TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

how do you clean the white stuff off the black midsole/outsole besides using mineral oil. the guy that sold me my black/vintage pair did one side and it looks really good. i forget who it was so i can't ask him.

kev, pretty sure any mineral oil is the best way to go about it. the chalky texture is from the rubber losing its natural oils over the years. you can go over them with mild soap initially, but you'll have to moisten the rubber with some kind of oil to get them back to pure black.

volkswagen guys use peanut butter to the same effect
on some of the trim pieces :lol:

Don't know about the VW folks, but I cosign the mineral oil comment.

Matt - great pick-up. I need pecans and chocolate browns.

Not trying to humblebrag, but it's amazing how many pairs you can have and still have so many remaining on your list!!

yeah man, i know there were a bunch of pairs on a japanese site that i was eyeing up and then they shut down and i kinda regret not grabbing them. prices were really high though. in fact, there have been a bunch that i passed on (most all from japan) because they were too expensive but in hindsight, i should have bought some of them instead of the crap that i've wasted my money on. oh well. did anyone ever buy that set that was listed on yahoo for ages? initially, they were listed with a low starting price but were pulled and relisted at some ungodly amount. me and spacej23 were gonna pool our money and split the pairs. it was 4 pairs: orange lows, red lows and 2 highs (i think?!?).

MFpearson those highs are very nice!

i have a noob question:

what kind of mineral oil are you supposed to use on fading black midsoles/soles? (are there different kinds of mineral oils? haha) Whats the general process on that? Thanks guys!

yeah man, i know there were a bunch of pairs on a japanese site that i was eyeing up and then they shut down and i kinda regret not grabbing them. prices were really high though. in fact, there have been a bunch that i passed on (most all from japan) because they were too expensive but in hindsight, i should have bought some of them instead of the crap that i've wasted my money on. oh well. did anyone ever buy that set that was listed on yahoo for ages? initially, they were listed with a low starting price but were pulled and relisted at some ungodly amount. me and spacej23 were gonna pool our money and split the pairs. it was 4 pairs: orange lows, red lows and 2 highs (i think?!?).

Were they shrink wrapped in the picture?

I didn't buy them, but I'm trying to determine if I remember the listing you are speaking about.

yes those are the ones. they were fairly recent (within the last 2 years). there have been so many others, priced very high, but not as high as that auction, that i've passed on and have not seen again for sale.

yes those are the ones. they were fairly recent (within the last 2 years). there have been so many others, priced very high, but not as high as that auction, that i've passed on and have not seen again for sale.

Here we go - I had saved a copy of the picture from the auction.

I saved this picture as well. It appeared on an Air Force blogspot, can't remember the site but I scraped every page of it!

Last edited:
they were on yahoo for the longest and the asking price was stupid.

there were a few other japanese sites that had old forces. i was mainly buying old air max 95s so i passed the forces by and didn't even save any pics but there were a bunch of older ones that were quite expensive.

yup, that pic could make anyone salty.

doodadee- you can use any type of silicone oil, it's typically sold as a lubricant and most hobby shops should have a really quality product available for around $5-10. it lasts ages. wash the midsole thoroughly with mild soap and let it dry. a soft brush will take off some of the residue. let them air-dry for a good while, then go over them a small amount of silicone oil on a lint-free cloth. the warmer you can get both the oil and the midsole, short of setting either ablaze, the better the likelihood of it permeating and the longer-lasting the effect will be.

those snakes in-between the cocoas and uncocoas are crap. wore mine like 2x and the toebox looked like speed bumps. even the uncocoas are mediocre (i think i still have mine though). whose pic is that? atmosquare? i remember he had a sick af1 collection.

those snakes in-between the cocoas and uncocoas are crap. wore mine like 2x and the toebox looked like speed bumps. even the uncocoas are mediocre (i think i still have mine though). whose pic is that? atmosquare? i remember he had a sick af1 collection.

Wasn't it "mentholguy?" I forget his name pre-changeover.

Back
Top Bottom