*TARGET FIELD Video Preview* (Twins New Stadium)....Vol. Wowww!

Nice find JPZ
pimp.gif

The new stadium is nice. It's not a "can you top this" billion dollar building that most of pro sports has turned into. So in that regard some people won't think it's a big deal. However it is a simple structure in a pretty simple town. A town that has been more or less begging for outdoor baseball since 1982. And *gasp* they actually built something nice without going to the city/state asking for a billion dollars.

This franchise has been playing in a football dome since 1982, the players are probably peeing themselves that they have their own stuff now
laugh.gif

Looks good, but isnt there a risk of alot of canceled games due to rain and snow?
In the Twin Cities area there always is. But nothing any different than Milwaukee, Detroit or Chicago. April should be rainy but beyond that it's smooth sailing.

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

It looks nice, but nothing really spectacular or out of the ordinary. Sorry.
I agree.  Wish teams would try something different

What different are they gonna do? I think stadiums like the new Yankee stadium are boring. They really didn't do anything new aesthetically. They went for the same look from the old stadium. I love what was done in Baltimore, St. Louis, Pittsburgh and such with incorporating the cities skylines into the outfield view. I like the look of seeing the downtown and the landmarks right in the outfield.

Nice Stadium.

As much as I love Dodger Stadium, I wouldn't mind a Brand New state of the art Stadium.

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

but anything is better than that trash hole that used to be there.
It's still there. The Vikings just played a game in it a less than a month ago....
Originally Posted by taimaishu123

royals stadium > twins stadium.
Maybe...difference is the fans won't be coming to our stadium solely to see the stadium. There's actually a decent product on the field.

For outsiders, maybe you could consider this "ordinary." I think you're slightly off on that assessment, but I respect it.

For Twins fans, this is purely a relic intimated from some divine power. I might take my seat at the first game I attend and potentially tear up. I'm about 75% sure it'll be emotional seeing that greener than green grass, those wooden-back seats (absolutely unique and a perfect choice), the skyline in the background as we watch Mauer and Morneau balls traject toward it, the bystanders on the right-field canopy enjoying the liberal space, that enormous scoreboard (compared to the Metrodome's above-average sized big-screen for a house), that vintage logo (another nice and unique feature) lighting up, those perfectly angled seats in the corners (Twins fans WILL NOT take that for granted), the implementation of URINALS - it's all going to seem too perfect. I'll gladly come to the ballpark in April with a hoody, stocking hat, gloves, and toe-warmers on my feet. We're Twins fans - you wouldn't understand if you were otherwise.

Oh, and they studied the weather patterns around the metrodome (excuse me, Mall of America Field), and consistent rainfall only occurred 5 times in the past 6 years during games. Now granted, I absolutely have not forgotten opening day in 2008 (hellacious wind and snow) but I think the elements are greatly overstated.

Wow, that looks really nice

I'm gonna have to go check it out in the summer, it looks way better than the metrodome

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Nice Stadium.

As much as I love Dodger Stadium, I wouldn't mind a Brand New state of the art Stadium.
ronaldbitchslapsxs1.jpg
Isn't there plans already made to update Dodger Stadium around 2013??

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

It looks nice, but nothing really spectacular or out of the ordinary. Sorry.
I agree.  Wish teams would try something different

Yeah the Twins should of dropped a billion dollars and had obstructed views in the OF....
smh.gif

It's a nice stadium, the facilities for the players are
eek.gif
.  The fans will enjoy being outside, although it will suck in April and October.

It is a great looking stadium without being gaudy.

Back
Top Bottom