TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

I agree as much as I love my Atmos which I see once a year in 11-12 and the 2002-2003 JD pairs that still appear on ebay DS from time to time there is nothing like stumbling upon 90s GR's.

I haven't got crazy heat but I value my old pair of Glaciers over the latest Jordan XI retros that I'm trying to stop from yellowing.

We had a nice little Alaska "meet" last night. Here were most of the Air Forces brought to our event.

-Jermaine

man Jermaine i'd love to come and help with the setup.  My collection is 99% DS these days, i'm not really linked up with anyone here in NYC though :-(

boooo to DS. I wear and kill everything. im sure some of my beaters would bum people out :tongue:
not a diss to you MNadel

Originally Posted by Phase2x

We had a nice little Alaska "meet" last night. Here were most of the Air Forces brought to our event.

-Jermaine
tired.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Phase2x

-Jermaine
I love how a GR like the Cones can sit proud next to Friends and Family joints.

Originally Posted by sgtshizzle

boooo to DS. I wear and kill everything. im sure some of my beaters would bum people out :tongue:
not a diss to you MNadel
I'm sure they would!

Since I like to overshare my opinions on here, I'll weigh in with my thoughts on wearing your kicks vs. DS. I'm going to come at this a little circuitously. First, to me the biggest sin is somebody whose main interest is just buying pairs, saying they own them, taking picks, never wearing them, and then flipping them so they can rinse, lather, repeat with some other lustworthy pair. To me, that's not somebody who like sneakers; it's like somebody who takes pictures of themselves standing in front of other peoples' cars or rented rides. (This different from somebody who tries to come-up by flipping kicks - that's a whole other can of worms.)

So, to me the question is whether you are in it for the long haul. Wearing your kicks is the easiest way to make that statement because you are saying, of course it's not "worth it" to drop the resale value of your pair by like 40% just to take them for a spin around the block, but resale value isn't what I care about. But, that doesn't mean that somebody who "collects" in a more traditional definition of "collecting" doesn't love his shoes too. If you keep your kicks DS, but you KEEP your kicks, I can respect that.  

vintage air force 1s have devalued over the years.  If anything I will lose money if I ever sold anything.  My collection will never be sold.

I only wear things I can replace easily. 

Ive been in this thread for years now and I don't think anyone has questioned my intent.  Questioning it in general is kind of stupid in my opinion.

I don't understand how wearing your kicks matters.  OG jordans aren't wearable - does that make those collectors any less of a collector?  AF1s look the best in ds condition - they are a work of art as I see them.  I wear select pairs - I don't need a different style of sneakers everyday.  I actually don't identify as a sneakerhead and want to be wearing a new pair of fresh sneakers everyday.  Its just a private hobby of mine 

Ask anyone here if i've ever sold them something I own thats DS and obscure.  It has never happened and i've been offered some absurd amounts for some pairs.

Originally Posted by MNadel

vintage air force 1s have devalued over the years.  If anything I will lose money if I ever sold anything.  My collection will never be sold.

I only wear things I can replace easily. 

Ive been in this thread for years now and I don't think anyone has questioned my intent.  Questioning it in general is kind of stupid in my opinion.

I don't understand how wearing your kicks matters.  OG jordans aren't wearable - does that make those collectors any less of a collector?  AF1s look the best in ds condition - they are a work of art as I see them.  I wear select pairs - I don't need a different style of sneakers everyday.  I actually don't identify as a sneakerhead and want to be wearing a new pair of fresh sneakers everyday.  Its just a private hobby of mine 
Yeah - that's totally cool. I wasn't questioning your intent - it's just a topic that comes up, so I was giving my two cents.

The 2 things I will say in response to this post, however, are -

1. There's a difference between not wearing something because you are afraid it can't take it (OG Jordans) and not wearing something simply because you choose to not wear it. That's why I personally don't get the "I only wear things I can replace easily" idea as it relates to AF1s, because one of AF1's virtues is their durability. But, I'm not questioning your loves for AF1s AT ALL. If you want to keep em DS, that's your choice. Whatever makes YOU happy, right... Your passion is very clear and I definitely respect your commitment, knowledge, and passion. My comments were strictly for the sake of discussion.

2. I'm with you as not identifying as a sneakerhead. Everybody I work with knows I love sneakers because I'm constantly getting deliveries. And, most of my friends know that I'm into kicks to some degree. But, other than this forum, I don't have any "sneaker friends." I've never been to a sneaker event of any kind. It's just something I do - one of the many things in which I'm interested and one of the subcultures I'm a part of.

i feel you guys debate on tht...un ds some kicks in general is tuff because thy are so beautiful and fresh. However me personally how i get my full enjoyment is to wear them, i guess the more you try and get the less you need to wear those favorites, the ones i could easly wear for like two weeks straight..lol..but cant.

No not customs. phase2x, ID pair from the first run ever. Super sick materials. The leather on the inside is insane. Definately a quality pair
the color way is.... Well he was young
laugh.gif

Lol yeah they were from 2006. I was kinda inspired by the Viotech dunk low, as they were wild with different panel color blocking. The options they had before were very limited, so I couldn't really do too much. Plus, I was on a big time crunch (roughly 15 minutes). The materials are grey though. I have a nice pic of them I took from that same day, I'll probably post it later today if I can.

-Jermaine

the materials from the 1st iD were the best, patent leather, ostrich, leather wrap mid sole, etc.
(i didnt design these)
here are 2 of mines

insole

Originally Posted by RussianBear

Alaska got HEAT! hello from Russia)
Say hello to Sarah Palin for me. She's right across the pond, looking at you guys.
laugh.gif

Seriously, great to know there's sneaker love in Russia. Keep reppin' your way, bro!
pimp.gif

Here's a close up. I personally love em, but they're definitely not for everybody.

-Jermaine

Back
Top Bottom