Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since as long as I get there in time I'll be seeing all of these bands tonight
pimp.gif

nice!

bout time you went to a show. when was the last time youve been to one
laugh.gif

a review is a must once you get back. i know log and hatebreed are among your favorite bands so it should be a sweet time

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FINALLY

SLAYER, MEGADETH, ANTHRAX To Join Forces For Leg Two Of 'American Carnage

Confirmed dates for leg two of the "American Carnage" tour are as follows:

Sep. 24 - Verizon Wireless Theatre, Dallas, TX*
Sep. 25 - AT&T Center, San Antonio, TX*
Sep. 26 - Verizon Wireless Theatre, Houston, TX*
Sep. 28 - Lakefront Arena, New Orleans, LA*
Sep. 30 - Civic Coliseum, Knoxville, TN
Oct. 01 - The Arena at Gwinnett Center, Atlanta, GA*
Oct. 02 - Hard Rock Live, Orlando, FL
Oct. 03 - Bayfront Park Amphitheatre, Miami, FL*
Oct. 05 - Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA
Oct. 06 - 1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore, MD*
Oct. 08 - Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Uniondale, Long Island, NY*
Oct. 09 - Toyota Pavilion @ Montage Mountain, Scranton, PA*
Oct. 10 - LC Pavilion, Columbus, OH**
Oct. 12 - Freedom Hall, Louisville, KY
Oct. 14 - War Memorial Coliseum, Ft.Wayne, IN*
Oct. 15 - DeltaPlex, Grand Rapids, MI*
Oct. 16 - Eagles Ballroom, Milwaukee, WI**
Oct. 19 - E Center, Salt Lake City, UT
Oct. 20 - The Pearl, Las Vegas, NV
Oct. 21 - Gibson Amphitheatre, Hollywood, CA*

* $10 discount for tickets purchased during pre-sale (excluding the special $10 tickets)
** $5 discount for tickets purchased during pre-sale

Originally Posted by Physicx

nice!

laugh.gif

a review is a must once you get back. i know log and hatebreed are among your favorite bands so it should be a sweet time

In Flames in 2008 I think.  Here's my review:  I'm a %!****! idiot.  It was a long %!****! drive to Portland, I felt like and still feel like *%@#, the show ended up sold out, and it was a long %!****! drive back.  I'm probably just going to %!****! bed.

^^^
*!#@ yeah! Bite the Pain is probably my favorite Death song. Once I have time to run up to our jamroom, and Canon sends back my sister's camera, expect an 8 string cover of 9t
smile.gif

Also, I've been jamming this album like crazy. This dude is, for my money, one of the best guitar players to ever live and is my biggest influence. Its such a shame that his talents have been taken from him. Ladies and gentleman, Jason Becker.

Damn dude I remember when I heard first Jason Becker. He was a beast. Have you seen that footage with Jason Becker and Marty Friedman.

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

nice!

laugh.gif

In Flames in 2008 I think.  Here's my review:  I'm a %!****! idiot.  It was a long %!****! drive to Portland, I felt like and still feel like *%@#, the show ended up sold out, and it was a long %!****! drive back.  I'm probably just going to %!****! bed.
well, aint that some !+@$
smh.gif

a lamb of god show sold out in portland? what, the venue only hold like 15 people?
laugh.gif

but serioulsy, had no idea there were metalheads in portland. that sucks man, how long was the drive. whats your next show then?

and bcf, does this mean its megadave, slayer, anthrax AND testament?
eek.gif

nice!

laugh.gif

smh.gif

a lamb of god show sold out in portland? what, the venue only hold like 15 people?
laugh.gif

but serioulsy, had no idea there were metalheads in portland. that sucks man, how long was the drive. whats your next show then?

eek.gif
Well people will drive from hours away since Portland is the only place close by that gets concerts on a regular basis.  The drive for me is a hour and a half.  The next show that I'm going to try to go to is on the 25th and it's Otep, The Birthday Massacre, Beneath the Sky, and The Agonist.  Not a huge fan of any of those bands, but I do like a good bit of Otep's songs.  If not that then Soilwork, Death Angel, Augury, Swashbuckle, and Mutiny Within on the 29th.  Again not big fans of any of these bands, but whatever.

Rockfest sucks this year.  Godsmack, Drowning Pool, and Puddle of Mudd headlining
smh.gif
  I like Godsmack (though I consider them Rock and not Metal) but all the other bands suck balls.

On the brightside there's the Summer Slaughter Tour to look for to at the end of August.  And I might get to go with someone of the female persuasion
nerd.gif

i just looked up the upcoming shows in portland

holy ##$%$@+ @!%* at this:

Pentagrammaton World Tour 2010 Aug. 18

Enthroned, Deströyer 666, Pathology, Ceremonial Castings, Estuary and Panzergod

eek.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
you have to hit this up

jungle rot on the 20th should be dope too.

Forgot about that one
pimp.gif

KUFO (the local and only metal radio station though not as metal as it use to be) isn't advertising it
smh.gif

I only found out about it because of last.fm events.  This is honestly a perfect time for this girl I've been emailing for the last couple of months to move to Oregon concert wise
laugh.gif

You know what while we're on the subject $#*+ KUFO!  Here's the line up for Rockfest this year: Godsmack, Shinedown, Puddle of Mudd, Sevendust, Drowning Pool, 10 Years, and My Darkest Days.  In fact all of their concert endorsements are $+$!*$@ garbage until the Exodus concert in mid August.  Everything else is trendy *#@%!  Oh and don't get me on the steaming pile of *#@% that Rockfest has been for a while.  $+$!*$@ Kid Rock headlined it last year.  Kid $+$!*$@ Rock, are you $+$!*$@ kidding me?  What the hell, that station has been *#@% since Craig the Dogface Boy and Porkchop left!  Why the hell is it that the station went to crap because two DJs left?  The hell?  Arggggggggggggh!
Seriously here are the years and line ups for Rockfest: (I went to 2001 and 2005.  Both were a blast, not the greatest bands on the planet but better than they have been)

1996 (I)

Candlebox

Gravity Kills

Brother Cane

The Verve Pipe

Super Deluxe

Howlin’ Maggie

Sweetwater

Lifter

Reacharound

1997 (II)

Sammy Hagar

Gary Hoey

Seven Mary Three

COC

The Nixons

Local H

1998 (III)

Creed

Deftones

Brother Cane

Jimmy’s Chicken Shack

Godsmack

Brother Cane

1999 (IV)

Rob Zombie

Megadeth

Godsmack

System of a Down

Primus

Static X

2000 (V)

Tattoo The Earth

Stone Temple Pilots

Slayer

Slipknot

Sevendust

Coal Chamber

Hed (pe)

Mudvayne

2001 (VI)
Godsmack

Deftones

System of a Down

Saliva

Puddle of Mudd

Stereomud

Craving Theo

2002 (VII)

POD

Papa Roach

Static X

Tommy Lee

Flaw

Apex Theory

Headstrong

Flying Tigers

2002 Rockfest 7.5

Rob Zombie

Down

Adema

ill Nino

2003 (VIII)

KORN

Disturbed

Trapt

Chevelle

2004 (IX)

Mayhem @ The Meadows

Slipknot

Slayer

Drowning Pool

Hatebreed

Super Joint Ritual

Lacuna Coil

God Forbid

Soil

2005 (X)

Disturbed

Mudvayne

Shadows Fall

Ill Nino

In Flames

Trivium

10 Years

2006 (XI)

Alice in Chains

Buckcherry

Seether

Floater

The Bangkok Five

Evans Blue     

2007 (XII)

Incubus

Chevelle

Saliva

Black Light Burns

Cracker

2008 (XIII)

Kid Rock

Atreyu

Five Finger Death Punch

Rehab

2010 (XIV)

Godsmack
Drowning Pool
Shinedown
Sevendust
Puddle of Mudd
10 Years
My Darkest Days

nice!

laugh.gif

smh.gif

laugh.gif

eek.gif
Yeah but take out Testament.  I did think testament was going to be on too but it turns out they are not.  Its cool though cause I have yet to see Anthrax especially with Belladona.

I'm still thinking of hitting up Lamb of God with Hatebreed, 3inches blood in November but not sure yet.

Love the Death tracks in here..'Voice of the Soul' is just..ahh

+1 for Teen angst in adulthood..

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

Love the Death tracks in here..'Voice of the Soul' is just..ahh

+1 for Teen angst in adulthood..

Adulthood teenage angst for me
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

This song can still get me mad at my parents like I was 16 again and they hadn't done anything.  What can I say, I was a pissed off teenager
laugh.gif

This is my first foray into this thread, and I was hoping you guys could help me find some good metal to start out with. I've always appreciated the genre, but never got too far into it. Looking for some more melodic type with lyrics that I can understand. Not a fan of grindcore pig squeals and noises like that.
laugh.gif

shoes look tacky
laugh.gif

an dee, give us something to run with. we'd love to help you out, but first we need a band you enjoy right now and we can build from there

Back
Top Bottom