Teams that will never be title contenders

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

any Ohio professional sports team
about 3/4 of teams in the NBA
pittsburgh pirates
oakland raiders
buffalo bills
You better check whats brewing in Cincy.

Don't mind him he's just trollin Ohio. EVERY NFL TEAM has a chance to contend for a title. Did you know the bills went to multiple super bowls in the 90s or then the lions where winless a few yrs ago. **@* changes fast in the NFL. Not to forget the reds won it all in 91. And probably would of won another if they didn't strike

Originally Posted by bangtcg

Originally Posted by PauliePeppas

It is "never be title contenders."

Yea and with dolan running the show "theyll never be" title contenders, am i missing something here?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Knicks  
Look at the playoff positions the Knicks have been in.

Im talking from today on and so is everyone else, half the damn teams people are mentioning have championships already lol

NHL: Toronto - never have a good mix of veteran and young players.
MLB: Toronto - no longer able to financially compete against Yankees and Bosox.
NBA: Toronto - good American players will bolt for an American team once they're develop and hit free agency.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

In the NBA all you need is to draft well. Look at the Thunder. LBJ all by him self turned the cavs in a title contender.
to an extent this is correct.  but small market teams are at a disadvantage for the fact that they have a shorter window to put things together then big market teams to.   for every selfless team player like kevin durant who's willing to extend his contract early and stick it out with that small team which is ran well, there's 5 or 6 other players in small markets more worried about their brand and the benifits of being in a big market so they refuse to offer any signs of commitment which makes it tough for those teams to sign good players and time is always their enemy.

I think the challenge is not so much greedy players worried about their brand, but how hard it is to get that lucky in the draft. Most big time players re-sign at their first contract, Lebron/Wade/Dwight/Bosh/Melo all signed extensions after their rookie deal. The difference between Lebron and the Cavs and Durant and the Thunder.. the Cavs got a lot better and didn't get high draft picks. After Lebron, the Cavs picked Luke Jackson and then a year later Shannon Brown. Meanwhile the Sonics/Thunder stayed bad enough that they were able to get high picks and that turned into Westbrook and Harden. Dwight too. After the Magic picked him, the next year with the 11th pick they got Fran Vasquez. year after that they got JJ.
17 wins to 35 wins to 42 wins - Lebron's Cavs improved too quickly to secure a top 5 pick and they didn't get lucky in picking a great player in the mid 1st round
31 wins to 20 wins to 23 wins - The Thunder didn't win and were able to get back to back to back high draft picks. They made the right picks so they deserve credit there, but teams need to stay bad enough to get higher picks or get lucky and make the right choices after they draft their superstar.

Yea and with dolan running the show "theyll never be" title contenders, am i missing something here?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Knicks  
Look at the playoff positions the Knicks have been in.

half the damn teams people are mentioning have championships already lol
Half doesn't help or hurt either of our cases does it?  

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

Originally Posted by RKO2004

any Ohio professional sports team
about 3/4 of teams in the NBA
pittsburgh pirates
oakland raiders
buffalo bills
You better check whats brewing in Cincy.

Don't mind him he's just trollin Ohio. EVERY NFL TEAM has a chance to contend for a title. Did you know the bills went to multiple super bowls in the 90s or then the lions where winless a few yrs ago. **@* changes fast in the NFL. Not to forget the reds won it all in 91. And probably would of won another if they didn't strike

This year is looking good for Cincy in all sports.
pimp.gif

We will have our day.
You guys better do work this year in the draft. High picks.

Originally Posted by mkc1983

NBA: Toronto - good American players will bolt for an American team once they're develop and hit free agency.
MLB: as long as the Yankees,Red Sox and Rays are in our division 
frown.gif
ohwell.gif
alien.gif

NBA: after that stupid trade by rob babcock involving VC 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

MLB: Washington Nationals

I don't watch MLB.. but has the Washington Nationals ever made it to the playoffs?

Originally Posted by mkc1983

Agree. Add the Atlanta Hawks to that list too.

I'd like to say the Bobcats but if they get Anthony Davis to pair with Biyombo things can quickly change....

Toronto Raptors
Milwaukee Bucks
Cleveland Browns
St. Louis Rams
Miami Dolphins
Pittsburgh Pirates
Atlanta Hawks
Washington Wizards
Sacramento Kings
New Orleans Hornets
Jacksonville Jaguars

Im surprised no one has said the team in my avy.

Im so close to giving up all hope on em , but i love em to much.

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

MLB: Washington Nationals

I don't watch MLB.. but has the Washington Nationals ever made it to the playoffs?

don't know if he's trolling or just a !@@!$%%

The way things have gone and are going, i'll have to say my Cleveland Browns.........let us have our day, just one time in any sport

Back
Top Bottom