TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by jwdanklefs

T21D wrote:

I have a pair of Euqalon's (bowerman series) for my long distance runs and I throw those away after logging 200 miles.

I do the same thing Fred...

J, the only running I've seen you do is to pickup beer and take out!
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by T21D

Originally Posted by jwdanklefs

T21D wrote:

I have a pair of Euqalon's (bowerman series) for my long distance runs and I throw those away after logging 200 miles.

I do the same thing Fred...
J, the only running I've seen you do is to pickup beer and take out!
smokin.gif

QFT....lol

Fred has the right idea -- for a performance running shoe (especially one as rigorous to the shoe as running), the cushioning is shot after 150-200 miles. Intraining for the Chicago Marathon last year, I went through two pairs of Structure Triaxs and two pairs of Equalon 2s.

But I didn't chuck them - they all became my cut-the-lawn/camping/rainy-day-commute/softball practice shoes!

Originally Posted by jibbycanoe

got home to these. thanks to another mayhem heads up. thank you sir!

Originally Posted by tak

Jibby- Maize 90's looking very crisp! Those are still a must for me, Im just real picky when it comes to older release stuff......I prefer DS or DNDS (damn near deadstock). I'll Eventually come across a pair to my likings. Justin how Crisp is yours? LOL

dope stuff fam!

been crazy busy today...just checking in...
frown.gif

Ron - hope u snag 'em
wink.gif

laugh.gif
I'm currently working on something good, if it works out you gonnabe looking like this
asset.jpeg
if itdoesnt......
devil.gif

rehehehealy?!

i have two pairs of maize 90's.....so like my man right here used to say....

MontyHall.jpg

Let's make a deal!
laugh.gif

finally checking in after my heavy Tues night
tongue.gif

Chris - are those Royal Blue 87s or iDs a few pages back? either way
pimp.gif

kev2nd - nice blk/ gold Spiris.
dope Lights on the last page.

checked out those 'Livestrong' 95s in JD today - quite nice actually. the usual small bubble business (it's the flat one on the heel that alwaysgets me), some odd 'flecked' white laces, but the material as Dan speculated is the synthetic stuff that's been on all the nice recent grey retros.

so here's the final result of my '98 Pools nightmare. i spent most of the night in 1 shoe in the end. luckily, most of it in my friend's bar havinga lock-in so i didn't feel quite so stupid
laugh.gif
3860334635_e92152eb10.jpg
3861113740_c79f879722.jpg

3861110750_51044f21dd.jpg
3861107672_43da88692d.jpg

3860321057_bc998a004d.jpg

any chance Shoe Goo work on these?? i may give it a try anyway. at first it was only the left shoe, but the right is on it's way out now after driving homewearing it.
gutted... $250 and only 1 and a 1/2 wears. i think i'm gonna join kev2nd on that hunt for a pair of the later retros!
wink.gif

pushing my luck today - '97 Safetys to JD to hook up some Hot Reds. half sizes made, but not stocked instore
eyes.gif

3862617453_935f752ab0.jpg

home safe and sound
happy.gif

Damn G...I'd say those are done. RIP to a beautiful shoe.

Got something in the mail today...didn't have time to take pics before work, but I'll snap some tonight when I get home or in the morning...not an AM,but I'm pretty sure they'll get some love in here...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by s dubl

Got something in the mail today...didn't have time to take pics before work, but I'll snap some tonight when I get home or in the morning...not an AM, but I'm pretty sure they'll get some love in here...
nerd.gif
i feel a bit psychic....
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Clipse - 12

Mod - I saw 2 other pairs ending around the same day, but they were both DS. I just placed a bid and went to sleep. didn't expect to win. and those currenthuaraches are looking very nice
tak - thank you sir. I'm pretty pleased with their condition
mayhem - I don't even search anymore. seriously, you need to let me paypal you some beer money
smokin.gif

gooey - my condolences. that rear air unit still looking
eek.gif

anyhow, another today for me. unfortunately, they are a tad small. seller had them listed as equivalent to a mens 10, but the full description said they were awomens 11. didn't read that till after I won, which I didn't expect to. 93s run big on me so they aren't uncomfortable, but very snug. not surewhat I will do with em.

G - sorry to see those pools go like that. I have a pair on ice that will be a def gamble. Let me know how the repairgoes. Nice safety oranges as well
pimp.gif

Back to the grind...work has been hectic
ohwell.gif

i said this some time ago: any ds pre-2k black midsole/outsole 95 will pretty much have a limited lifespan at this point. once they start separating, it'sa wrap. that's why i stopped buying them.

250910774.jpg

it's a pity because pool blue 95's are so nice in person. if you have a non-cracking pair, either you need to start eating meat or you're lucky
laugh.gif

Justin=Miss Cleo...
nerd.gif

Jibby...keep em bro. Very dope colorway of 93s. I have the mens pair in the same colorway...

more power to you watching your pools crack and then wearing a very "crack-able" pair the very next day. Good luck repairing them, and beautifulsafety oranges...

Gooey - Harsh, but doesn't look like you're gonna have much luck there.

I've heard too many horror stories now to even entertain buying any pre 2000 95s. Some guy over at the other site recently dropped over $400 on a pair ofDS 98 Crystals. Beautiful shoe no doubt, but worth the gamble? I don't think so.

Oh, and it's good to know about those 95s. I'd need to see them in person but I think they've got a lot going for them: right material andunderstated colorway with just a splash of yellow to liven them up. You know for a fact that if they had a Livestrong tag on the tongue people would be goingnuts for them. I ain't gonna pay full price, but if they're on sale come Xmas when I'm back in the UK I'll scoop 'em.

Wow gooey - sorry bro
frown.gif
. Always good for an AM anatomy lesson though.
I'm still aiming to get some pics of some recent stuff I've gotten in, none yet though.

I did find some jewels for the Mrs. :

Air Craft

162165414b04d40a7244f2eccf5baa1f8bb63de8.jpg

They're in decent shape. Discolored and paint checking on the swooshes, but structurally sound. They're mid-restoration right now, trying to dealwith the discoloration issue. I got them for cheap, so I decided to try an experimental (and probably ill-advised) technique. But so far, so good
smile.gif

This one's half-done (right side), seems to be lessening the "oxidized crazy old shoe" effect
laugh.gif

5ed165414a0dd90a7580d46a64a57c6978610399.jpg

Damn Gooey... those really got it bad, glad to see you could still wear another pair from 97 though, im so paranoid with certain models now that ive hadproblems with in the past
FAM im selling a bunch of air maxes/runners on ebay... check them out
'nw89t' is my username
Moving into a new place for my last year of university, need a bit of funding to help pay for the higher rent
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by T21D

daaznfella- I run quite a bit, but not hardcore enough to do a full marathon, just 5k's. First and foremost, you really shouldn't be running with an ill fitting shoe. Second, the rubbing is likely due to your heelstrike. The AM09 is great shoe for the casual runner. I have 360's galore and a pair of of the 09's but I wouldn't run in them. Their just too heavy and bulky. I have a pair of Euqalon's (bowerman series) for my long distance runs and I throw those away after logging 200 miles. Hope that helps.
Today:
thanks for the heads up, yea i've been slowly increasing the milage, started off with a single mile, at about 1.8 per run now, hopefully be beat 2 next week and so on and so on

i actually switch between the 09, the lunarracer, and a pair of frees that i have, i really don't like the shoes are "running shoes"....it feelslike there is "too much" on the shoe, iono it's hard to really explain, that's why i was excited with the 09s, since they were a bit lighterthen other shoes....

flintgrey-yea i saw your medal actually, i honestly hope to one day post one up of my own..

for today, thank you denverairforce, rocked them outta the box when i opened it...

2zez3gp.jpg

nice pick up V...

Steve..such clean pics. Dope Sun Bursts.

here's my newest pick up....
smile.gif
not an AM, but they're well accepted here..

[Ice T] OG...Original Gangstas[/Ice T]
2n6g6rc.jpg

2f03zus.jpg

leather is sooo soft on these. great condition for an 18 year old shoe.... seller said worn once for about 30 minutes, but you really cant even tell.

Im happy
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom