taj gibson...steal of the draft??

cp3isdatruth

Banned
last year there were some steals in the draft like courtney lee and mario chalmers...
i really like what taj has shown...kid looks like he will be an all-pro...he reminds me of a young pj brown
other guys i think that are steals are toney douglas and dejuan blair

what do you guys think??

Good player, but he is already 24. Undersized but he plays really hard, smart doesn't try to do too much.

BX
pimp.gif

You can make a case for many other guys like Casspi, Douglas, Jerebko....and most importantly:

Spoiler [+]
5f5310a4e0a4123bc2cf731fbd843dfb-getty-90041113nd019_bucks_wiz.jpg

Originally Posted by CP3isdatruth

last year there were some steals in the draft like courtney lee and mario chalmers...
i really like what taj has shown...kid looks like he will be an all-pro...he reminds me of a young pj brown

what do you guys think??
Marcus Thornton
Darren Collison

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

You can make a case for many other guys like Casspi, Douglas, Jerebko....and most importantly:

Spoiler [+]

How is he a steal in last years draft?

Dude went # 10 which is still a lottery pick and he sure as hell wasn't a sleeper because everyone knew about him in HS.

A draft day steal is a player taken somewhere from the 1st round in the 20 to 28 range or in the 2nd round.

Players like Rashard Lewis, Monta Ellis, Manu Ginobili, and Nick Van Exel .

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Spoiler [+]

Dude went # 10 which is still a lottery pick and he sure as hell wasn't a sleeper because everyone knew about him in HS.

A draft day steal is a player taken somewhere from the 1st round in the 20 to 28 range or in the 2nd round.

Doens't matter if he was a lottery pick...he went lower than expected. All sorts of question marks surrounded the dude. You don't haveto be take in the 20-28 range or be a 2nd round pick to be a steal. If teams pass on you for whatever the reason, and you produce in your rookieseason...you're a steal. See Caron Butler, Paul Pierce, and now Jennings. Ever hear GM's saying "we got a steal at #10 (etc...), because wethought he'd be gone by the time we picked...." It happens just about every year.

come to think of it, lopez was an steal too.
most gms passed up on him due to his (knees?), look where hes at now.

Originally Posted by NY Mavurs

Casspi will go down as the biggest steal aside from jennings

indifferent.gif
I'm hating that kid right now, lighting the Spurs up
smh.gif

And I didn't know Gibson was a rookie, I thought he was a seasoned vet
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Spoiler [+]

He went at 10 and hes arguably the best player to come out of the draft so far....how is that NOT a steal

Originally Posted by yungchris504

Originally Posted by CP3isdatruth

what do you guys think??
Marcus Thornton
Darren Collison

i like marcus
pimp.gif

1 jennings -
2 casspi - who knew or even heard of this kid before he got drafted? and if you did, did you think he would make such an impact?

taj is benefiting a lot from tyrus thomas' injury and getting some burn...

good player tho, and yeah probably a steal for where he got drafted... i think in the long run as long as his knees hold up and he plays, dejuan blair is thebiggest steal considering how many teams passed him up

jennings is gonna be a superstar, if he gets a consistent jumper and less TO's

/\ Dajuan Blair is really not doing that much this season. People got gassed off of his preseason #'s but he hasn't been much of a factor at in theregular season

Back
Top Bottom