up losing. In the biggest game of Europe

I wouldn't count the Braves as a choke franchise. They've been solid over a long period of time

2001 Mariners :smh:

116 wins for nothing...

I low key blame 9/11

You're better than that :lol: they were extremely overrated. Every team that made the postseason that year was better than them IMO. Don't even get me started on that atrocious MVP award :lol:

I wouldn't count the Braves as a choke franchise. They've been solid over a long period of time

They lost almost every big game they played in a decade, when they were the favorite going into almost all of them. Being solid and failing in big moments is a choke job.

1992 Pittsburgh Pirates. When the closer comes in you gotta win. End of an era. F Bonds an his weak arm/stubbornness to not move his positioning

Recently every Penguins team :lol:

Some good ones, especially the golf since it is all on the individual

Last edited:
San Jose Sharks the last 10 years
96 Atlanta Braves
02 SF Giants
04 NY Yankees
07 NE Patriots
09 MIN Vikings
02 Sac Kings
12-13 Denver Nuggets

The more I think about it the 03 braves need to be high on that list

The Chicago cubs have only won one playoff series since 1908 and the braves are responsible for it. That deserves its own level on individual infamy.

I know it was mentioned, but that Mets team, was it '06 or '07? I know Glavine was on the mound that Sunday and blew it. I mean, they blew a 7 game division lead in what? Two weeks? But that was the straw that broke the camel's back. And don't get me started on Beltran's non swinging *** 
mean.gif

I know it was mentioned, but that Mets team, was it '06 or '07? I know Glavine was on the mound that Sunday and blew it. I mean, they blew a 7 game division lead in what? Two weeks? But that was the straw that broke the camel's back. And don't get me started on Beltran's non swinging *** 
mean.gif
that was 07.  glavine crapped the bed against the marlins that sunday.      crazy part is that over those final few weeks the phillies didn't even play all that great, the mets just played extremely bad.    

06 hurt,  then they proceed to goof at home against the marlins again on the final sunday of the season in 08 for the last game at shea.

damn being a mets fan is tough sometime.s 

mean.gif
that was 07.  glavine crapped the bed against the marlins that sunday.      crazy part is that over those final few weeks the phillies didn't even play all that great, the mets just played extremely bad.    

06 hurt,  then they proceed to goof at home against the marlins again on the final sunday of the season in 08 for the last game at shea.

damn being a mets fan is tough sometime.s 
This. You right, '06 Beltran froze and '07 was that choke job. The Phillies weren't much better. If we won 1 game we would have been ok. Disgrace 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom