TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo Seb,

Those are some strong words. But for real, anyone can buy a sneaker. Not everyone can get those bad boys.

And oddly enough, I'm throwing it back at you because Dominique Wilkins has always been my favorite ball player of all time. His post game was so ill for aSF and he was one of the few cats who went glass on the regular back in the 80's.

Best Dunker in NBA History. Yea......I said it.

HA!

^^ real talk ... the human highlight film definitaly the number 1 in game dunker of all time
... I have much deeper roots in music specially the hole DJ thing, than I have in sneakers.
If I had to choose between my records and my shoes I would definitaly take the records.
That´s why I personal like this pick up so much
wink.gif

Mike sup man ... really, really nice stuff your wifey got there
IMO Infras are the only 90s you really need in your collection
of course other colors are freakin hot too
but Infras are just on an other level

Oli - Dope lights man. I still need to bust mine out!

Seb - That display is dope
pimp.gif
I'm not much for the display thingeither, but that case is real simple/just right. Nice pick-up.

JJ - Sorry to hear about your loss. Keep your head up man! By the way sick 95s
eek.gif

Mic - Your wife's maxes are on point. I hope your pics are coming soon
happy.gif

Seb,

Best in game, best out of game IMO.

I also believe he beat Mike head to head in the Dunk Contest in Chicago in 88. Period. !@%@ the judges.

Nique was winning going into the last dunk. And Mike needed to get 4 points more on his last dunk to win.

They gave Nique like a 45 for an ILL 2 handed windmill which was#!!+@!!*%.

Mike did his now well know foul line dunk. The same dunk he missed earlier in the contest. And he was WAY over the line when he did it the 2nd time as aresult.

And they gave Mike a 50. For a dunk it took him 2 tries to make that wasn't even that great.

They gift wrapped that !+## for Mike.

And I hear you on the sneakers. DJ's are usually VERY serious about their records. I wonder if you posed the same question to a guy like Clark Kent, whathe would say. I almost think he'd probably take the records over the kicks too......

Originally Posted by illphillip

Much appreciated JDocs. So here we go.

Worked on these projects on a low level while I was at Virgin Records in 98 or so. As an assistant and to College Radio.

I got a couple of things for Lenny Kravitz and Fatboy Slim etc. as an asst. But I didn't work in the Urban Dept. Who were in charge of these. So I never got one.

Almost 10 years later, I work for their manager and he hooked me up with these.....

6z6l07n.jpg

Gold Certification for Moment of Truth and Full Clip.

Where my Gang Starr heads at?

my favorite album
smokin.gif
"Big L REST IN PEACE!" sick pick up on that

micmorales, your wife's first row of her collection is
pimp.gif
i need me a pair of theinfrareds in 8.5
http://micmorales.u.yuku.com

Phil , you still mad for what happened in '88???????

laugh.gif
...I dont know bout BEST ever...but he did get robbed in the dunk contest..and Nique belongs
in the HOF!!!

top 5 best SFs EVER..nobody could shut #21 in his prime...

Fave Gangstarr track? way too many...well Mass Appeal and Just to get a rep...

Phil, so you bringing mt pairs with you come May right?!?!

seb, sent you a mail and you never got back to me man, got a VVVNDS (could pass for DS) am1 teal in 9.5, dont sleep again!!

Favorite player of all time talk? For me, Hakeem Olajuwon. I was little when he was killing the centers of the league, but my man did his THING. He waskillin' Shaq when he first landed, and then Shaq took over cause there were no big centers left to handle him. But Dominique was that dude, still got oneof his old Starting Lineup figures.

anyways, Mike - the wifey's got some quality right there. I NEED those stab's in my life.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Much appreciated JDocs. So here we go.

Worked on these projects on a low level while I was at Virgin Records in 98 or so. As an assistant and to College Radio.

I got a couple of things for Lenny Kravitz and Fatboy Slim etc. as an asst. But I didn't work in the Urban Dept. Who were in charge of these. So I never got one.

Almost 10 years later, I work for their manager and he hooked me up with these.....

6z6l07n.jpg

Gold Certification for Moment of Truth and Full Clip.

Where my Gang Starr heads at?

see when ya shinin', some punks'll wanna dull ya
always selfish jealous punks will wanna pull ya
down, just like some shellfish in a bucket
'cause they love it to see ya$%@+ squirm like a worm
and just as you receive what's coming to you
everybody else is gonna get theirs too
i ain't no saint, therefore i cannot dispute
everyone must meet their moment of truth..

EDIT - i was pulling for mike as a kid in 88, but as a grown%$+@ man watching... nique got robbed.
favorite player of all-time?

33-57194-F.jpg

i'd rather get 20 boards than 20 points.

smokin.gif

very nice p/u phil. gang starr is one of the best ever. guru has always been underrated, and premier can do no wrong in my book. Royalty, mass appeal,who's gonna take the weight?, Dwyck, take it personal =
pimp.gif
i hope youhave been doing good my man.

Favorite player = MJ and boring Tim duncan

Whats up Fam...man I've been MIA on NT. Hope everyone is well and has had a great 2008 thus far.

Now to share some pics...Rotation from the past couple of weeks minus the last two days...

Animals yesterday...

'03 Sport Royals today...

I'm going to be selling some of my shoes so 11.5-12 people keep an eye out....tuition is no joke.

Keep it up fam
happy.gif

Oh and while we are on the subject...GOAT = GP

nba_g_payton_268.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

hey fam,

haven't been online much lately! been super busy per usual with work and work. i was also out of comission
for a while in regards to a laptop/pc, but santa brought me a laptop and blackberry for Christmas!! so, now
i am able to be less productive while i sit on my@!$#! at work!

dope stuff all around! MIKE (hellloooo) tell C to give me those 97s!!
mad.gif

so with all that said...there were too many pickups in 07, mostly GRs, but these are pretty good to start off 08
happy.gif

also, i can't wait to get those structures....they are simply fresh
pimp.gif

by the way, i still need teal AM lights, azure 90s, homegrown 90s, and atmos AM1s...anyone wanna make it happen?? sz 7-8!

i'll be a very broke and happy camper!
tongue.gif

Since I'm in the mood of fixing my am ids I decided to redo my Heiny am1's. Man light green is a +!$#% to work with! First I had to repaint all thedark green to 2-3 coats of white. Then I had to paint on at least 5 coats of light green! It was just soooo transparent. I finished one shoe and will finishthe other tomorrow. I'm very happy with the results!

Before:

After:

This was right after a couple of sprays of clear coat so it looked a lil bit shiney, but its now dull in person. What yall think?
KVN

JordanLovah awsome pick ups man. i need to get a hold of the SF am1's somehow. but before that i need to get hold of some $$$ haha

sean...JordanLovah is a young WOMAN ( who still hasnet sent me my box!! ) !!

and Laune...you know we thinkin about visiting around October....!!

wow phil unbelievable nice certification you have there. thats really a unique item especially related to these great records. Gang Starr isone of the best crews ever ... no doubt. and Guru has always been one of the mc's i have much appreciation for. well needless to say more about it. anywayi can see them hanging on the wall of your living room. doooope !!!

seb: yeah got your mail man. many many thanks for the heads up. i'll try to get in touch with the people you've mentioned.
and also from my side all the best for your b-day. i wish you a year full of health, fun and nice shoes
smile.gif

your display is crazy man. i like it a lot. nice choice with the classic colorways. mars and military and infrared laserblue combo is too cool.

damn every time i see the golden am97 i regret that i dont have them. and now with the new bubbles chances are getting smaller and smaller. mike your wife hasserious heat. but we knew that before. and i guess she can be glad that you're looking out for her shoegame. well we sneakerheads are good boyfriends
smile.gif
... feel you on the Mass Appeal thing ... sick track

picking the best Gang Starr track is like picking the best air max ... impossible ... way too much choice. above the clouds is also one of my favs ...

nice stuff laune ... good to see you posting. same goes for mr. trunk206 ... been a while

Morning,

I love when I come into the thread and have like three new pgs. to read
smile.gif

JJ - Nice to see you in here. Sorry to here about your loss.

Mic - Your gf has got some gems in her collection (stabs, 180s, infras). Your turn now
nerd.gif

Seb - Nice display. How'd I sleep on infras, idk.

Jordanlovah - Exceptional p/u.

Trunks - Nice rotation, feeling those crepes.

Oli -I can always count on a pic of
pimp.gif
from yourdirection. I hate being in the office all week w/o being able to rock snkrs, ggrrrhh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom