Super-High Alcohol Beer Heads to the U.S.

Above poster is right, Sam Adams drops a heavy proof beer yearly, My boy copped it like 3 or 4 yrs ago. It came with an appropriate sized glass to drink it with. Like 9 of us tried it, it wasn't horrible to drink, but def not a beer feeling. But seriously this new stuff is just 64 proof so idc the big deal.

Kicktionair wrote:
MikeTysontheKiller wrote:
Originally Posted by the north west

bet it taste like piss

How you know what piss taste like? Personal experience? What you doin sippin piss for? Real silly %%%% right there.

I tasted piss once

while taking a shower I was peeing casually (pee in showers hmmm) then I somehow hit my unit and swung around, a drop hit my mouth..... salty

sick.gif
tired.gif
laugh.gif

av-2.jpg

stupid. any beer that high in alcohol is going to taste like %$*!. at that point, they disregard flavor for a higher alcohol content. might as well drink whiskey

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

real beer cant be over 5% really with the regular brewing process They def mix it with vodka
laugh.gif
naw, it all depends at what temperature the liquor is stored at.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

Why are they worried, isn't hard liquor like Vodka higher than this?

bigger warning label or something

If it has the same consistency as beer with the same alcohol content it's going to feel like taking shots of vodka after drinking beers.

Imagine a 40 but but 5 times as bad....ive had some pretty high gravity beers they don't end well.
I don't get it.  Explain it as if you're talking to someone who has never drank before. 

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

Originally Posted by the north west

bet it taste like piss

How you know what piss taste like? Personal experience? What you doin sippin piss for? Real silly %%%% right there.
I tasted piss once

while taking a shower I was peeing casually (pee in showers hmmm) then I somehow hit my unit and swung around, a drop hit my mouth..... salty

sick.gif
tired.gif
laugh.gif

20rvaqo.jpg

Originally Posted by MECKS

its been here already tho?

Samuel Adams unveils high-octane Utopias beer: $150-a-bottle, 27% alcohol, banned in 13 states

Step-Dad loves that stuff. He's got like 3 of them. I don't get it...

Sam Adams has a 29% abv beer that's been out forever, now. It's called their Utopia beer, I think. Pretty pricey, though. $53 doesn't sound that bad. Will definitely pick up some to try.

Actually Brewdog just released Sink The Bismarck IPA which is 41% abv.  They came up with this brew because another beer company created a beer that was 39% abv, so they came up with this brew immediately after. Not really a beer in my opinion, brewed in unconventional/unnatural methods by distilling like a liquor. But anyways, here's the linkage fellas! I love beertap.tv

From the Brewer: Sink the Bismarck! is beer, amplified. With the volume turned full up, it is important you that you be careful with this beer and show it the same amount of sceptical, tentative respect you would show an international chess superstar, clown or gypsy. Sink the Bismarck is a quadruple IPA that contains four times the hops, four times the bitterness and frozen four times to create at a staggering 41% ABV. This is IPA amplified, the most evocative style of the craft beer resistance with the volume cranked off the scale. Kettle hopped, dry hopped then freeze hopped for a deep fruit, resinous and spicy aroma. A full out attack on your taste-buds ensues as the incredibly smooth liquid delivers a crescendo of malt, sweet honey, hop oils and a torpedo of hop bitterness which lasts and lasts.

The Beer Box Score
  • ABV: 41%
  • IBUs: Four times the hops, four times the bitterness
  • OG: NA
  • Hops: NA
  • Malts: NA
  • Other: Frozen four times to create the staggering 41% ABV

Back
Top Bottom