Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just saw the Piece Of Mind Iron Maiden Vans. I have the first two pairs, The Trooper and Killers versions. I want them badly. Just couldnt pull the triggerjust yet since they raised the price of Vans yet again. And I hate Vans too. lol.

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

Just saw the Piece Of Mind Iron Maiden Vans. I have the first two pairs, The Trooper and Killers versions. I want them badly. Just couldnt pull the trigger just yet since they raised the price of Vans yet again. And I hate Vans too. lol.

Vans are awesome man their pretty much the only shoes i buy now those peice of mind slip ons are awsome as well as the skates. I need to grab them whenmoney isnt tight lol. I pretty much wear my trooper skate highs all the time everyone says i look like a little kid with pictures on my shoes i dont give a fckmaiden for lifeeeeeeee. Im still waiting on the powerslave ones they are sick as well as the slayer series coming out.
Today
Possessed
Beneath the sky(not my bag but my friend loves em so i had to listen to em all day
eyes.gif
)
Kreator
Meshuggah( new cd is great pick it up)

Originally Posted by Johnstaysfresh

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

Just saw the Piece Of Mind Iron Maiden Vans. I have the first two pairs, The Trooper and Killers versions. I want them badly. Just couldnt pull the trigger just yet since they raised the price of Vans yet again. And I hate Vans too. lol.

Vans are awesome man their pretty much the only shoes i buy now those peice of mind slip ons are awsome as well as the skates. I need to grab them when money isnt tight lol. I pretty much wear my trooper skate highs all the time everyone says i look like a little kid with pictures on my shoes i dont give a fck maiden for lifeeeeeeee. Im still waiting on the powerslave ones they are sick as well as the slayer series coming out.
Today
Possessed
Beneath the sky(not my bag but my friend loves em so i had to listen to em all day
eyes.gif
)
Kreator
Meshuggah( new cd is great pick it up)
I can always count on JSF to bump the thread lol. Yea I wish I had the Skates for Piece of Mind. They look amazing. I just dont like Vans because ofthe recent flood of those shoes in the California area. Im guessing it was just because when I was in high school, a few skaters and a few outcast kids worevans and then my senior year all of a sudden it was cool to rock Vans. Kinda like the AF1 phenomenon. It disgusted me to see plaid or Vans with broccoli printon them.
eyes.gif
Anyways, I have boycotted Vans for years and now that theMaiden ones have come out I finally own a few pairs. I didnt know they are making Slayer ones too. Where did you hear that info? And do you know how manyMaiden editions they are making?

Anyways:

Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden
A Day To Remember - For Those Who Have Heart
Megadeth - Rust In Piece
All That Remains - The Fall Of Ideals

^ yeah vans are kinda the fake sneaker head sneaker of choice but I bike and skate so I like wearing them plus their damn comfy and cool looking. Check outoffthewallsite.com they usually always have up to date vans info on there my names hardcorejohn8189 on there. They have mad pics of the new slayer vans onthere and usually have the newest maiden vans when they come out. I think if you google powerslave vans you should find some pics. Seeing the success of thefirst 2 series and the latest their probably going to do some pairs for almost every album (hopefully). You need to change your avy to something more metaldude lol anyways today for me

The Sword
Mercyful fate(melissa and don't break the oath fckin rule)
Incubus
Slayer
Metallica(girly loves them)

Octobers filthy with awesome concerts when I get home from vacation I'm gonna start posting all the concerts I think everyone should check out.

Peace all keep listening to metal

Sorry I been out a while works a beast. I'm hoping vans takes out a van with the picture of the live after death album. Powerslave would be great thoughto. Did yall ever see those Nikes with Eddie on the side with the swoosh. They looked weird but cool in a way.

Mercyful Fate- Melissa (Been jamming out to this a lot)
Metallica - Kill Em All (My favorite metallica album) The new album should be interesting.
Testament - Practice What You Preach
Venom - Black Metal
Death Angel - Act III
Angel Witch - Angel Witch

I'm pissed I'm going to have to miss out on that metal masters tour with Judas Priest, Heavan and Hell, Motorhead, and Testament.

I just picked up the fairly new Protest the Hero album, Fortress, and it's killer. Their song structure is basically the same in a lot of songs, but theyplay their instruments so dang well it's hard not to like them.

^ its not hard for me at all hahahaha saw them live and felt like walking out.

How is angel witch bcf I need to check them out.

I listened to the new metallica played at ozzfest sounded extremely geniric . Better then anything on st anger but still damn terrible.

That testament song is sick btw one of the best of the hundreds of songs about corrupt preachers that came out in the 80's lol.

Originally Posted by fdls4life

I just picked up the fairly new Protest the Hero album, Fortress, and it's killer. Their song structure is basically the same in a lot of songs, but they play their instruments so dang well it's hard not to like them.

This album did absolutely nothing for me, i can't really get into this band, nor do i really want to.

Is anybody else excited about the new Trivium, It Dies Today, and Haste The Day albums?
All the new songs I've heard off these sound pretty sweet to me.

I really like Haste the Day. I was lucky enough to see them last year at a small venue and it was awesome. I haven't heard anything from the new album, butI'll probably end up buying it.

Johnstaysfresh, Angel Witch was a group that came along during the NWOBHM. Awesome group. The guitarist is really good. Singer is a bit soft but theguitaring makes this group sound metal. I definitley hear some Maiden influence there but I recommend you listen to their self titled debut album Angel Witchand if you still want to check them out give Resurrection a listen to. As for Metallicas song from ozzfest, I agree it sounds a bit cheesy but the UnforgivenIII songs intro sounds pretty damn good. I will probably wind up buying it.

