Super Bowl XLII: YOU GOTTA bELIeve!!!!!!!! Greatest Super Bowl in History?!?!?

l_cc21492deff793564c680a1284e23cbb.gif

smh.gif
<---- that best describes my feelings ever since last night....

both teams played horribly, it was a real sloppy and event less game leading up to that damn 4th quarter...i knew it was coming too
laugh.gif
I knew brady and co could make that drive happen and seal it off and wouldhave bet 1million (that i don't have
laugh.gif
) that there was no way Elicould mount a scoring drive-

but he did....and now its in the history books

But hailing Eli as better than brady or even the MVP is questionable...i mean dude was razzled the whole game...Tyree won that for them...Eli felt thatpressure got out of it then launched a prayer into the air with Tyree, Harrison and at least 2 other patriots in the area...Tyree and Harrison fought that oneout and Tyree won it...it happens...call it luck, destiny whatever...its the same thing thats been on the patriots side for years so as a fan i cant evenreally be mad at it-

Players of the game were def:
the whole Giants front line - only way to beat the pats was to pressure/rush Brady...def the game breaker...Giants O wasnt producing and if Brady got histypical pocket time he woulda picked that secondary apart
Wes Welker - the new and improved Troy Brown of the pats
Harrison - left it all on the field...dude was in/around every play and i seriously don't know where that D would be without him
Kevin Faulk - clutch...dudes been a silent warrior here for years...hope he gets a nice check for 09

and thats my rant-
grin.gif

nobody who was intelligent would honestly think that the Pats would kill the Giants. i joked about it, but i would never have actually put my $$$ on the Patscovering.

who in their right minds would expect a blowout when the Pats barely squeaked by the first time at home? and if people had been paying attention to football,the Pats hadn't beaten a playoff team by 12 points in 2 months. we all knew that their days of winning games by 30-40+ and running up the score were over.

i expected the game to be about 1 TD higher on each side, and the outcome reversed, but it wasn't as if i didn't give them a chance. we knew theirfront 7 could get to Brady, as we saw the first time. the Giants should have won that game, but what lost it in the end was Eli. so with Eli playing inspiredfootball as of late, the Giants were actually not a longshot at all.

I still LOL @ the fact that the Giants have 1 pro bowler...Osi needs a lot of company.

oh man what a great game. feels great to be a new yorker right now. best of all? doing against boston's perfect (nearly) team. what a crazy game.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

51PBEqYnFyL._AA240_.jpg

That 19-0 Patriots Book should be filed under fiction....LMAO

But anyone got a gif of Junior Seau and Bruschi hugging on the sideline after Moss' score as if they won the title???
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Moss and Seau still don't have a superbowl ring yet. But congrats to thegiants y'all deserved it and I hate the pats anyways
pimp.gif

Here's my contribution...just a little something I whipped up last night to post at work for all the Pats fans who were talking smack to me...

258vtid.jpg

Giants fan here.

I'm not going to lie I never thought they would be able to beat New England.

I'm happy as hell though, I couldn't believe it.

Finally, a New York team won something... and it was the big one.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Am I the only one who thinks it wasn't THAT good of a game, overall? I mean, yeah, the last 4-5 minutes of the game were amazing, but the first 3 ½ quarters were a total snoozefest IMO. If the Giants were stopped on that last drive, it would qualify as one of the most boring Super Bowls ever.

eek.gif

i though i was the only one that felt this way. This Superbowlwas major zzzzzz up until the 4th qtr. Don't see how cats calling it one of the greatest Superbowls they've ever seen, sh.. was mad dull. Only 4TD's were scored the entire game... it was a great game in terms of defense but naw this Superbowl wasn't that great at all.

Wanted the Pats to win but major props to the Giants. Eli was
pimp.gif
in theclutch. I'm happy for Plax to one of my Favorite Wrs.

......And this is suppose to be the greatest team of all time...................
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. I've been telling you dudes all year long that the*Patriots are FRAUDS and the game last night just proved that. All those records they accomplished this year mean nothting, absolutely nothing. Let this be alesson to all you dudes out there, cheater NEVER win, ever.

Also, where's the kid at that think Moss is better than Rice
laugh.gif
. Idoubt we will see him around these parts anytime soon.

This really hasn't sunk in yet.

I'd swear you can't make a storyline like this up...if this were a movie it would be the worst cliche' movie ever. The under-dog team beating allthe best teams, and finally facing a juggernaut undefeated team in the Super Bowl....having the last posession with 3 minutes left for a final drive, someunbelievable and unfathomable plays to drive down the field....I swear this is a damn terrible Disney movie.
laugh.gif

It was good to see Tyree have a pretty solid game. He didn't really leave an impact when he played at S.U., if anything he was only known for his off thefield issues/problems. Found it pretty funny when he drove to south campus and started a fight with a dude on the lacrosse team for messing around with thesame girl. "Hoody" just cements the notion that he's a scumbag off the field, horrible that he couldn't wait the 2 seconds and had to runinto the locker room. 18-1

Originally Posted by BenFranklinAve

Am I the only one who thinks it wasn't THAT good of a game, overall? I mean, yeah, the last 4-5 minutes of the game were amazing, but the first 3 ½ quarters were a total snoozefest IMO. If the Giants were stopped on that last drive, it would qualify as one of the most boring Super Bowls ever.

eek.gif

i though i was the only one that felt this way. This Superbowl was major zzzzzz up until the 4th qtr. Don't see how cats calling it one of the greatest Superbowls they've ever seen, sh.. was mad dull. Only 4 TD's were scored the entire game... it was a great game in terms of defense but naw this Superbowl wasn't that great at all.
You two must be the type who need 35pt touchdown fests to be entertained, which is not a problem, but I enjoyed watch the the Giants D put in work.The D- coordinator was the real mvp

Will we soon see Supermodel Gisele Bundchen naked, running down Broadway in New York? Well, after the New England Patriots, includingGisele's boyfriend, Quarterback Tom Brady, lost the Superbowl to the New York Giants, it might actually happen. Don't believe me?Gisele herself stated "If the Pats lose, I'll run naked though Mid-Town Manhattan." Naturally, Gisele tried to take back herpromise, but it was more about logistics, than a fear of running naked through Times Square, reports CBS Sports.
It was a mistake and I'm sorry I said it. I don't know what I could have been thinking -- Midtown Manhattan is a parking lot any time of day or night. It'd take 30 minutes just to make it from the Theater District to 34th Street. And what if I ran into the Naked Cowboy and had to pose for pictures with every out-of-town Tom, %%%# and Harry? Tack on another 30 minutes, easily. How 'bout I simply flashed my breasts from a billboard in Times Square and call it a day ... will that work?

So, could that be the reason the Patriots lost the Superbowl? After all, what good is a shiny trophy and an ugly ring, compared to physical perfection thatis Gisele Bundchen in the nude? Even Patriots coach, Bill Belicheck was torn over thought that winning the Superbowl would mean not getting to see Gisele inthe buff, saying "I've seen Gisele in a thong, and trust me, that butt's tighter than a fine-tuned snare drum."

9bc2589e4f565e16cdc0b9128de1361b79e4132.gif

Eli Manning, I applaud you.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

This really hasn't sunk in yet.

I'd swear you can't make a storyline like this up...if this were a movie it would be the worst cliche' movie ever. The under-dog team beating all the best teams, and finally facing a juggernaut undefeated team in the Super Bowl....having the last posession with 3 minutes left for a final drive, some unbelievable and unfathomable plays to drive down the field....I swear this is a damn terrible Disney movie.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
so true... then you have guest stars like jessica simpson, Giselle, Tynes kick against the packers at the frozen tundra

Originally Posted by MrMoneyInDaBank

Originally Posted by BenFranklinAve

eek.gif

i though i was the only one that felt this way. This Superbowl was major zzzzzz up until the 4th qtr. Don't see how cats calling it one of the greatest Superbowls they've ever seen, sh.. was mad dull. Only 4 TD's were scored the entire game... it was a great game in terms of defense but naw this Superbowl wasn't that great at all.
You two must be the type who need 35pt touchdown fests to be entertained, which is not a problem, but I enjoyed watch the the Giants D put in work. The D- coordinator was the real mvp

co-sign this right here.

going in to the 4th qtr did could you honestly say who was going to win? no. it was great. the suspense was there, both D's made the game worthwatching.

the Pats O-Line failed to adjust this game, ALL credit goes to the NYG D-Line.

im not going to lie, ima Moss fan
grin.gif
and i wanted him to get his.

Back
Top Bottom