Suicide watch update..BSC/ Bear Sterns, The truth comes out after hearing a bunch of lies

Originally Posted by finnns2003

^

ouch. he's screwed

laugh.gif
Yea, he is. He just signed a lease on a studio like 4 months ago,too. The whole day the dad was making jokes about how his son (the one that works for Bear Stearns) had probably jumped out of a window, because he wasn'tanswering his phone
laugh.gif

Not too long ago the guy was talking about how he was wanting to go back to school and get his Masters Degree from Stanford, but didn't want to leavethis job. I guess it worked out pretty well for him...kinda.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by JordanFiend85

No need to argue with someone who posts a gem like the one you did. Your reasoning has no bearing on why the Fed wont let major banks fail...

It has nothing to do with owning stakes and the short term damage would far outweigh the long term benefits.

Like I said learn about money and banking.

laugh.gif

The short term damage would be great. Outweigh, long term benefits? No way. I guess letting the market do what it does is bad all of a sudden.

It has nothing to do with owning stakes? The why is JP Morgan (whom the FED used to put a public face on the loan) already talking about acquiring BS's brokerage side.

You think that the Banks are just separate entities?
laugh.gif
That they don't do business with each other or aren't invested with each other and in each other's success to a point.

Keep reading all the official junk they put out. The Big Boys on Wall Street like it that way.

Oh, one more thing. I guess a number of the major economists and investors saying similar things also don't know about money and the banking system, right?
roll.gif

EDIT:

I couldn't pass this up. Was just reading an article in the WSJ and lo and behold.

While the short term risks of letting BS go is not known, the long term consequences of high inflation are.

Article
After initial relief, credit markets have taken a turn for the worse in recent weeks, breeding an every-man-for-himself attitude among Wall Street firms. With each firm intricately intertwined with others in a maze of loans, credit lines, derivatives and swaps, the Fed and Treasury agreed that letting Bear Stearns collapse quickly was a risk not worth taking, because the consequences were simply unknowable.

The worst thing is when somebody thinks they know something but they really don't. I never said the banks weren't intertwined and that they hadother motives for keeping BSC afloat. You sound like somebody who took an intro to money and banking and thinks he knows it all. It has absolutely nothing todo with banks being intertwined or all of them having stakes in each other. You should read the last sentence in that paragraph. LOL at you thinking that thefree market cures all, have you ever heard of liquidity risk, or a bank run?

JordanFiend85 can you just friggin' explain why hes wrong instead of just saying hes wrong over and over again?

Back
Top Bottom