Taxi 12's - December '13

One of the best releases all year quality wise. Seems like most of my pairs always have minor things wrong with them, be it excessive glue, wrinkled leather, or paints smudges. But these were flawless! Made that price hike a little easier to swallow...

Nah...

Maybe that means its just a down year in quality, or maybe I got a bad pair, or It could be me just being biased because the 12s are my favorite Jordan's.

The quality is decent but DEFINITELY a step-down in Jordan 12 quality. The zoom is hard (if its even really in these) and the ankle foam is basically non existent. I'm almost sure I'm gonna return mine.

If anybody in the LA are needs a size 9, check with Nike Santa Monica tomorrow.

Yeah I had several loose stitches on my pair, you know the stitching throughout the shoe that forms the "rising sun" pattern. Some so loose I can fit a needle through them. Not sure how this pair cleared inspection. It was the last 13 they had so I scooped it anyway as insurance. Going to try to hunt down another pair before I let this one go though.

I went the raffle route. Got the call friday night to pick up saturday morning between 9 and 12. Went to bed late tired as hell at 7:30 in the morn. Alarm went off and couldnt get up. Finally realized it was 11:51. Rushed to get my pair got out my car at 12:00 and seen the line outside the door for people to buy the pairs that werent picked up by 12. Went inside and it was too late to pick up. That sucked.........ill never let that happen again!!!!

Now im trying to go through resellers and they act like they holdin concords or spacejams with there marked up prices.

For sure the shoe gods are laughing. SMH

Resellers have that December 25th deadline working their favor. That's why you will see insane hype on any retro Jordan that is released in the month of December. Unless I was trying to get these for a spoiled brat or something I wouldn't take the bait. General releases usually restock, sometimes more than once and if you by chance happen to miss out on the restock, at least reseller prices should drop significantly if you must go that route.

Its always like that mine still has this plus fire reds, green glows, toros, and gs sizes in a ton of stuff.
nthat.gif

i ordered 2 pairs from jj, received email yesterday saying one sz was back ordered, then a few minutes later received another email saying the back ordered sz was now cancelled, smh 
mad.gif

people need to be patient, there's no need to spend 380 on these, ebay is flooded with people paying double retail. You can guarantee these will restock on the majority of websites, along with the gamma's and they haven't released yet.  Swallow your pride, move to the next.  There's plenty of other great pairs dropping soon that you can try and grab at retail. 

people need to be patient, there's no need to spend 380 on these, ebay is flooded with people paying double retail. You can guarantee these will restock on the majority of websites, along with the gamma's and they haven't released yet.  Swallow your pride, move to the next.  There's plenty of other great pairs dropping soon that you can try and grab at retail. 

Nobody is spending $380 on the Gamma XIs dude, what makes you think anyone would even consider $380 for these? lol

Nobody is spending $380 on the Gamma XIs dude, what makes you think anyone would even consider $380 for these? lol

My homeboi was offered $410 right after copping a pair from the mall. He gave them up because he said he was not about to pass up someone being that stupid. Lol!!

^^ some people view Jordans as a status symbol. They want to be able to rock them the first day they drop. I watched a cat give someone $500 for the bred 11s when they first came out because he said he wanted to stunt in the club with them. All I could do was smh!!

My homeboi was offered $410 right after copping a pair from the mall. He gave them up because he said he was not about to pass up someone being that stupid. Lol!!
^^ some people view Jordans as a status symbol. They want to be able to rock them the first day they drop. I watched a cat give someone $500 for the bred 11s when they first came out because he said he wanted to stunt in the club with them. All I could do was smh!!
i would've bout another pair from a different reseller whos not tryna anal rape with the price and still make a profit

What's up guys, I was able to get the Taxi 12's from the 2008 countdown pack and I was also able to get Saturdays Taxi XII  release. Items of note:

I have BOTH releases in front of me here doing a comparison and if you look VERY closely the tumbled  leather of the countdown pack is a bit different than the leather they used on the 2013 release. It almost looks as if the leather Nike used for 2013 could possibly be a synthetic leather or something??? When I squeeze the leather by the ankle of the 2013 release the leather is noticeably harder and rigid/ course...now obviously the 2013's are NEW SHOES so they have to be broken in but I reckon if anyone had both shoes in front of them you can clearly tell Jordan brand used a different leather here and I'd be willing to bet this was a cost savings measure for the new release.

Diving more so into the detail...... the 2008 couuntdown pack leather is softer to the touch and just seems to have more of that "old tumbled leather look. It also has more of a suttle gloss to them to give them a nicer shine. Basically what I'm getting at is the leather quality is better on the older pair. 

Examining the  2013's, it could be real leather (maybe) but the quality certainly isn't as nice as the countdown pack. 

If you should have both pair check it out and it's something you can definitely notice.

Last edited:
Pairs from FNL shipped... All set "unsuscribed"

Gratz to those who copped and others salty please dont rape pay these will restock :wink:

Last edited:
$410 though?
sick.gif
. Man stuff like that is sickening. It boggles my mind how anyone could pay that for taxi 12s. With the most little effort you could ever put I'm pretty sure he could of bought it for way cheaper locally from another reseller. And yes, your boy took advantage of that, he could now use that money to buy another pair for retail or even aftermarket prices for 200-230 and still be winning with extra profit left over from that 410. Reminds me of the time when I witnessed someone buy Oreo 5s off a guy at the mall for $250, when there were about 2 other stores in that mall at the time with a full size run and NDC still did not sell out online yet. Just....amazed....how some people just dont do some research and check before getting extra thirsty and panic to throw away money like that.

5oe8zm.jpg

Shoes are decent quality better than most retros released this year i like them personally and as everyone expected they did run big for me at least ima 8.5 Tts and i went with a 8 and it couldnt fit any better overall im happy with my purchase shout out to all that copped and good luck on saturdays Gamma release be safe from the madness that the 11s bring happy i won that FNL draft

And now its time for me to retrire from this thread check yall on the other threads...1

$410 though?
sick.gif
. Man stuff like that is sickening. It boggles my mind how anyone could pay that for taxi 12s. With the most little effort you could ever put I'm pretty sure he could of bought it for way cheaper locally from another reseller. And yes, your boy took advantage of that, he could now use that money to buy another pair for retail or even aftermarket prices for 200-230 and still be winning with extra profit left over from that 410. Reminds me of the time when I witnessed someone buy Oreo 5s off a guy at the mall for $250, when there were about 2 other stores in that mall at the time with a full size run and NDC still did not sell out online yet. Just....amazed....how some people just dont do some research and check before getting extra thirsty and panic to throw away money like that.
People want to feel cool and flash cash around at the mall, and in the club.  I'll sit on my computer and cop pairs of gamma's relentlessly though.  I don't need to feel cool paying double retail for shoes.  I don't wear new retro's for at least a couple months after they drop, heck, I still have my black/red XI's factory laced. 
please tell me why bred XI's stiil go for 300? I remember the day after the release last year they were going for 400+. They may have restocked 10 times, and yes, people will spend 380 on gamma's after they release, at least for a few days.  I saw Taxi's going for that much on ebay man, go to completed listings. It's sad, people want instant gratification these days.

Back
Top Bottom