TEAM AIR TRAINER

Today:
nthat.gif
 Love these. Dope brother 
And Air Trainer IIIs really are the king of sneakers.
I currently only own one pair, Medicine Ball's, And they are one of the best made shoes i own, Quality on point. 

Just experimenting. And practicing on some beaters.  Still waiting on a donor for my energy at1s. 
DIY sole swap, very ambitious of you. I like it. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. I'll keep an eye out for a donor. 
nerd.gif

Feeling these so much I'm posting twice. :wink:
2012 AT 1 Mid Premium 'Chlorophyl'

Today's...2014 AT 3 Premium 'Medicine Ball'
One of the most quality constructions of all my kicks. Pic complete with the Charlie Brown Halloween decoration [emoji]127875[/emoji] :wink:

Feeling these so much I'm posting twice.
wink.gif

2012 AT 1 Mid Premium 'Chlorophyl'
Ol' cheap AF materials though.

I mean I think I was in 5th grade when these dropped originally and of course the materials would seem SO good back then, but there is no way in hell these were made the same then. 

If this didn't have a Swoosh, joints would be straight Payless Grade. 

ONe of the worst made shoes I've seen by NIKE. 

**** got me mad as hell right now just posting about it.

Ol' cheap AF materials though.

I mean I think I was in 5th grade when these dropped originally and of course the materials would seem SO good back then, but there is no way in hell these were made the same then. 

If this didn't have a Swoosh, joints would be straight Payless Grade. 

ONe of the worst made shoes I've seen by NIKE. 

**** got me mad as hell right now just posting about it.
Are you serious right now? That seems like a bit of an overreaction. Your mad that a AT 1 Chloroplyl was posted in an AirTrainer thread? SMH. They're minimalistic. Their are definitely better quality out there, but it's a plain Silhouette and CW. And as far as AT 1s go it's an absolute classic. They definitely don't have a "high quality" feel, but are no where near as bad as your making them out to be

Mad that Chlorophyl was posted in an AT Thread? Um no. 

I was simply just posting on how bad the quality is on the shoe. That's all. Simple as that really.

I don't mind you defending it or calling it minimalistic, but......that quality is Payless level, plain and simple. Nike should be ashamed.

Last edited:

I was simply just posting on how bad the quality is on the shoe. That's all. Simple as that really.

I don't mind you defending it or calling it minimalistic, but......that quality is Payless level, plain and simple. Nike should be ashamed.
I see where your coming from, about the quality. The silhouette and CW are absolute top 5 for Air Trainers IMO. I guess you caught me off guard coming at them that way. Lol, it's all good fam

Bit of miscommunication, mad at Nike for 2012 lack of quality.

It's almost worth looking back through the thread and finding comparisons on chlorophylls.

They haven't got them perfect for ages.

I had to recolour the green on the 08s, was way too dark.

Rest of that shoe was ok. Still going strong now [emoji]128170[/emoji]

payless quality might be a stretch.  not a far stretch, but a stretch nonetheless.  i cant speak for the original release (1987?) but theres a fine line between impractical and pragmatic.  for example, many of us complain about shape.  there is a large discrepancy in what shape used to be versus what it is now.  but as far as materials go, the discrepancy isnt as dramatic as you might think.  i def agree that the qualitative nature of all nike footwear has decreased but to compare to payless is hyper critical.  the at1 having an air unit alone can vouch its validity as more qualitative.  besides, you cant deny this particular silhouette, top notch quality or not. 

They haven't got them perfect for ages.

basically.

on the surface, the 2012 pair wasn't good quality mostly b/c that leather was stiff as cardboard. but, i think i've mentioned before that it's actually okay...b/c it does not crease much at all :lol:. I've gone thru about 3-4 pair and I scored most of them for less than $75 so I got my money's worth. It's a functional shoe but far from perfect.

Exactly.

If you want them enough based on cw then they're fine.

If you get them cheap enough even better.

Personally I rarely sit around staring at stitching and material quality, I put them on a walk through the street rain or shine.

While I do appreciate nice materials and can instantly tell build quality and feel, it's secondary to the shoe type and cw for me.

No worries.

Silouette and Colorway is by far my #1 choice in Trainers. I can't even bring myself to wear them though, it's tough, it takes a lot of convincing to wear them and to NOT wear them, and I put them on and just put them back in the box, and it pisses me off TBH.

Back
Top Bottom