Saxon - Wheels of Steel, Dallas 1:00 P.M.
Megadeth- Good Mourning Black Friday
Iron Maiden - Paschendale (beautiful guitaring by adrian smith)

Originally Posted by DonCoryson

I just picked up the fairly new Protest the Hero album, Fortress, and it's killer. Their song structure is basically the same in a lot of songs, but they play their instruments so dang well it's hard not to like them.

This album did absolutely nothing for me, i can't really get into this band, nor do i really want to.

Is anybody else excited about the new Trivium, It Dies Today, and Haste The Day albums?

Not trying to start up an argument, but seriously how do so many people not like them? Just because the vocals are clean for probably 90% of the album? Ithink they've got more talent than each of those three bands.

^ I have to agree though they are more talented then it dies today,haste the day and maybe trivium guitar wise the singers voice is extremely annoying itseriously makes me cringe. So even though they are techincally a good band I'd rather listen to those 3 bands then protest anyday(and that's saying alot lol) ill give them props for talented guitarmanship. As for the new haste and so on cds I haven't been really hype for a metalcore cd since I was 14 or15. Once I realized that metalcore was pretty much watered down versions of real metal I started listening to the real stuff rather then the fake $+@@ andI've never turned back execpt maybe for a bit of nostalgia here and there.

Thanks bfc I'm gonna def check out angel witch all I ever really knew about them was that they were a nwobhm band but I could never find any of theirstuff. If you like nwobhm stuff check out pentagram and paul chain if you haven't already. For paul chain I suggest listening to three water and voyage tohell two of my favorite songs by him. Youtube his name a guy on their made two badass fan vids for those songs over old italian horror movie clips( italianhorror is another one of my passions btw).

Thanks dude I will definitely check them out. I've been jamming out to a lot New Wave lately like The Tygers of Pan Tang. I've been also jamming outto Metal Church. Those that haven't listened to them and are into metal need to listen to them. Albums I suggest are Metal Church and The Dark. I hadforgotten all about these guys.

Fates Warning - Awaken the Guardian
Savatage - Hall of the Mountain King

Check these out too. It's been a while since I've jammed to them.

So I'd been hearing this band Austrian Death Machine on Sirius radio...turns out it's As I Lay Dying's vocalist's one man project. In myopinion it's a TON better than AILD since it's got a *little* thrash influence but still pretty generic.

I'll have to check out some of these bands everybody is listing.

So I'd been hearing this band Austrian Death Machine on Sirius radio...turns out it's As I Lay Dying's vocalist's one man project. In my opinion it's a TON better than AILD since it's got a *little* thrash influence but still pretty generic.

I'll have to check out some of these bands everybody is listing.
Its great stuff hahah. And I love how its made completely of quotes from Ahhnolds flicks.

Originally Posted by DonCoryson

HTD is one of my favorite bands across all genres. Ive been a listener since CD number one and im sure i'll love the new one. Ive only heardsnippets of the new material though. So I cant wait.

why didnt i find this thread earlier...

bodom got MAJOR play today (like everyday)

follow the reaper and hatebreeder were put on repeat

hate me, follow the reaper, everytime i die, mask of sanity, downfall, silent night, warheart, and children of bodom all got like 30 spins each

notables were megadeth (washington is next, holy wars, toute le monde, mechanix), sabbath (paranoid album), dethklok, and judas priest

i swear, ima bump this thread everyday from now on. keep this movement alive. ill put it in my sig too

*throws up horns* to dio - holy diver

Physicx -- Nice stuff. Good to have another person in the metalhead fam. Usually Johnstaysfresh gives the go ahead for the team sig lol. But go ahead andthrow it in your sig. Glad to have you here.
Originally Posted by Johnstaysfresh

^Didn't the old haste the day singer leave and they got this new emo singer.

The old singer did leave. Jimmy left because of personal issues and he wanted to focus on his family. I guess he has a little one and his wife wasnt happywith all the touring. But Stephen Keech, the new singer, isnt emo. Not that I can tell anyways, I was always terrible at slapping genres on certain stuff. Thenew guy utilizes clean vocals a little more than Jimmy but he still keeps it raw and I like that for the band. Anyways,

Nightwish
Bloodjinn
Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster
Skeleton Witch
Cream

Jammed out to

Down - NOLA
Down- Over the under
Iced Earth - Night of the Stormrider
Sepultura- Beneath the Remains
Queensryche - Empire

Nice Rust worship the fckin witch. Did you get at one with the shadows yet its fckin killer onward to battle is among my top favorite songs by them lmk if youwant it maybe ill find someway to send you a copy. Today at a family dinner nothing but jazz fro me today *sighs in boredom* its not even good jazz its thekind you buy at walmart lol.

Wow did anyone ever listen to Nocturnus if you haven't I greatly suggest you find their cd The Key really awesome 80's tech death with cheesy keyboardthrown in for good measure. Alien concept albums FTW lol

For some reason at work so far today, all ive been listening to is Madlib and J Dilla.

BUT,

I did get some Bury Your Dead in rotation on the way to work. lol.

Anywho, any shows people are looking forward to?

Waiting for that Metal Masters on the 24th. I bought tickets two days ago. This is going to be another awesome concert Priest, Motorhead Testament, andHeavan and Hell. By the way Jammed out to Manowar and Exciter today.

Back
Top Bottom