TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

Originally Posted by vood99

Dope AF1s BIP, but I think your computer chair either needs to be replaced or reupholstered - and make sure it's 100% full grain leather! 
nerd.gif

tongue.gif
Ha! Outed! It's so damn comfortable - sort of a corollary to the men and underwear theory. I'm the Al Bundy of computer chairs!! Though, you're right, I could patch it up.

And, MF, yeah, this is my home office/man-cave/whatever. It's the second bedroom of our apartment and where I spend the most of my time. I have shelves/stacks of boxes in all four corners and am really starting to run out of space. My wife busts my chops about it a bit, but what are you going to do. The bookcase is strictly for sports books - I love sports bios. All my other books are in the huge bookcase in the living room.

Originally Posted by vood99

Dope AF1s BIP, but I think your computer chair either needs to be replaced or reupholstered - and make sure it's 100% full grain leather! 
nerd.gif

tongue.gif
Ha! Outed! It's so damn comfortable - sort of a corollary to the men and underwear theory. I'm the Al Bundy of computer chairs!! Though, you're right, I could patch it up.

And, MF, yeah, this is my home office/man-cave/whatever. It's the second bedroom of our apartment and where I spend the most of my time. I have shelves/stacks of boxes in all four corners and am really starting to run out of space. My wife busts my chops about it a bit, but what are you going to do. The bookcase is strictly for sports books - I love sports bios. All my other books are in the huge bookcase in the living room.

Originally Posted by MFPearson

love how the boxes of shoes are next to the tv - gotta be able to watch both at the same time! are your white/caro jewel mids yellowed on the tongues like mine are? also, nice columbia blue low's - thinking about grabbing a pair of those...
The jewels are actually a sales sample pair that I picked up recently. The tongue isn't really yellowing, just the laces a bit. The leather on the tongue is cracking pretty badly though. Haven't really seen that before.

I got the lows without their box. They are a slightly different blue than the highs, which are "Carolina." The lows are '02s, so I think they are "legend blue"

http://www.nike.com/af1/i...l#l=1thology,profile,503

Originally Posted by MFPearson

love how the boxes of shoes are next to the tv - gotta be able to watch both at the same time! are your white/caro jewel mids yellowed on the tongues like mine are? also, nice columbia blue low's - thinking about grabbing a pair of those...
The jewels are actually a sales sample pair that I picked up recently. The tongue isn't really yellowing, just the laces a bit. The leather on the tongue is cracking pretty badly though. Haven't really seen that before.

I got the lows without their box. They are a slightly different blue than the highs, which are "Carolina." The lows are '02s, so I think they are "legend blue"

http://www.nike.com/af1/i...l#l=1thology,profile,503

Those '02 white carolinas are on my hit list. I used to see them all over the place couple years back and now they are nowhere to be found... but so goes that story for many things.

Those '02 white carolinas are on my hit list. I used to see them all over the place couple years back and now they are nowhere to be found... but so goes that story for many things.

not that it matters, really... but i am almost positive that the blue on those '02s is "columbia blue" - just a point of order, so we can get our facts straight. 

white/columbia blue

but then there's this, which, like the 1thology, says "legend blue" - same style code and everything.  interesting.

white/legend blue

not that it matters, really... but i am almost positive that the blue on those '02s is "columbia blue" - just a point of order, so we can get our facts straight. 

white/columbia blue

but then there's this, which, like the 1thology, says "legend blue" - same style code and everything.  interesting.

white/legend blue

yeah, I know the color is white/columbia blue, I just call them carolina because it's just the way it rolls out. That holds true for the obsidian/columbia pair as well which I call navy/carolina all the time. I just associate that color with carolina.  And the other blue is similar to the Midnight Navy color.  I guess I just like saying Navy/Carolina over Obsidian/Columbia.

the wife's pair
354034025.jpg

my pairs
396300926.jpg

*recycled pics*

yeah, I know the color is white/columbia blue, I just call them carolina because it's just the way it rolls out. That holds true for the obsidian/columbia pair as well which I call navy/carolina all the time. I just associate that color with carolina.  And the other blue is similar to the Midnight Navy color.  I guess I just like saying Navy/Carolina over Obsidian/Columbia.

the wife's pair
354034025.jpg

my pairs
396300926.jpg

*recycled pics*

i've personally never seen or heard of the legend blues

Seen the 02 columbias a lot though

Originally Posted by MNadel

Yeah - I just checked the 1thology because my pair didn't come with the box - and that was what the '02 pair on there was called. Though, the highs in my pic are "Columbia blue" and the lows aren't the exact same color. You can sort of tell from the pic.

EDIT - here's another pic that shows the subtle difference. Again, the highs are 2001 Columbias. All though maybe it's more of the finish because the color on the soles looks identical.

Originally Posted by MNadel

Yeah - I just checked the 1thology because my pair didn't come with the box - and that was what the '02 pair on there was called. Though, the highs in my pic are "Columbia blue" and the lows aren't the exact same color. You can sort of tell from the pic.

EDIT - here's another pic that shows the subtle difference. Again, the highs are 2001 Columbias. All though maybe it's more of the finish because the color on the soles looks identical.

U guys have some extreme af1 heat. I'm mad I wore all my old pairs into the ground. I might have to do some sole searching to find a few gems I had. But good stuff guys. Keep it up.

U guys have some extreme af1 heat. I'm mad I wore all my old pairs into the ground. I might have to do some sole searching to find a few gems I had. But good stuff guys. Keep it up.

Back
Top Bottom